Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I personally feel the "relaxed atmosphere" people talk about feels more like 4chan than anything remotely fun, but that said Games haven't really suffered much from the relaxed rules. It sucks when a good thread gets spammed by people emptyquoting enormous images or text, but at least it's not like nuGBS where 2/3 of the posts are "lol" or "human being" v:shobon:v

People in this forum just behave better, I guess. It's a better alternative than getting hundreds of reports every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

nilumtil posted:

To be fair I do feel like there's some definite "pfffft, effortpost, that's for dweebs, we don't need that" sentiment here.

That's a change that has taken over the entirety of SA these days though. It's partly what I meant earlier with the forums feeling more like 4chan than the old SA I used to enjoy, where "trolling" (ugh) someone who puts effort into anything with "lol look at this nerd" and then people emptyquoting that has become perfectly acceptable. I've seen it in this subforum and others, and GBS is nothing but that poo poo these days (it actually used to be a neat subforum for half-serious news threads, funny photoshop contests, etc.) I guess good things can't last forever.

It's nice to see that this forum at least still allows some discussion around the changes :v:

• Locked thread