Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Yay nothing I said made it in the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Flameingblack posted:

They also have a vowel in their name (which still doesn't discount Nautilus or Lux)

Are there any champions without vowels?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Kubla Khan posted:

Not even sure why you think it's a troll. I'm only curious what the game is like at a higher level since I never got to experience it, as compared to its main competitor.

It always is

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

I learned my lesson. Always be Yi.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Please be sensitive of ancient thread memes.

I wasn't even going by a meme. All of those Yi games were easy wins, the yasuo one we lost loving hard.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Looks like OCE is hosed too, telstra customers can't connect + getting loss prevented.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

NTT posted:

Sounds like some crybaby bitch poo poo

30 minutes of vods can get muted for a few seconds of audio, not even an entire song or something.

I had it happen to me when I tried to upload a video of Dirt 3 to youtube for my friends, there was a few seconds of a song after a race so I got a copyright infringement despite it coming under fair use because it was literally a few seconds. Googles system is bullshit and the American music industry are complete assholes. I'm sure the 5s MAX of your song totally cost you sales.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Normally its the winning handbook but then he made a pun by making it be whining

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I for one am happy that Rammus might get popular again, less people playing vi = longer until the best champ in the game is nerfed again.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Top Gnar seems super easy to kill in little mode but my god don't go near him if mega Gnar is nearly ready/up holy poo poo.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
League is hosed

Took me 35 minutes to patch.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
It really seems like his mini form is underpowered and big one is overpowered. I was Garen against a Diamond Gnar and I shat on the mini form but holy loving poo poo if I went anywhere near big Gnar I was dead 100%.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
A lot of stuff on Gnar can be described as combination of other characters abilities

ie: Ult : Fat Long Flay cross with the stun on Condemn
Passive: Renekton passive crossed with Shyvana ult that's automatically used at full rage
The mega Q is pretty much Olaf's axe toss too.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/55437797/200001699

I used to hate midlane but gently caress me Fizz is the best champion ever. His troll poll is so much fun.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Previous Jesus posted:

Riot said they made Gnar's transformation uncontrollable to make him easier to balance but does anyone else think it kind of has the opposite effect? It definitely seems like it's going to be really hard to balance him across all levels of play.

I really honestly think that his Mini Gnar is really weak while Mega Gnar is really really strong. You just kill him while he's a squishy turd and don't go near him when he rage is charged.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Endorph posted:

You're actually a terrible person because you compared calling someone a shitfucker in a video game to domestic abuse.

What sort of tumblr bullshit is this. Using the example of domestic abuse to help describe a behavior is perfectly acceptable because its the same mental process that lets someone be a total oval office anywhere and say they "aren't that bad". This is an example that would be used in a psychology class to help explain and describe the application and range of a particular behavioral theory. No poo poo that being a dick in a video game is nowhere near the same level as beating your wife but no one is saying that you nerd.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
To get to Plat, you have to be good at the game however you don't need to be perfect. People who duel in the jungle randomly probably normally play champions that could win those fights or have higher than plat skill in other areas and not understanding when and when not to fight is what's holding them back.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Out of all the non Triforce ADCs I think MF gets the least out of attack speed between double up and ult, although I'm bad and probably wrong.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I thought I'd finish my S4 placements, and then I got a Caitlyn who played like one of those old soraka bot game bots. I know that if I play a large amount of games on average these losses have a greater chance of happening to the enemy but goddam does it make me not want to play at all. It feel like this poo poo happens every time I play ranked, whereas in normals I've got an high enough mmr that this sort of thing is never seen.

What is with Bronze players and micromanaging with 100000 pings too? Far out its irritating, don't use the ping button more than once if at all tia.

E: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/oce/1310431 This was the player. For some reason they don't have any matches, but lolking isn't showing the games I played last night on my account. Was it their first ranked game ever, and their first game of lol in so long that their match history was deleted?

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 19, 2014

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
To be honest, I'd only play Vi if you really like her as a champion. Shes good and fun to play but I feel like the ult cooldown nerf was enough to knock her down from OMG ULEH PLAY NOW

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

JuniperCake posted:

Vi is still amazing and easy to play. I'm trashcan jungle and even I can make her work. Vi and Wukong aren't banned very often as well and both of them are extremely good at disrupting enemy teams and locking down their carries. There are plenty of strong jungle options for sure, but Vi is still a very good choice.

Shes not really easy at all. Straightforward yes but the only jungler I'd call easy is Yi versus bronzies because it's so easy to splitpush/dodge their cc because they will never ever wait your alpha strike out, they always lead with their stuns at which point it's easy mode.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I know that I'm good enough to get atleast silver 5 this season. I am 100% sure of it. But then I play ranked, and I have to ask myself, whats the point? I just had a game where I had a Shen support who was super laggy, but was doing his best despite getting constantly abused by our MF adc. He got to level 7 before finally saying "this isn't worth it" and just alt f4ing. MF then started abusing the poo poo out of us all game, she was hella mad.

We managed to take an inhibitor and another inhibitor turret before the enemy team got their poo poo together at 45 minutes, with MF constantly abusing us and having the mentality that she was carrying. We would have won if Shen had stuck around. That combined with the literal bot playing caitlyn yesterday really makes me ask, whats the point, I never see this poo poo in normals and my opponents are usually much better than what I've seen in these 2 ranked games. I'm not even mad or frustrated, just disappointed.

E: Pretty sure I'm 9 games into placements

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I know I will climb if I play enough but I don't feel motivated too. I quit ranked in bronze 2 last season getting 33lp a win because I got really unlucky with games like these, I was silver 4 on na before I swapped to oce and got put in bronze 3.

I'm happy with my performance last game, I did really well, but I get the same lovely experience every time and I just can't be bothered with it. Leagues community is hopeless.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Libertine posted:

It sounds like you are playing very few games of ranked, or that you are dipping your toe in once in awhile and then extrapolating big things from these few games. If you want to climb the ladder you should be playing probably 3-4 games a night of ranked minimum for whatever period you are trying to climb. The ranked system needs a LOT of games to correctly get you at an ELO where you are accurately placed (50/50ing most games for small ELO gains/losses).

This is exactly it. I know I am not Bronze based on normals and the few ranked game i have against bronze players. Last season when I was a worse player the game told me I wasn't bronze when it gave me 33lp a win and -10 or something a loss. I just don't have any motivation to play. I'm like, "Noones on, might as well play ranked" and then have a bad experience every time (usuaully a month or so apart) and go back to only playing 4-5man normals with my mates. Like now, 2 unwinnable games in a row. In the Caitlyn bot game, Elise did not get a single buff after her first pair (I was Vi) and our Talon was 8/0 at 10 mins and that still wasn't enough. I was happy with how I did, but it's really disappointing to have that mean nothing because it was effectively a 4v5. The MF game today was basically a 3v5.

If i was on the enemy team I wouldn't have enjoyed it either, it would have felt really cheap. Leagues a really good and fun game but the players ruin it

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 20, 2014

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I normally play normals late at night, I'm Australian so it's currently 320pm here. The 2 ranked games were at ~1-2pm, only people who would have been on are unemployed bored uni students like me. I swear to god though the MF today was an 11 year old who just learned about the word "oval office" and took a sick day off school.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Methanar you need to move to whatever city Riot's servers are located in, become 10000LP challenger, get hired, and have a 50 year long esports career because you must be some kind of lol god.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I prefer the game "drink"

Rules are in the name

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjBbJ0f2Dto

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I make fun of it but the tna in league is why I'll never show a game like league to girls who ask about games I play, unless they are already interested/aware of mmos ect. Its pretty creepy.

And yes, its happened, I showed them bf3

E: my mum wanted to use a character from league as inspiration for a mascot she was designing. I regret telling her to google MF to find out why that would be a bad idea, apparently she saw "some poo poo".

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 22, 2014

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Bholder posted:

You know, whenever this argument comes up I cannot help but ask "what's the difference between the two?"

The guy who played the mountain in got is the strongest dude in Europe

Not exactly male underwear model material. I guess that's the difference?

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 23, 2014

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

strongest doesn't equal most attractive, unless you're into bears

If we're going for a sexist against men argument, you want some ottermode guy

I think he was talking about the difference between a big strong dude and a hot dude. Hafpor is kind of the extreme but yeah. He's 25. Looks 40.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Vayne prepares her crossbow and fire a bolt, narrowing missing Tristana and landing between her thighs. She sighs with relief and jumps away.

But was the sigh sexual????????????????

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCW29hTtmd0

Heres his voice.

E: Xerath, Sivir, and Renekton interactions. Nothing about Nasus/Cassiopeia/Amumu

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 27, 2014

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
You can definitely throw a soldier over the wall at second turret bot on purple side (or top blue side) and attack it.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Why do people refuse to loving surrender god dam when we have been getting killed as soon as we spawn and the enemy is farming us to a total of 61 kills just loving click yes and stop wasting everyones time.

E: Coming from the only lane that didn't feed horribly, did pretty good as Top Jarvan.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Aug 28, 2014

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

How Rude posted:

I think something is severely wrong with the actual game's interface this patch. I played an Irelia game today where her portrait turned into the ignite icon, but not just for me: the whole allied and enemy team could see it.

I had Kassadin turn into flash. Pretty accurate.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Tonetta posted:

I enjoyed spending the better half of a 65 minute game literally clicking my buttons, after multuple dc's. I can't wait for worlds on this busted as gently caress client

Worlds are hosted locally aren't they, they won't be effected by a ddos

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Tonetta posted:

I do not think ddosing has anything to do with losing control of my keyboard in game.

Reinstall.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Methanar seriously, you are some kind of league savant and I'm sad it wasn't around when you were 2, you could have been like one of those pianist kids who are pretty much mozart at age 10, except for video games. Go join the LCS mang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Methanar posted:

100 meters away.

So, uh, heres my idea because gently caress the alternative. I had expectations and I'm not going without meeting those for another 2 years.

I get an ssd and I load everything on it. I go and live in the 24/7 computer commons and use my ssd as a portable version of my personal computer. The computers in the lab aren't half bad and could totally run league at 60 fps. Fixing the mouse would be an issue though.

I don't know about Aemrica but in Australia I could legally break my lease on uni share housing because the internet was absolute poo poo and after a few months they had done 0 to fix it. I was promised 30x better than what I got. You should try that.

• Locked thread