Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Kewpuh posted:

It was just kind of the way it was for a long time. Like with me, I got kind of dumped into modding Games when Zorak got moved to just anime forum and LP or whatever. So I went from having like 0 reports ever to deal with when it was just MMO HMO to having a ton. So I'd open up reports forum and see like 75 shits in there and be like "okay so theyre reported for not using shift key I guess a punishment is required here since thats the way its always been okay then" *mashes 1 day probation button* and it was like this for pretty much everything. I can tell you that with me, there was basically zero loving thought that went into any of it, just 100% status quo. There were always punishments before for typing like a baby or arguing with people or doing whatever so I guess I thought my job was to just keep it going the way it was. It was probably like this for all of us for the past few years. Like, I think maybe we thought the heavy moderation was to thank for making Games better than Gamefaqs or whatever the other games forums are but in reality I think maybe Games was better because the quality of posters were better to begin with and it was kind of lovely of us in retrospect to not see that.

Thanks for posting this it clears up a lot.

Games is a good forum (and one of the only ones growing in users!) and a lot of that has to do with the change in attitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread