Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
RIP KAYLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
mikujin.gif where

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I thought life steal was overpowered as poo poo during beta. Probably because it was. Also I thought stacking auras was the best possible use of my time. Starks soul shroud frozen heart while playing taric.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

dominion.jpg

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Mercedes posted:

I don't think I've ever felt so helpless in this game as when your internet decides that, no, you're not going to win this and chokes your bandwith so that you're forced to play at 1,000 ping for the rest of your game. I don't even have any loving options for internet providers. I didn't want to climb out of bronze ever anyway.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Dr. Video Games 0150 posted:

Speaking of bad Internet connections I have tried to setup one of those tunnel programs (ping zapper) or a VPN service as an alternative to routing through my ISP (Verizon fios) but I'm never able to load into the game after champion select. The error is always my firewall is blocking the game. Is this a port forwarding issue? Has anyone else successfully used a VPN or other service with league?

I have before because of reasons.

Make sure your VPN covers udp. There are a million tools to test this.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Poppy is a severely underrated champion that is pretty much unstoppable once she comes online. A lot of people see her painfully awful early game and never give her a chance while failing to realize how much of an invincible carry-deleting rear end in a top hat she can be.

Confirming.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1488760043/34866927

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B57W-Dq1KiiXeTdaVWZZX0Q3cjg/edit?usp=sharing This is a baron's replay file.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
http://link.email.riotgames.com/YesConnect/HtmlMessagePreview?a=3CF8Aetp7RqhHuENqmwtZg_k&msgVersion=web

News

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Poulpe posted:

I'm sorry to tell you this but if at any point you've been in Challenger they've already won :(

Riot owns my soul.

The email they sent me was only a receipt.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm not really getting this master tier thing. Is it effectively just the replacement for the current 80+ lp people?

Will this contribute to rank inflation.

How do you get demoted back to diamond 1.

Does this mean diamond 1 <80lp is now going to be spread over something 125% the current 'space'

Does master get a diamond 1 reward set?

Does master and challenger share an LP, if so why not just say gently caress it and bring back plain mmr for diamond 1+.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Sharzak posted:

'challenger' is meant to imply that they are challenging the already established pro players for a spot.

It should still be named the league of legends.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Mikujin posted:

Sorry goons I was playing with. Campus net got taken down awhile for some reason, it was really nice of them to not give me a heads up. :thumbsup:

http://seclists.org/nanog/2014/Aug/162

Hi,

Some routing tables hit 512K routes today. Some old hardware and
software can't handle that and either crash or ignore newly learned
routes. So this may cause some disturbances in the force.

HTH,
Teun

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

So this is what lag looks like. I've been very fortunate and got 23mb down in 20 minutes.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

lol

no it's definitely me, been chain disconnecting since I got home. takes 5 tries to load the entire page and not just get the first 8 posts or something.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 14, 2014

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Go drive heavy equipment.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
You can do better than that.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Mikujin posted:

Into things at your workplace.

This is your fault. You triggered me.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Brannock posted:

Do you guys have some sort of mental disorder? Serious-looking lady with a giant rifle: who the hell is that even supposed to be? Wait. ... Could it be Jinx, the Loose Cannon, the character exclusively depicted with a wildly happy expression in all of her art and dressed in goofy totally battle-inappropriate poo poo?

I'm pretty retarded. I didn't know who it was either and after like 15 seconds of thinking the best I could come up with was jinx.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Minrad posted:

Do you have Autism, the Asperger's Syndrome?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
[6:37] WHIZKIDOS: need to roll harder on your keyboard
wax on wax off that poo poo

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Colonel Squish posted:

I apologize to whoever bought Gnar because I hyped him up. I hope you're still enjoying the little guy even if the consensus is that he blows.

I legitimately thought he felt really strong, even if you don't get ahead. Unfortunately, it's way too hard to get into the fray as Mega Gnar so it's nearly impossible to wreak all of his havoc. Plus, the whole not being able to decide when you're going to all-in is a pretty lovely thing in and of itself.

anti-fun, no agency, unplannable, awkward, clunky, free stats, mobility creep, free stats etc

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Mystery Prize posted:

Man I don't know why more people don't play support Karma, cause holy poo poo she is a HUGE bully in lane. Her level 1 damage is unreal and her level 2 all in has worked like, 7 games in a row with a poke oriented ADC. Her shield is also amazing for chasing/escapes.

Is there some glaring weakness she has that prevents her from being played regularly in high Diamond?

Shh

this is how you get poo poo dumpstered.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

a medical mystery posted:

Diamond where players have cooler heels and are harder to exasperate with the clown.

I've got some bad news.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Please stop spamming your stream. If anyone cares to watch a bronze (they don't) then they will sub to you and watch from that notification.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Endorph posted:

You're actually a terrible person because you compared calling someone a shitfucker in a video game to domestic abuse.

Knew this comment was coming like 3 hours ago.

He's talking about dunning-kruger and amnesia.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Did austrian mook name change to this guy or what.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Want a free guide?
[11:18:55 PM] Kevin: 1) dont play bruisers or supports. Theyve been nerfed to the ground and suck rear end
[11:19:25 PM] Kevin: 2) lock in either a strong assassin, apc or an adc.
[11:19:47 PM] Brandon: so the same thing I've always done
[11:19:48 PM] Kevin: 3) tank items all suck. Things that dont dmg suck and the tanks that are good have built in tank stats
[11:19:50 PM] Brandon: so the same thing I've always done
[11:20:13 PM] Kevin: Akali talon fizz
[11:20:19 PM] Kevin: Anything that does dmg
[11:20:24 PM] Kevin: And can be built full dmg

My 70lp friend is giving lessons.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I actually think mini is better than mega.

Hyper is just stupid and has the biggest bulls hit percent heal th if you are using it right. Mega is just slow as gently caress and will get you totally out of positions when you involuntary transform

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

fnox posted:

It's not as much neglecting the game as it is having to cope with a hilarious amount of traffic from all around the globe on a single server cluster, while also getting malicious traffic you gotta filter out somehow as well, all while trying to provide the most reliable experience possible for real time gameplay, for a userbase that by majority plays the game for free.

You can't compare them to similar multi million dollar companies like Google because Google isn't providing anything as delicate in terms of connection fidelity.

Youtube, Hangouts, Google wallet, Drive (a whole lot of people are going to lose their poo poo if their ~cloud~ with critical company information on it is down for any length of time during business hours), etc

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B57W-Dq1KiiXSHhBMEs2X3p5Sk0/edit?usp=sharing

Can someone turn this into a gif for me?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

nrook posted:

To play Ranked you have to be happy with a game in which you played well and lost. If you're unhappy with a game like that you have no chance of sticking around long enough to get to your ~true elo~.

Yeah, basically this.

I hate everyone and everything and I can't get to my real elo as a result.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Verviticus posted:

i was playing on a gold account with a friend the other day and despite being pretty fed, i couldn't do anything about this stupid loving setup. we'd spend like five minutes mid with no hope of an engage, id say "please just let me split somewhere" and as soon as I walk away, my team would engage a 4v5 (or 3v5 with my friend trying to pull them back). i tried to trick them by walking away but being ready to return, they wouldn't fight. tried to force something in the jungle, the enemy team wouldn't bite

after like 20 minutes of the most utterly confusing and ridiculous game i finally safely got to a different lane, killed two of the enemy team, and we won a few mintues later, but holy poo poo. i still dont understand why people would play league if that was a routine occurrence

This is why I stopped elo boosting. You literally could not pay me to play this game at gold or something.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Methanar posted:

This is why I stopped elo boosting. You literally could not pay me to play this game at gold or something.

These new avatars what the gently caress.

Someone tell me what I should turn my avatar to so I don't need to deal with lowtax's poo poo.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
K SA is stupid and doesn't take debit or paypal.

Someone buy me a $5 gift card for an avatar change and I'll paypal you some elo blood money.

Currency Total
CAD (Primary) $8.67 CAD
USD $135.09 USD

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Someone buy me an avatar change gift card because neither paypal nor my debit works for SA.

I will pay you back

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Yeah okay, you win.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I taught myself how to make gifs.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Tonetta posted:

Lets get a place together and get better internets because dial up is dumb and bad

Really why do you still ranked on it I quit ranked because of it I just dont get it

Mostly to prevent myself from decaying.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

I found Braum, guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
They fired the every original artist about 4 years ago.

• Locked thread