Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
"numbers and punctuations aren't available through the keyboard, but they've been turned into virtual keys"

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
just tossing some lols at the 'pos. laugh it up boys. get as much lol as u can.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
funy computer

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its like Hudsucker proxy except the idiot CEO drew a square on a napkin

pram
Jun 10, 2001
you know, for execs!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

blackberry now 50% keyboard!

reminder: at no point has anyone demonstrated how you're supposed to dial a phone number on this telephone

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
wb kirk :cheers:

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
The row of numbers and punctuation appear on screen just above the keyboard when you're using it, depending on what you're typing. I don't see how that is a "fail".

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
The Passport was VERY snappy! Especially moving in and out of "Active Frames" (NOT tiles. That's a WP thing. ABSOLUTELY NO offense meant to WP fans). Web browsing looked great! I cannot wait to get my hands on that keyboard!

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
The numbers and punctuation are not "missing". They appear when you want/need them as you use the keyboard. No "major fail" here. USE the device first upon its release before claiming its a fail. That's the only way you can truly judge it.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
You just can't STAND the fact that BlackBerry is succeeding with what they have now proposed to do. They are getting better in every way and a little TROLL like is probably beating yourself up because of it. BlackBerry isn't just an "app maker". That's nonsense and rubbish and you know it. BlackBerry definitely DOES NOT need to go Android. They need to continue to push and develop their own SUPERIOR OS.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

you might think it's a "fail," but, actually,

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
getting in on the ground floor of a kirk meltdown

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Oh boy, maybe you are just someone who doesn't like BlackBerry in general. You are entitled to your opinion. If you don't like the way it looks, that's fine. I happen to think it's a beautiful phone. I'm also willing to bet a lot of money that this will help BlackBerry, especially in regulated industries. So, how much are you willing to wager?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

infernal machines posted:

blackberry now 50% keyboard!

reminder: at no point has anyone demonstrated how you're supposed to dial a phone number on this telephone

i want to see a video of somebody typing on this piece of poo poo. even just letters. hell the numbers are probably easier to type simply because you can loving reach them

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

our fans were split 50/50 on physical and virtual keyboards. so we did what was natural!

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

back when wp just came out I called the squares 'tiles' and it made someone on the forums really angry
but I can't remember who

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

back when wp just came out I called the squares 'tiles' and it made someone on the forums really angry
but I can't remember who

they're not live tiles, they're "frames" you plebe

it's totally not a complete rip-off of something microsoft did in 2010, you probably can't even resize them

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

but iphone is all virtaul keys so

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Yes which is better than half physical half real

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

spoken like a true keyboard binary

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol yes, the single phone that has sold 1/3 - 1/2 as many units as blackberry's entire subscriber base world wide in the 10 months since it went on sale certainly is a colossal failure

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

infernal machines posted:

lol yes, the single phone that has sold 1/3 - 1/2 as many units as blackberry's entire subscriber base world wide in the 10 months since it went on sale certainly is a colossal failure

whoa nelly we got a joke-getter over here boys

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Kirk posted:

whoa nelly we got a joke-getter over here boys

i was overwhelmed by the sheer dissonance of the statement

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
the hits keep coming

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

Kirk posted:

the shits keep coming

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

comedy autopsy zone

pram
Jun 10, 2001
why didnt they go with this design it looks much better

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
its a great looking phone im excite

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
u guys wanna hear a good joke?

the canadian tech industry

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Space-Pope posted:

u guys wanna hear a good joke?

the canadian tech industry

you owe me a new keyboard, eh

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

pram posted:

it's not complete piss like the final design but it reeks of 2008, it would have been a lateral move if anything

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

pram posted:

aluminium beveled roundrect? that's cruzin' for a bruzin' chum!

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
maybe they could release a phone for people who don't use the latin alphabet, where they've removed the keyboard and made the screen bigger, so the whole keyboard could be virtual and you could have any writing system on there. they could call it the BLACKBERRY SENSIBLE PHONE THAT'S NOT COMPLETELY STUPID

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
honked again!!

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Dr. Honked posted:

COMPLETELY STUPID

dont sign your posts :lol:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pram posted:

that is just as awful

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Dr. Honked posted:

maybe they could release a phone for people who don't use the latin alphabet, where they've removed the keyboard and made the screen bigger, so the whole keyboard could be virtual and you could have any writing system on there. they could call it the BLACKBERRY SENSIBLE PHONE THAT'S NOT COMPLETELY STUPID

why would anyone buy that instead of an iphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
why would anyone buy this, instead of an iphone

• Locked thread