Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

8raz posted:

What a player Schearer was.

Agreed. Best player in England to never win a PL title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
What's the difference between:

Bury
Barnsley
Burnley
Blackburn?

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
The important thing to remember is you're all cunts and I'm not

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Bury
Barnsley
Burnley
Blackburn?
blackburn won something once

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Bury
Barnsley
Burnley
Blackburn?

One are Rovers, the rest are just dogs

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
It's a trick question. They're all in the north.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ban everyone itt

but not me

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

The Mash posted:

Agreed. Best player in England to never win a PL title?

And best one club man ever?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I posted in here last season, can I claim regular status yet

What's the common law here

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Hello new TRP, posters. Don't watch european football. If you truly want to enjoy this sport, watch the Brasileiro. It has everything.

Do you like Messi and his exceptional dribbling, but struggle to contain your bloodlust?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBXv5FISzjg

What a hit! He sure showed that fucker!

Maybe you enjoy the overt corruption and favoritism that teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, or all of Serie A put on display? Not a problem!

Or perhaps you're in it just for the atmosphere? The feeling of a massive crowd of passionate fans? Well, no fans are more passionate than Brazil's!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MIwNQgspZ8

There's a goddamn helicopter! What more could you want from a sporting event?

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

straight up brolic posted:

blackburn won something once

2002 Wothington cup, big Brad Friedel putting in a great performance.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Notts won the FA cup once. Just like Arsenal!

Benadryl Brownie
Aug 18, 2005

Haway les gars

8raz posted:

I love a bit of Schearer on my bagel.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Omnikin posted:

Have you switched teams for this season?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Omnikin posted:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Bury
Barnsley
Burnley
Blackburn?

Blackburn paid 2 million pounds for a Scottish rapist once. If they'd just waited they could have got him for free like we did.

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
after a long deliberation process I've decided to support the tottingham hotspurs because i enjoy the idea of watching the slow and brutal murder of the game of football in live action

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nerd death screech posted:

after a long deliberation process I've decided to support the tottingham hotspurs because i enjoy the idea of watching the slow and brutal murder of the game of football in live action

Their new manager is fairly ownage you may be disappointed m8

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Haggis Heed posted:

Have you switched teams for this season?

My childhood career as a sportsman taught me to never give up on a bad team since the problem is likely with me anyways

Not in the spirit of the thread imo

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Hello, I am not at all new to watching the Premier League footy, but I will be going to my first live game on September 20! West Ham v. Liverpool.

Any tips from Hammers fans on a good pre-game experience? I've read that the Boleyn Tavern is the main supporter pub, but also insanely crowded.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

You could probably make those letters actual size and there'd still be enough room for millions more immigrants.
"gently caress Off We're poo poo" doesn't have the same ring though.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

Hello, I am not at all new to watching the Premier League footy, but I will be going to my first live game on September 20! West Ham v. Liverpool.

Any tips from Hammers fans on a good pre-game experience? I've read that the Boleyn Tavern is the main supporter pub, but also insanely crowded.

go and get a curry from one of the tiny dirty places on upton road, buy some knock off jeans from invention 2000.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

fat gay nonce posted:

go and get a curry from one of the tiny dirty places on upton road, buy some knock off jeans from invention 2000.

Do the jeans come off really easily in case I need to poo poo myself from the dirty curry?

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

8raz posted:

He was incredibly fun to watch.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

Do the jeans come off really easily in case I need to poo poo myself from the dirty curry?

just to check

you haven't chosen west ham because of Green Street Hooligans have you?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I proudly support my local club Plymouth Argyle. Home Park is only 8453 km from my house :smug:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Drogadon posted:

I proudly support my local club Plymouth Argyle. Home Park is only 8453 km from my house :smug:

Closer than the Chelsea/Arsenal/Real Madrid/Man United/Man City/Liverpool/Barcelona fans in TRP.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

the curries aren't dirty, they are some of the best in london, but the place you buy them from is

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Eau de MacGowan posted:

just to check

you haven't chosen west ham because of Green Street Hooligans have you?

I'm only in London for one weekend and I thought it was the best game in the city. I actually support manyoo but I won't tell anyone that.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

I'm only in London for one weekend and I thought it was the best game in the city. I actually support manyoo but I won't tell anyone that.

How do you feel about apple mac?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
I'm a shameless yanqui plastic who wants to pick a top team while giving the appearance of not picking a top team. Because I used to like to paint bright pink nipples on little toy soldiers, I'm leaning towards Arsenal with their powerful, turgid cannon iconography.

Reasons for:

1) I think it's hilarious that two of the best Pole players in the world play for Germany.
2) The name doesn't evoke depressing THIS IS ENGLAND flashbacks like most of the other choices(anything Manchester, Hull City, Stoke City, Sunderland- is there a more depressing name than this, anywhere?)
3) My cannon is tumescent.
4) Kits are pretty sweet.
5) I'm going to enjoy blaming every bad thing that happens on Ozil.
6) They're not as good as I think they are.

Reasons against:

1) Ozil is a bug-eyed freak who cost the world an 8-0 shutout of shitfuck Brazil.
2) They're not as good as I think they are.

Any gunners(or anyone) want to add to the for/against?

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 14, 2014

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

warcrimes posted:

I'm a shameless yanqui plastic who wants to pick a top team while giving the appearance of not picking a top team. Because I used to like to paint bright pink nipples on little toy soldiers, I'm leaning towards Arsenal with their powerful, turgid cannon iconography.

Reasons for:

1) I think it's hilarious that two of the best Pole players in the world play for Germany.
2) The name doesn't evoke depressing THIS IS ENGLAND flashbacks like most of the other choices(anything Manchester, Hull City, Stoke City, Sunderland- is there a more depressing name than this, anywhere?)

Reasons against:

1) Ozil is a bug-eyed freak who cost the world am 8-0 shutout of shitfuck Brazil.

lol - clockwork

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

warcrimes posted:

Reasons for:

Reasons against:

1) Ozil is a bug-eyed freak who cost the world am 8-0 shutout of shitfuck Brazil.

all americans pick arsenal or liverpool so just get on with it, don't forget to talk about how much you hate the spurs (check wikipedia for more details!)

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

warcrimes posted:

is there a more depressing name than this, anywhere?

Milton Keynes

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

I don't support a team but my dad is a Spurs fan. Does this mean I also have to be a Spurs fan? Please advise

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
I'm an American Arsenal fan. Deal with it.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Volcano posted:

I don't support a team but my dad is a Spurs fan. Does this mean I also have to be a Spurs fan? Please advise

no its passed down maternally

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Modus Trollens posted:

Lol

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

warcrimes posted:

Reasons for:

Reasons against:

1) Ozil is a bug-eyed freak who cost the world an 8-0 shutout of shitfuck Brazil.

gently caress off to Liverpool tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Modus Trollens posted:

Nice!

• Locked thread