Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I would like to propose that instead of jrod's idea that we implement what I affectionately call the "Road Warrior Economy". Basically we dissolve the State and all social contracts. Anyone and anything you can take belongs to you, by right of conquest. You deal with aggression against your property with murder. Non-violent negotiations and standing agreements will be considered taboo (don't ask how we'll achieve this, it is unimportant).

I can think of several benefits of this system over our current system:

1. No taxes!

2. Everything is free (sort of)!

3. 100% employment rate!

4. It'll be fun!

5. Few elderly or children to worry about!

6. Everyone will get more exercise and eat more fresh foods!

7. Hockey masks and piecemeal armor can look good on anyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
SedanChair can I get some feedback on my Road Warrior Economy idea?

I really think it is what we need to make America great again.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Axetrain posted:

How about "Brick to ya face Economy"? Everyone will through voluntary rationalism enter a continent sized thunder dome with one brick and then proceed to murder everyone else with said brick (don't ask how we'll achieve this, it is unimportant). Whoever the last human alive is will gain property rights over the planet earth solving all property disputes forever!

See this is the kind of rewarding dialogue that I was hoping for!

I question the need for a dome and limiting methods to a single brick. Surely once everyone starts resorting to violence things will resolve naturally?

DoctorWhat posted:

Please, can't we just get beyond thunderdomes?

I agree, we don't need domes to let man's naturally brutality against man assert itself.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Your theories are outdated old man! :argh:

Everyone knows dunebuggies, machine guns, and machete's are the true means of achieving a Just World!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Destruction of private property!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I like that jrod complains about people using ad hom then turns around and accuses posters of not being literate.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Reverend Catharsis posted:

It does appear at this point we're pretty much just bantering with ourselves without the slightest care as to jrod's opinion, doesn't it?

...Does this mean we let the thread peter out, or gas it, or..? I'm not sure of the protocol here.

We could always discuss my proposed Road Warrior Economy. I think it has some merit provided you can maintain a 24/7 state of alertness for the rest of your life.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I mean, my ideas are at least as well thought out and considered as libertarianism surely?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Bifauxnen posted:

You guys ever read Market Forces by Richard Morgan? I really liked it!

No I haven't! Please tell us all about it, in this, the Not Talking About J-Rod or His Ideas thread!

Vorpal Cat posted:

Its all funder dome and games right up until you run into some road communists. Those rear end in a top hat cheat and do things like taking turns keeping watch so the rest can sleep.

I propose we fix this through Dispute Inducement Organizations, who will seek to help people homicidally hate each other for a nominal fee. They'll do things like drug the water supply and play bad music really loudly.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Source your quotes so I know who I'm laughing at.

I've thought of another benefit of the Road Warrior Economy: You don't have to worry about getting your kids into a good school. Life is their school now!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
If my DRO decides that the cost of resolving things in my favor is too great when measured against potential loss from dealing with my enemy's DRO, and all the DRO's use the same industry standard calculations to reach the same conclusion, what are my alternatives?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Seems legit.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Sadly they're a closely held corporation.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Accountant-houdini.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm sure his computer exploded again.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

XyloJW posted:

He made a post in the Michael Brown thread.

Threaten to ban him if he doesn't come back again please.

The infection must be contained.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 14, 2014

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I dunno, maybe vocal libertarians are obnoxious people in general. :shrug:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Mods please gas thread and ban OP thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
He's not posting though!

• Locked thread