Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I don't mind how it is now except for the super low effort stuff like the fake Steam thread that makes me feel like I'm reading reddit comments. I've been probated a couple times for super dumb mistakes so I don't miss the harshness of the old rules but I do miss the strict quarantining of hilarious shitposting to YCS, FYAD and BOB.

The punctuation rules were cool because it makes it feel like a cool internet hangout for the grown ups with disposable income that we all are. :frogc00l:

Thanks for reading,
FadedReality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Kewpuh posted:

The steam thread that was temporary while the new one was being made?

Yeah I know it was temporary and it was kinda funny but it got old really fast. Maybe I'm a humorless jerk trying to spoil peoples' fun but I like to read about games on Steam in the Steam thread.

e:

limaCAT posted:

Without breaking the forums, please rename BYOB into BOB.

That's just how little I care about BYOB :c00lbert:

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 9, 2014

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
The example I'd point to was the ill fated gamesjournalism.txt thread. It went on for a while as most .txt threads do, poking fun at examples of awful or self important game journalism blowhards and people discussing what makes for good writing about games and what doesn't. Then one showed up to defend the e-honor of his colleagues which led quickly from slapfight to crazy poo poo and all the way down to enormous walls of text about how good/bad Anita Sarkeesian was. Which rightfully got the thread locked. Which IIRC was the only moderation in the only thread that was devoted solely to discussing and dressing down the amateur rear end games journalism field.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I dunno, there are still 15 pages mostly filled with single game threads. Most of which have huge OPs explaining why you might want to check out the game. Yeah, the super popular (casual :smugdog:) games tend to dominate the first two or three pages but I've found out about some of my favorite games from threads here.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

super meta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

Xbox One changed Gaming the same way Polygon changed Games Journalism.

:vince:

• Locked thread