Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Croccers posted:

In response to posting Gaming News Threads, enforce a Put a half decent opinion/views on the news your posting or get Probated rule? :shrug:
If it's boring uninteresting news with nothing to discuss it's going to get ignored and drop from the pages quick enough. There's not really mass amounts of Gaming news so it will hardly clog the forums like it was in GBS 1.0.
That was the exact rule that GBS had and a very predictable thing happened:

Grump posted:

1) Find any stupid article about games
2) Post the link and a random quote from article
3) Add one sentence that encourages no discussion.

If there's actually news that people actually want to discuss I imagine they should post the thread regardless of whether or not they have a "decent" opinion, regardless of whether or not there are strict rules for posting news. They will post because they want to discuss that thing - having formal rules for posting news just excited GBS posters into thinking they were intrepid forum journalists where all they did was source news, slap on the required opinion line to get past the rules, then mostly abandon the thread because all they were interested in was sourcing a thread, not actually discussing the thing they posted.

If it's boring uninteresting news don't post it, even with an opinion. Only post the news you find interesting because you will naturally have an opinion on it, and that will naturally start a discussion. You don't need rules for that, only common sense!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

iuvian posted:

You shouldn't "like" shooting anyone you sick gently caress *ughh*
this but while shooting white people in a videogame

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

XboxPants posted:

Game fans are shitheads so this is quite the achievement, props to you.
Console fans too :wink:

• Locked thread