Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

Yeah I've been getting quite a lot of A's for my Braum and I have only started playing again in the last 4 days or so.

I only seem to get S-'s and Ss on my Bard, so I don't know the criteria for getting an S+ as a support.

Maybe a ton of wards and assists without and deaths? Which is difficult, knowing the current state of the base sightstone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

:getin: .

Also Riot, Bard already does like half of the ADC's health with AA-Q-AA at level 1, that's not early game struggles.

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

foutre posted:

I mean, his level 1 is strong but his level 2 spike is practically nonexistent. If you play well with q's early you can have presence, and he can bully early, but he's definitely weaker for a good number of early levels post 6.

I agree with this but it has to be that way because bard hits level 2 a minion earlier than anyone else in the lane, he's strong at levels 1, 3 and 5 though and his ganking is quite good as long as you don't throw your adc to the dogs.

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011
So I got fed as Bard today and decided to try a god awful build.
I thought mpen bard was how you smote nonbelievers but I was wrong.

(I'd link to the game proper but I'm on my phone)
I don't think I'd build this in any real game (it takes far too long to get the 3 item core [cdr item/lichbane/ludens] in the support slot, the only reason I had it in any normal time was because I farmed champions) but one shotting both twitch and Quinn from the time I had 3 meeps onwards was quite nice. Fun fact, a meep AA procs ludens so you get something like a 90% (30% meep + 10% ludens + 50% lichbane) AP ratio + 500 base on the first auto since you can get the lich bane buff from any ability.
Subsequent autos do closer to 80% Ap + 400 if you're good at timing abilities (either tunnel or healing shrine after the Q) to always proc lichbane.

Mottie fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Dec 20, 2015

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

:unsmith:

Let's ignore the fact I fed my rear end off every game of my promos and still won them 3-0.

Mottie fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 21, 2015

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

The Mash posted:

Idiot project update: I've succesfully saved up enough IP and bought Bard. So far, I haven't been able to get mid Bard through champ select in gold 1, but I'll keep trying.

Damage/assassin bard is better in the adc slot, I can tell you this from experience.

E:
You still build ap/lichbane, its just Bard is much better when there's two targets consistently around because of his Q
And his weak bases plus very poor waveclear pre-25/65 chimes force him into a duo lane.

Mottie fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jan 8, 2016

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah you can carry from the support role it's easy.
Granted one of these games is ADC, I should do my placements.

Also someone talked about playing lux support?

Do not

Play

Lux support.
(also what the gently caress is it with people taking AP blues they're trash)

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Tell that to Faker I guess

I kinda figure if you can dodge poo poo and aren't in bot lane where the AP poke supports live, yeah
a Gold Lux? Not quite so much.
(I use CDR blues though , they feel more right since cdr is a bit harder to itemize for than AP , at least 40% of it, but I still take some MR blues)

Mottie fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jan 21, 2016

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I'm pretty sure anybody that's silver or above could carry in bronze as support by picking literally anything that isn't a support, getting fed, and wrecking the other team. Bronze players are bad. You could probably get a relic shield, only farm when its procs are up, and outfarm a lot of bronze ADCs. It's amazing how much low-ranking players fail to understand how important farm is.

Who said you couldn't get fed as support, huh?
:colbert:
Though I do agree with you csing seems to not exist in bronze and silver, I was playing a game where I was shoved under my tower with the threat of 3 or 4 bot for 5 or 6 minutes and still came out with more farm than the Vayne who was able to free farm, and I can make as much gold as any carry because of that.
On the other hand we push out the enemy duo laners and I press tab and whoops the ADC can't last hit at all oh well that's a wasted advantage.

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

foutre posted:

I mean, enough cdr blues to fill out a cdr cap is a very common thing for supports to do, the reason so many support items have cdr is because it's good on supports, but there are a lot of games/champs where it isn't necessarily right to go for a full 40% in runes.

I think AP is rarely a better option, with the exception of AP supports with good scaling like Brand.

Also, re: RFC Bard, I think that RFC may be decent on Bard because it lets you get off better picks with your passive and start fights somewhat more safely, and that combo'd with spooky ghosts is actually really good. However, Ludens isn't great on a champion with one ability with AP scaling, and Lichbane isn't as good as just an on-hit item like iceborn or whatever if you don't have much cc. Bard scales off of AS and on hit more than AP just in general, and CDR more than both.

I think if you really want to all-in on the auto attack thing, getting an iceborn after makes more sense (cdr is almost strictly better than AP on Bard, and you get procs off way more than Ludens and it gives more cc etc.), and after tank/AS if you really want to. However, Bard can still poo poo out damage either way, andimo it's not worth giving up the benefits on Banner or Locket/FH/Randuins that are all items Bard likes a lot.
Bard meeps got a cdr buff to 8-4 seconds based on chime count, you'll usually have at least one meep unless if the fight runs very long , and there's 3 ap abilities really if you count the passive, meeps even activate ludens!
It's a gimmick build I know is bad and I know Bard only really needs a void staff and/or liandries for damage items, I just like to do 800 damage meep autos. (350 + 200 from ap lichbane + 130 from Ludens + 150 from rfc), its fun though.

(Also the w healing becomes rather significant when you can double it with 300 ap)

I've actually tried iceborn on Bard it's not terribly effective, its why I have 10% cdr on runes (5% scaling 5% flat, its... Weird) to fill out the build.

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011
Y'all should play Graves before he gets nerfed, he's ridiculously fun when you turbo clear the jungle and EQR some poor soul (and one shot their rear end)

I'm total rear end at jungling and lose most of my games, but graves is very easy as long as you don't potato the ultimate.

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

These are all good skins for champions that I play... except Kog'maw because gently caress Kog'maw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011
I got a random group disbanded bug when going into a game and.

:riot:

• Locked thread