Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

kingcobweb posted:

Nightblue3 has had a serious darkening of mood since I first watched his "bronze to diamond" series. He used to be relentlessly positive and constructive, and would just laugh off negative players. There was one game where a Wukong was giving him poo poo the whole time, and he just played along good-naturedly in chat asking if he did good, then honored him after the game. He was laughing and said he was gonna duo with him.

Then I pulled up one of his more recent games, and it was like he had become a fatalist or something. He was complaining about his teammates and overall just a total chore to listen to.

This game breaks men obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So I have played League on and off for about a year now, sometimes with friends other times alone; but I have never really been any good and have only ever made it to Silver though I mostly play Normals.

Are there any Australian goons who would like to hang out and play sometimes while I practice? I am getting bored of being the bad one when ever I play with friends.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

AdorableStar posted:

Surrenders in ranked make no sense. The enemy team has just as much chance to throw as you do. If you surrender, you 100% lose. If you don't, then worst case that could be 99%. It's not a normal where you would surrender to not waste your time.

It's the whole tilt/embarrassment thing. A lot of people would prefer to throw in the towel if they are say 0/3/0 and have lost their lane than suffer through the perceived embarrassment of a total defeat.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Bholder posted:

That is exactly why I'm surrendering.

I surrender because I'm bad at this game and don't want to drag my poor teammates through hell if I just fed top twice because of bad plays.

Unless it's Ranked in which I will fight to the end.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

AdorableStar posted:

Go play some normals then if you don't particularly care about winning?

While I agree entirely with this I think it's funny because when I have tried getting practise in on a new champ or build and I point out its a normal I sometimes get the response "Go play vs AI if you don't care about winning!"

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Night Blade posted:

Welp, that was a weird series.

"Top please"

*Other guy takes top*

Forced to jungle, got ganked early by rengar after I took my red, kept my composure, came back with 5 unanswered kills and a bunch of lane assists, force a surrender. had some good teammates too.

Game two involved my forced into support as Karma, things were going well up until lee sin started camping bottom and our AD, foul mouthed lulu mid started yelling at our jungler for no reason. I got caught a few times I shouldnt have early but rectified it later with solid play and good poke. Unfortunately, our mid laner was functionally retarded and our Vi went on tilt and decided to not just ignore her. She dives in one too many times and we eat a loss.

Last game has me forced to bot lane ADC, a role I literally have played 4 times in all these years. I pick Caitlyn and my bot lane assures me that he has AP runes and gives the timless advice "just dont die". Bot lane carries the lane as Nami as I flounder around, 40-50 CS and 2 kills behind. Teleport / Smite Master Yi goes apeshit and mercs everyone; I vaguely help out and picking people off and taking down towers.

So now I'm Silver I

Doin' better than me pal. I'm still Silver 2

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

VodeAndreas posted:

Had a glance over first couple of pages of PGS and nothing leaped out at me :effort:

As long as someone's used it.

Tried it on OCE just now and it worked for me. :shrug: Thanks for sharing man.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

maev posted:

I bought jarvan ready for some jungler hype and after 2 games won I was ready to uninstall league from boredom. It's probably his personality, yeah that's it.

Mister High and Mighty over there. Thinks he is better than the peasants because he is the prince, oooh.

Well I tell you what Mr Prince. GIANT STORM BEAR TO THE FACE!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

kingcobweb posted:

If you play ranked you should really keep like, a comic book by your desk that you can pick up and read during load time/after a rough loss

I don't understand the reason why, but I only get mad and flustered when I have an audience to get mad and flustered in front of.

Playing solo, in LoL or any game, really has me going "Oh gently caress I died, good shot mate." But with a friend on Skype or something I complain much much more.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Can anyone tell me how to get down with the Clown? I am awful at Shaco but wanna get better.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ungulateman posted:

Alternatively, pick a less annoying champion to play against

Like Teemo

or Lee Sin

I am even more embarrassingly bad with Lee Sin :downs:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I just started playing again with a mate after a year and I suck worse then I did before; and before I was only a Silver 1 at best.

Is there any Goons who would be kind enough to hold my hand and yell at me to playing better in OCE; when my current state is hitting mobs half a second too late to count?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So is there an IRC channel for this thread somewhere?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RealFoxy posted:

At one time but it was really bad so now everyone just uses Silversquid in client.

Same for OCE players or are we a minority?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Rygar201 posted:

This game is so different after four years away (Dota2 and then kids). Apparently after thousands of hours of mobas my mechanical skill is roughly intact, but I've zero meta knowledge and my awareness has suffered. Who wants to play chill normals with me sometime? I'm usually online 8-10ish PM CST. I've got mumble and like to use it while playing.

You're doing better then me buddy. Over the last 4 years of on and off playing I have apparently played about 800+ normal mode games.

And I still have an issue where I either cancel my own auto-attacks DotA style or my attack animation finishes JUUUUUST at the minion dies and I don't get the last hit.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Rygar201 posted:

Yeah I've got 2500 normals since 2010, and I think 1100 hours of dota2. I'm missing more CS than I like but I want to say I'm getting 4 or so a wave solo. I'm still trying to figure out the new jungle. poo poo is weird. Jungle was probably just barely my most played role in the Before Time, so hopefully I can get the hang of it again.

I would say I get 4 or so a wave too.

I'm trying to practice by playing ADC again but I just seem to be in the harassment center for people who want to be harassed and just get poked all the time.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Is it possible to play 5 games without encountering someone with a nazi/Hitler reference in their name?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ImpAtom posted:

That depends does 420 count as HItler?

420 is on it's own separate scale.

Double points if they are named 420 and Hitler.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

The Shortest Path posted:

420 is hitlers birthday bro

Only if you're American and use a weird Month/Day system :colbert:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Rafzakael posted:

i was wondering this myself

the answer is no and has been for the past three seasons i think

First game of the day:

420 encountered.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RealFoxy posted:

Someone dodged during champion select, but they must have done it in a way that broke their own client because the game still started and loaded and we started a game knowing that a player was never going to connect :riot:

I notice after a year away Riots programming for loading into games still sucks.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Any OCE goons wanna do a :iiam: skin swap?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So do these new A B C rankings mean anything?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Gamerofthegame posted:

Do they work properly for supports? Not to toot my own horn, but it's kinda rare I play a support game and not get S ranked. Mostly Leona/Luxing.

Yeah I've been getting quite a lot of A's for my Braum and I have only started playing again in the last 4 days or so.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I am looking at getting back to my old favorites in jungle (Xin/Voli/Udyr) but I am finding lots of mixed guides when I look up rune/mastery set ups and lots of conflicting opinions on which of these new jungle item upgrades is best. Can anyone give me a quick run down for a guy who hasn't played in a year?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RealFoxy posted:

Voli scales off health if I'm not mistaken, so you should almost always build Cinderhulk first, with blue smite to slow people down so you can catch up to them easier.

Xin/Udyr can go either of two ways. You're either going to build Warrior if you want to snowball early game and control the map, or you build Devourer if you want to hard-carry late game. It all depends on playstyle, but right now with the new AD items I'd say Udyr is in a much better position to make impact early game than he's ever been, as opposed to the traditional Trick2g "I'm going to be a useless piece of poo poo for 35 minutes and force you to 5v4 until I try and hard carry you myself as if you aren't even here" style.

Darth Windu posted:

They can all go any jungle item honestly, voli shouldn't get warrior but that's it. Xin is really good with titanic hydra and devourer, udyr probably best with cinderhulk and tryforce. If you're ahead go with the offensive opinion, if behind go defensive.

Ok sweet.

So I am guessing for Xin/Udyr I'll be looking at Attack Speed/Armour/MR runes with 18/12/0 masteries and Death Fire or Fevor of Battle as my number 18?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Lee Sin still good no matter what patches happen.

More news at 11.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

NTT posted:

Lee Sin, is not good

Nerf *champnamehere*

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

NTT posted:

By the way taking attack damage and attack speed rooms and then going center hope Titanic Hydro said you want is still hilariously strong especially in the current meta-.

:downsbravo:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Endorph posted:

did i crack the code

I think you did!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I spent the whole video believing that Nunu would come back and win the game.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So I played a game with a good friend after my year long break of not playing LoL with him. Now I remember why I stoped playing with him where I could:

"loving Jax is though.", says Friend Darius.
"gently caress me I got ganked why aren't you helping?!", says Friend Darius after getting ganked by jungle while I gank bot.
"loving hell I can't beat this Jax he is too fed.", says Friend Darius after having been killed by Jax 3 times and going back in for more.
"This Bard is poo poo," says Friend Darius after getting hit by a slow and having an Olaf tower dive him "He's so slow comming up to help me." Bard has been running up to mid this whole time and Friend was warned if he gets hit by a slow he will die.
"We are losing. Everyones hosed gently caress all of you for not winning your lanes."
"gently caress FUCKY gently caress gently caress gently caress poo poo I HATE THIS loving GAME"
"ITS *champnameheres* FAULT"
"ITS NOT MY FAULT JAX IS FED", says Friend Darius after trying to 1v1 Jax and in response to no one saying anything to him about it.
"We would have won if people helped me get fed like Jax."

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Are there any OCE goon who would like to play together?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lovechop posted:

my client is stuck on 33% patching no matter what i do

help

Uninstall reinstall.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Methanar posted:

thankfully aram is 100% big 5v5 clusterfucks so yaoi is still actually really good
:agreed:
ARAM is a joke and people who take it seriously are bad.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

The Shortest Path posted:

Poro King, on the other hand, is a Super Serious game mode and I'd appreciate it if you all put your best feet forward this week.

That is because the King is love and life itself.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
"She seems kinda under powered" - My friend on Poppy.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I mean at least it's not a bad picture.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mr. Belding posted:

Little Billy: Grandpa, what's your tattoo?

Grandpa: That's a anthropomorphic chipmunk midget I used to jack off to.

You're making some large assumptions about someone with a giant rear end Poppy tat's ability to have a child let alone a grandchild aren't you?

Says the guy who wants an Imperial Insignia form Star Wars one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Is Mystery Champion worth buying if you are still missing about half the champs available?

• Locked thread