Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corvinus
Aug 21, 2006

jrodefeld posted:

What?! Are you kidding me? So education simply doesn't exist without the State? This is such a laughable statement and is clearly disproven simply by an examination of history. Hell, even recent history. Education was a local institution until the late 20th century. Carter introduced the Department of Education in 1979 and educational standards have declined since. The State has no interest in providing education. Its goal is to indoctrinate children into believing in the necessity and legitimacy of an institution of centralized power.

We already know you're rather ignorant of history, so how about you look up the Prussian education system. The State does have an incontrovertible interest in providing education, and to assert otherwise is to deny reality. Jesus, you're one stupid fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corvinus
Aug 21, 2006

jrodefeld posted:

I consider Argumentation Ethics to be persuasive but I recognize that not everyone agrees. There are plenty of arguments against it from within libertarian circles as well. I don't want to get sidetracked into a discussion of Argumentation Ethics right now. I might come back to that point though.

A different libertarian poster brought up Argumentation Ethics before, and I'm going to again state that only a minority of Libertarians find AE at all persuasive, never mind the general population. Even people who actually do philosophy generally think it's weak poo poo. If you want to use Argumentation Ethics, by all means shoot yourself in the leg.

• Locked thread