Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

NTT posted:

Posts without punctuation are funny and I am glad I can make them in these Freedom Forums <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Kewpuh posted:

Also 90% of the time with a specific game there isn't really anything news worthy to post. I guess maybe when the game first comes out, its kind of a rush to post new information or whatever. But at some point in a threads life cycle dudes just want to bullshit around about a game they're enjoying or a game that's loving garbage and if all of that was held to a kind of standard that enforced only posting of actual informational content Games just wouldn't really be that fun of a forum to post in.

Who was the mod who said that rules on megathreads were going to be relaxed, such as if someone wanted to open a thread for any reason even if there was a megathread already encompassing news on it you mods would not be going to close it but instead you would apply a wait and see approach?

I think that was something that was said inside the "Let's bring the GBS 2.0 rules in games" thread, and I think, if applied, it would more or less cover the "hey, let's make an RSS subforum" without really creating an RSS subforum.

I also can't believe how much people get shy when it's time to hit that [POST] button when it's time to make a constructive or useful post, but this is not a thing happening only in this community.
I also can't believe the xbox ram too, but that's another story.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

FadedReality posted:

I've been probated a couple times for super dumb mistakes so I don't miss the harshness of the old rules but I do miss the strict quarantining of hilarious shitposting to YCS, FYAD and BOB.

Without breaking the forums, please rename BYOB into BOB.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Synthetic Hermit posted:

I absolutely prefer this focused, steady-stream style over our "cram it all into one big box" approach.

I'd recommend transitioning to that style by moving all the existing megathreads to a temporary subforum where we can be weaned off of them, while new ones become illegal in the main forum (just telling people to "post whatever you want" without taking out the megathreads only results in drowned threads).

Kewpuh stated you can open your threads already.
Why don't you open your master chief collection thread or your "how to solve the xbox gpu overheating issues" thrad and simply show us that it's a better way?

Synthetic Hermit posted:

More threads per page and/or smaller title heights would aid in sifting through the surge of specific topics.

I'm too lazy to write my graesemonkey script, but I'll gladly accept a greasemonkey script giving me that CSS style thing! Will you write me one? Thanks m8 O7!

elf help book posted:

That Wii U GPU thread is 238 pages.

Half of which are variations on

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male