Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
To be fair I do feel like there's some definite "pfffft, effortpost, that's for dweebs, we don't need that" sentiment here. I really only posted the wall of text because I've felt this way strongly for a while.

Ularg posted:

I mean, I'd love to see a thread dedicated into Behind the Scenes stuff and documentaries, but wouldn't want to see that anime-titty thread disappear.

Of course not! I love SA for a reason and that's NOT that dead serious, but a mix of quality information and quality humor. If I recall correctly, the original rule was subjective: A post must add something to the discussion or be funny. And it wasn't like "add a tiny bit to the discussion" was okay, nor "he was trying to make a joke but it wasn't funny". I do realize that was quite some time ago, however.

At this time, all users were directly warned. Every time I hit post, I had to be *dead* sure I was really adding something or that someone would find it funny. And to shoot for the first one. I felt like that was what led to SA's best years. Still do.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Maxwell Adams posted:

Because right now I'm getting my headlines from neogaf and r/gaming and I know this forum could do it better.

It can when it tries, but I would be surprised if you could find enough folks wanting to write up decent newsposts to make it fill up a subforum.

nilumtil posted:

It's not as though you both don't make good points. However I really do think there's merit to trying to nudge the community towards effortposting and away from IRC room content. I wouldn't suggest any type of real inquisition or objective rule.

Maybe we can't do it the way we used to. I mean, where Kewpeh says that he thought maybe it was the heavy moderation when it was the quality of poster... I would add that there's a distinction between heavy moderation and keeping people out.

We did keep people out for years, during the "good times" I'm talking about. People that were not seen as smart enough, funny enough or adding anything to the discussion. were literally run off, both through the community ostracizing people and admins. Today, bans and probation just mean re-registering.

I don't know if this can be done in 2014. I'd still prefer it. The forums were better.

That's... not really the sort of forum I'd want to post on, or would post on, really. I browse the forum in my off-time, I don't really want to write like I was trying to get published all the time. The conversational tone I find is quite pleasant, and I don't think the quality is lacking, not compared to what I've seen elsewhere.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 9, 2014

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

nilumtil posted:

To be fair I do feel like there's some definite "pfffft, effortpost, that's for dweebs, we don't need that" sentiment here.

That's a change that has taken over the entirety of SA these days though. It's partly what I meant earlier with the forums feeling more like 4chan than the old SA I used to enjoy, where "trolling" (ugh) someone who puts effort into anything with "lol look at this nerd" and then people emptyquoting that has become perfectly acceptable. I've seen it in this subforum and others, and GBS is nothing but that poo poo these days (it actually used to be a neat subforum for half-serious news threads, funny photoshop contests, etc.) I guess good things can't last forever.

It's nice to see that this forum at least still allows some discussion around the changes :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nilumtil posted:

It's not as though you both don't make good points. However I really do think there's merit to trying to nudge the community towards effortposting and away from IRC room content. I wouldn't suggest any type of real inquisition or objective rule.

Maybe we can't do it the way we used to. I mean, where Kewpeh says that he thought maybe it was the heavy moderation when it was the quality of poster... I would add that there's a distinction between heavy moderation and keeping people out.

We did keep people out for years, during the "good times" I'm talking about. People that were not seen as smart enough, funny enough or adding anything to the discussion. were literally run off, both through the community ostracizing people and admins. Today, bans and probation just mean re-registering.
Look, I'm going to be honest here. The golden age you're talking about was boring as poo poo to me. I'm not saying every post should be an empty quote and the word 'gas', but just constantly worrying about whether or not your post will be deemed worthy by the Mod Gods leads to stale whitebread style posting where everyone's just echoing the same opinions in the same tone.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

nilumtil posted:

I don't know if this can be done in 2014. I'd still prefer it. The forums were better.

Alright so here's my thought on this. I think the community itself does a better job of coercing a conversation in a specific direction or rewarding posters for good posting or punishing posters for not so good posting. Now this isn't to say that as a mod it's my responsibility to nudge someone that's posting pure garbage just for the sake of posting pure garbage but I mean more along the lines of two different posters posting about a game and one makes a way better post than the other less content-rich post that the other dude made. My example I guess would be a poster like Sunning that posts in the Wii U thread. That dude makes incredible posts about the inner workings of Nintendo. He's rewarded by people quoting him, wanting to know more, wanting to engage in a conversation with him because you can see that he puts a lot of effort and knowledge into what he's posting about. A dude that posts "welp just killed 50 dudes with ak47 in counterstrike" more than likely gets completely disregarded. Nobody notices that dude, nobody gives a poo poo about what they have to say. It's always been that good content and posts were rewarded by the community and I dont think that's really changed.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Your Computer posted:

That's a change that has taken over the entirety of SA these days though. It's partly what I meant earlier with the forums feeling more like 4chan than the old SA I used to enjoy. I guess good things can't last forever.

It's nice to see that this forum at least still allows some discussion around the changes :v:
I definitely thought of the idea of comparing modern SA to 4chan. As per my last post; "Posts must add something to the discussion or be funny, but mostly the first part"... very different to "anything that's not against the rules is cool, we trust you guys to be funny and insightful".

Endorph posted:

Look, I'm going to be honest here. The golden age you're talking about was boring as poo poo to me.

I mean, that's cool. During the first 10 years, I learned a poo poo ton about games, especially which to spend my time on. Not to mention elsewhere on the site I learned more in TCC and TFR than most people know about those subjects. People even actually gave people good deals in SA-mart, really good deals. I just have to reply to directly disagree there. If anything, I find the state of the forums today the most boring it's ever been. I'm not planning on leaving, however.

I'm surprised we didn't run you off, but glad we didn't. To me, that just illustrates that SA used to be more of a niche thing. Some of us who liked that niche, miss it. I see no reason for this to be a heated argument. I merely want to contribute my opinion.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Posts without punctuation are funny and I am glad I can make them in these Freedom Forums <3

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

NTT posted:

Posts without punctuation are funny and I am glad I can make them in these Freedom Forums <3

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Also 90% of the time with a specific game there isn't really anything news worthy to post. I guess maybe when the game first comes out, its kind of a rush to post new information or whatever. But at some point in a threads life cycle dudes just want to bullshit around about a game they're enjoying or a game that's loving garbage and if all of that was held to a kind of standard that enforced only posting of actual informational content Games just wouldn't really be that fun of a forum to post in.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Kewpuh posted:

Also 90% of the time with a specific game there isn't really anything news worthy to post. I guess maybe when the game first comes out, its kind of a rush to post new information or whatever. But at some point in a threads life cycle dudes just want to bullshit around about a game they're enjoying or a game that's loving garbage and if all of that was held to a kind of standard that enforced only posting of actual informational content Games just wouldn't really be that fun of a forum to post in.

Who was the mod who said that rules on megathreads were going to be relaxed, such as if someone wanted to open a thread for any reason even if there was a megathread already encompassing news on it you mods would not be going to close it but instead you would apply a wait and see approach?

I think that was something that was said inside the "Let's bring the GBS 2.0 rules in games" thread, and I think, if applied, it would more or less cover the "hey, let's make an RSS subforum" without really creating an RSS subforum.

I also can't believe how much people get shy when it's time to hit that [POST] button when it's time to make a constructive or useful post, but this is not a thing happening only in this community.
I also can't believe the xbox ram too, but that's another story.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

limaCAT posted:

Who was the mod who said that rules on megathreads were going to be relaxed, such as if someone wanted to open a thread for any reason even if there was a megathread already encompassing news on it you mods would not be going to close it but instead you would apply a wait and see approach?

I think that was something that was said inside the "Let's bring the GBS 2.0 rules in games" thread, and I think, if applied, it would more or less cover the "hey, let's make an RSS subforum" without really creating an RSS subforum.

I also can't believe how much people get shy when it's time to hit that [POST] button when it's time to make a constructive or useful post, but this is not a thing happening only in this community.
I also can't believe the xbox ram too, but that's another story.

Ya it came up last time and we basically just said "just post the dang thread!" We very rarely if ever gas anything here because it's easier just to let poo poo wither and die if it's a garbage topic. It's probably also kind of easy for something to not get noticed on the flip side because god there's a lot of posts that happen here and megathreads take up the entire first few pages but yea if you want to post a thread post a thread. I'm still not entirely set on the idea of a subforum where game news or whatever would be posted because I still have the feeling that that very same poo poo would be posted in their respective megathreads and nobody would even notice but it's not like it would really cause any problems to give something like that a shot.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

You're a good egg Kewpuh.

Lol, cause he's egg-shaped.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kewpuh posted:

A dude that posts "welp just killed 50 dudes with ak47 in counterstrike" more than likely gets completely disregarded.

Wait, is that just in one round? That's actually pretty flipping impressive.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I don't mind how it is now except for the super low effort stuff like the fake Steam thread that makes me feel like I'm reading reddit comments. I've been probated a couple times for super dumb mistakes so I don't miss the harshness of the old rules but I do miss the strict quarantining of hilarious shitposting to YCS, FYAD and BOB.

The punctuation rules were cool because it makes it feel like a cool internet hangout for the grown ups with disposable income that we all are. :frogc00l:

Thanks for reading,
FadedReality

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

FadedReality posted:

I don't mind how it is now except for the super low effort stuff like the fake Steam thread that makes me feel like I'm reading reddit comments. I've been probated a couple times for super dumb mistakes so I don't miss the harshness of the old rules but I do miss the strict quarantining of hilarious shitposting to YCS, FYAD and BOB.

The punctuation rules were cool because it makes it feel like a cool internet hangout for the grown ups with disposable income that we all are. :frogc00l:

Thanks for reading,
FadedReality

The steam thread that was temporary while the new one was being made?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

FadedReality posted:

I've been probated a couple times for super dumb mistakes so I don't miss the harshness of the old rules but I do miss the strict quarantining of hilarious shitposting to YCS, FYAD and BOB.

Without breaking the forums, please rename BYOB into BOB.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Kewpuh posted:

The steam thread that was temporary while the new one was being made?

Yeah I know it was temporary and it was kinda funny but it got old really fast. Maybe I'm a humorless jerk trying to spoil peoples' fun but I like to read about games on Steam in the Steam thread.

e:

limaCAT posted:

Without breaking the forums, please rename BYOB into BOB.

That's just how little I care about BYOB :c00lbert:

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 9, 2014

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
I don't see the point of a gaming news subforum. Just post a thread if you think something is worth discussing. The thread about the recent Twitch changes went pretty well.

I like the new tone of Games since the change in mods. Naming and shaming people that make bullshit reports is a great policy. Closing the Xbone thread because of too many reports was insane, and there never would have been so many whiny reports if they were not rewarded with mod sanctions on the targets.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Kewpuh posted:

Ya it came up last time and we basically just said "just post the dang thread!" We very rarely if ever gas anything here because it's easier just to let poo poo wither and die if it's a garbage topic. It's probably also kind of easy for something to not get noticed on the flip side because god there's a lot of posts that happen here and megathreads take up the entire first few pages but yea if you want to post a thread post a thread. I'm still not entirely set on the idea of a subforum where game news or whatever would be posted because I still have the feeling that that very same poo poo would be posted in their respective megathreads and nobody would even notice but it's not like it would really cause any problems to give something like that a shot.

The biggest problem with posting a gaming news thread is the rate at which news is released either ends up being a trickle at best or during a convention where news comes in a deluge, like Twitch changes were the biggest and honestly probably only noteworthy thing that'll happen until Gamescon(and apparently had a thread that I never saw, it got drowned by the megathreads). Once Gamescon starts then all that news will just end up in a thread about it, which is fine, but in between the big pr events it feels like there isn't a place to post news that is substantial enough to talk about, but not worth dealing with a shot of putting effort into a thread being derailed by a group posting Big Bang Theory videos or lol effort post replies.

I really like the relaxed posting changes, it's nice for some funny, irrelevant, silly, or even poo poo posts to break up a group of regulars, but I feel like if you make a thread with something worth discussing but happen to attract the eye of one or two posters then you might as well close the thread before the dog pile of poo poo runs it off course. I guess I'll take your advice next time and give it a shot of just posting the thread if there was a Twitch one and it went fine, because hell I kinda feel like a sub-forum for news discussion would just be too much like old games and become insufferable

Blister fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 9, 2014

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Why not have a mega thread for news feed and discussion then? Huge topics gain their own thread. So both the interesting and mundane can be posted and the thread can just talk about whatever.

Hey, Kewpuh, if you're still going "Just post the dang thread" I was going to do just that. I don't have PMs to bug you with, but I figured this would be the best place to ask.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Ularg posted:

Why not have a mega thread for news feed and discussion then? Huge topics gain their own thread. So both the interesting and mundane can be posted and the thread can just talk about whatever.

Hey, Kewpuh, if you're still going "Just post the dang thread" I was going to do just that. I don't have PMs to bug you with, but I figured this would be the best place to ask.

I'd totally be down for a news thread and would love one, but I thought someone tried making one and it ended up getting derailed endlessly by circular social justice/feminism/ mra arguments which seems to be the new hot click bait stories after the 10 hottest cosplay photos. I could very well be wrong and be misremebering it and there really isn't any harm in trying

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

I feel like a news megathread will just end up as another Gamesjournalism.txt.
fake edit: ^what he said.
Fake edit2: I guess koopa or the thread op or whoever could just declare that that poo poo is quarantied to the existing gamers.txt thread.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Here is the thread about the Twitch changes, if you missed it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Blister posted:

I'd totally be down for a news thread and would love one, but I thought someone tried making one and it ended up getting derailed endlessly by circular social justice/feminism/ mra arguments which seems to be the new hot click bait stories after the 10 hottest cosplay photos. I could very well be wrong and be misremebering it and there really isn't any harm in trying

Yeah, we'd probably have to try and *gasp* contain ourselves to keep it from being a social justice circlejerk. I think the hardest thing about a news thread would definitely be that, you'll get a group of regulars that just post that kind of content and it'll become real insular real fast.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Ularg posted:

Yeah, we'd probably have to try and *gasp* contain ourselves to keep it from being a social justice circlejerk. I think the hardest thing about a news thread would definitely be that, you'll get a group of regulars that just post that kind of content and it'll become real insular real fast.

It's kinda funny, honestly, the one thing that keeps Gamers.txt from becoming an insular "SA members are better" jerk(and provide some of the best content for it) is letting those slap fights start and run their course every so often, it just takes like 20 pages to accomplish.

grrarg posted:

Here is the thread about the Twitch changes, if you missed it.

Thanks for this, the thread really did work out fine, I guess I'm paranoid so I'll just post the thread next time.

Blister fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Aug 10, 2014

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
id advocate for bringing back bans for not using the shift key since half the posts in the godawful Dota thread are people shitposting like this. also just posting 'lol' and a quote. that said i dont think the Dota thread can be saved but man I wish shitposting was more harshly moderated.

Imp zone is good though

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

BinaryDoubts posted:

id advocate for bringing back bans for not using the shift key since half the posts in the godawful Dota thread are people shitposting like this. also just posting 'lol' and a quote. that said i dont think the Dota thread can be saved but man I wish shitposting was more harshly moderated.

Imp zone is good though

Dota is terrible as is all MOBAs. Are you literally arguing for more intelligent conversations about a god drat lovely game?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Dota is terrible as is all MOBAs. Are you literally arguing for more intelligent conversations about a god drat lovely game?
I've yet to see a MOBA community that's considered good, so IMO games shouldn't make a bunch of special rules for DOTA. I mean why spend eternity pushing a stone up a hill only to have it roll back down?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If people use common sense and post appropriately in threads everything will be fine.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Taint Reaper posted:

I mean why spend eternity pushing a stone up a hill only to have it roll back down?

It might crush a few MOBA players so it's well worth the risk imo

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I've yet to see a MOBA community that's considered good, so IMO games shouldn't make a bunch of special rules for DOTA. I mean why spend eternity pushing a stone up a hill only to have it roll back down?

In case I was unclear, I'm not advocating for special rules for one thread only, I'm just saying stricter moderation in general would really help out the dota thread in specific.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

BinaryDoubts posted:

In case I was unclear, I'm not advocating for special rules for one thread only, I'm just saying stricter moderation in general would really help out the dota thread in specific.

Do you actually care about a thread for retarded autists?

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Kewpuh posted:

Alright so here's my thought on this. I think the community itself does a better job of coercing a conversation in a specific direction or rewarding posters for good posting or punishing posters for not so good posting. Now this isn't to say that as a mod it's my responsibility to nudge someone that's posting pure garbage just for the sake of posting pure garbage but I mean more along the lines of two different posters posting about a game and one makes a way better post than the other less content-rich post that the other dude made. My example I guess would be a poster like Sunning that posts in the Wii U thread. That dude makes incredible posts about the inner workings of Nintendo. He's rewarded by people quoting him, wanting to know more, wanting to engage in a conversation with him because you can see that he puts a lot of effort and knowledge into what he's posting about. A dude that posts "welp just killed 50 dudes with ak47 in counterstrike" more than likely gets completely disregarded. Nobody notices that dude, nobody gives a poo poo about what they have to say. It's always been that good content and posts were rewarded by the community and I dont think that's really changed.

I can't say I really agree with that. A counterexample would be the writing in games thread that one guy made. It started in the Steam thread with a pretty normal civil conversation. Then the guy did the right thing and decided to stop derailing that thread and take it to its own separate thread. It seemed like a reasonable amount of effort went into the OP, but then it was pretty much inundated with shitposters and wound up getting moved to the imp zone (or byob I don't really remember). I can't really say after seeing that that it surprises me people don't want to make new threads. Why take the risk of ending up at the bottom of a mod-sanctioned dogpile and then tossed to the fyad-lites when you can stay safe in your megathreads?

Overall I haven't really seen a huge change to Games. But there's a definite trend of effort being met with "lol effort" in the wider forums that's creeping in here. If I wanted to see people endlessly emptyquote and post stupid memes then I can go to literally any other forum on the internet for that.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Blister posted:

but in between the big pr events it feels like there isn't a place to post news that is substantial enough to talk about, but not worth dealing with a shot of putting effort into a thread being derailed by a group posting Big Bang Theory videos or lol effort post replies.

I really like the relaxed posting changes, it's nice for some funny, irrelevant, silly, or even poo poo posts to break up a group of regulars, but I feel like if you make a thread with something worth discussing but happen to attract the eye of one or two posters then you might as well close the thread before the dog pile of poo poo runs it off course. I guess I'll take your advice next time and give it a shot of just posting the thread if there was a Twitch one and it went fine, because hell I kinda feel like a sub-forum for news discussion would just be too much like old games and become insufferable

I'm not entirely convinced that this actually happens. The things you listed happen almost exclusively in the Xbox Sharktank and Gamers.txt. If I have any gripes at all it's this kind of offbase stuff honestly. Like I see complaints all the time about FYAD posters or excessive trolling but the thing about the FYAD guys is that they pretty much never just randomly pick a thread to poo poo in because that's kind of stupid. There is always a reason for what they're doing. Four of five of them post in the Xbone sharktank because they think the thread is full of turbodorks that should be made fun of for rooting for the demise of a console. If you see them pop up in some other thread, the reason is usually because the thread itself is inherently bad like the old minority perspectives thread or if a poster in a thread made some egregiously terrible post that they should be ruthlessly made fun of for. Look at all the other threads in Games that don't fit the criteria of what they think is good and cool to make fun of. Nintendo 3DS thread for example. Every post in that hugeass thread is good and normal discussion of the 3DS. There's literally no point in jumping in the thread and making GBS threads on everyone posting in it so you never see that happen.

Maybe threadshitting or flaming is being confused for the random slapfight that pops up in a multiplayer themed game like Planetside 2 or DOTA 2, or with a thread of a game that pissed a lot of people off like Mass Effect 3. I just know that I can take a look at the threads we have in Games and see that 99% of them function just like they always have.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Seriously I can just randomly pick a thread to look at and I never see this so-called threadshitting bogeyman that has infiltrated Games and spams memes and "lol effort"

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3649492 - Puzzle & Dragons 6.5: Hello Kitty and Satan, together at last.

Just skimming through the past 10 pages of that 80 page thread and everything is fine. This is a traditional Games thread that is completely unaffected by any reduction in overbearing moderation.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Obviously some people are really upset that they can't talk about the Bone being bad or titty ninjas without someone else calling them a fag.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sakurazuka posted:

Obviously some people are really upset that they can't talk about the Bone being bad or titty ninjas without someone else calling them a fag.

This is so true, but the thing is (in the bone thread at least) everyone seems in on the joke so it's all cool at the end of the day.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Joshlemagne posted:

I can't say I really agree with that. A counterexample would be the writing in games thread that one guy made. It started in the Steam thread with a pretty normal civil conversation. Then the guy did the right thing and decided to stop derailing that thread and take it to its own separate thread. It seemed like a reasonable amount of effort went into the OP, but then it was pretty much inundated with shitposters and wound up getting moved to the imp zone (or byob I don't really remember). I can't really say after seeing that that it surprises me people don't want to make new threads. Why take the risk of ending up at the bottom of a mod-sanctioned dogpile and then tossed to the fyad-lites when you can stay safe in your megathreads?

Overall I haven't really seen a huge change to Games. But there's a definite trend of effort being met with "lol effort" in the wider forums that's creeping in here. If I wanted to see people endlessly emptyquote and post stupid memes then I can go to literally any other forum on the internet for that.

This is the thread you're talking about : http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3648335&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Here's my opinion on it. I think he has a lot of goofy opinions in that bigass OP. I think a lot of people made some funny posts in the thread with regards to that. I also know from past experience that if he would have got some thicker skin and went with the flow and took a step back and realized that he was typing up a novel on the writing of a video game like Gone Home and laughed about it like the rest of the posters in the thread instead of closing it and trying to hide from it, it probably would have morphed into something pretty good. It wasn't until he closed the thread that I moved it to the Imp Zone.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:
I feel it would be useful to the forums at large if the Xbox One post icon was removed. Not only does it sow confusion, but it gives the false impression that the Xbox One is worth talking about.

However, I advocate no changes to the post icon of the Xbox one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kewpuh posted:

This is the thread you're talking about : http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3648335&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Here's my opinion on it. I think he has a lot of goofy opinions in that bigass OP. I think a lot of people made some funny posts in the thread with regards to that. I also know from past experience that if he would have got some thicker skin and went with the flow and took a step back and realized that he was typing up a novel on the writing of a video game like Gone Home and laughed about it like the rest of the posters in the thread instead of closing it and trying to hide from it, it probably would have morphed into something pretty good. It wasn't until he closed the thread that I moved it to the Imp Zone.

The funny thing is the imp zone actually had some good stuff to say about the original intention of the thread so that was a good move

• Locked thread