Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

BinaryDoubts posted:

id advocate for bringing back bans for not using the shift key since half the posts in the godawful Dota thread are people shitposting like this. also just posting 'lol' and a quote. that said i dont think the Dota thread can be saved but man I wish shitposting was more harshly moderated.

Imp zone is good though

Dota is terrible as is all MOBAs. Are you literally arguing for more intelligent conversations about a god drat lovely game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

BinaryDoubts posted:

In case I was unclear, I'm not advocating for special rules for one thread only, I'm just saying stricter moderation in general would really help out the dota thread in specific.

Do you actually care about a thread for retarded autists?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Synthetic Hermit posted:

The problem I have with the megathreads is that they're mega. They're made to be very general threads (entire consoles or franchises) in which the current topic keeps changing. TBH, once one goes over 20 pages, I can't follow it anymore, and have a hard time locating information in it. NeoGAF splits ALL topics into separate threads, whether it's a new headline or not. Multiple threads for one console, multiple threads for one game, multiple retro gaming threads, etc.

For example, they have one thread for all of Halo, along with two threads for The Master Chief Collection - one more for teh noobz, one more for the teh hardcorez (which became the primary thread after the early confusion died down) - and separate threads for Wii U CPU and GPU discussion.

I absolutely prefer this focused, steady-stream style over our "cram it all into one big box" approach.

I'd recommend transitioning to that style by moving all the existing megathreads to a temporary subforum where we can be weaned off of them, while new ones become illegal in the main forum (just telling people to "post whatever you want" without taking out the megathreads only results in drowned threads). More threads per page and/or smaller title heights would aid in sifting through the surge of specific topics.

This is the worst suggestion and we already had a bunch of posters crying big pussy tears over their feelings getting hurt because someone didn't end a sentence with a period

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

mobas and the dorks who play them are awful so who gives a poo poo

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Slumpy posted:

Not sure if this was talked about already but how can mods/admins tell what is a funny "in the know" post and what is bullshit? What I mean to say is that a lot of the games have mini cultures where funny things happen and they're referenced in the threads and could be seen as white noise from someone on the outside when in reality its 100% grade A beef comedy poo poo for the laughs? The way it is now is good, I'd rather not see reference joke posts get banned for being low content when it could actually bring up something good down the line in the thread/be referenced in game. But I also want to know how you guys determine what could be reference and what could be just dumb content which gets ignored?

what the gently caress is this nerd poo poo

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Ularg posted:

Hey Kewpuh, is there a way to contact you outside of PMs? I don't have plat.

Hey Kewpuh, I'm poor as hell and want to chat with you about forum nerd poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Video games are very good.

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/iC3j7EV.jpg:nws: in case you don't like looking at ball sacks which gently caress you if you don't

virtualboyCOLOR fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 14, 2014

• Locked thread