Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I had an idea. What if we had a subforum dedicated to headlines? I like to know what's happening, but I don't want to dig into the recent pages of all these megathreads to see what people are reacting to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Kewpuh posted:

You mean like a Kotaku/IGN/Gamespot subforum basically yea?

No. What? IGN and Gamespot don't even have news forums, they just have lovely comment sections. I don't think Kotaku even has a forum.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

OwlFancier posted:

I think the idea is you want game headline discussion without the actual game headline site comments?

Any gaming news website is going to be terrible from start to finish. The articles being posted aren't actual news, they're just clickbait. Then the comments section is just morons posting memes and trolling each other.

A headline subforum would naturally focus on whatever people found interesting. For example, I imagine we'd have a thread like, "Oh poo poo, Crytek is on fire", and while new headlines about that rolled in, people would be talking about the gradual decline of Crytek over the years and how terrible GFace is.

Actually, with Gamescom next week, it might be good timing to get something like this started.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Grump posted:

because they need a forum to themselves, you see :eng101:

Because right now I'm getting my headlines from neogaf and r/gaming and I know this forum could do it better.

• Locked thread