Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homullus
Mar 27, 2009

spectralent posted:

Spotted a typo in Vehicles, page 11, column 2, line 14, "a dangerous for" should be "foe".

noooooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
I mean, if there's a better place to report them, I'm happy to, I just figured I'd help out :shrug:

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

spectralent posted:

I mean, if there's a better place to report them, I'm happy to, I just figured I'd help out :shrug:

Thanks! This is as good a place as any.

Homullus, don't blame yourself - I think that line was added after your main editing pass. Anyway, it's easy to update a PDF.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
I have a major problem with the vehicles expansion.

Namely the fact that it makes me want to immediately scrap the campaign I just started and begin another one, with vehicles this time.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Ratpick posted:

I have a major problem with the vehicles expansion.

Namely the fact that it makes me want to immediately scrap the campaign I just started and begin another one, with vehicles this time.

Different kinds of carriages and wagons and mounts work fine for your Darkest Dungeon idea.

Edit: also I thought the same thing when I was reading it. "Hey, any campaign I do needs to have vehicles at least occasionally."

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
Dumb question re: Kits-

It says "Get another Advance at every odd level.," but there are sequentially ascending numbers (1-10, 1-13, etc.) next to each Kit Advance. Am I inferring a connection between the Kit Advances and Character Level that isn't there? Could I take ANY Advance from a given Kit at any level, regardless of the number next to it? If so, that does the number next to a given Kit Advance represent?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Man Dancer posted:

Dumb question re: Kits-

It says "Get another Advance at every odd level.," but there are sequentially ascending numbers (1-10, 1-13, etc.) next to each Kit Advance. Am I inferring a connection between the Kit Advances and Character Level that isn't there? Could I take ANY Advance from a given Kit at any level, regardless of the number next to it? If so, that does the number next to a given Kit Advance represent?

The numbers are just designators to differentiate the different advances. You can pick them in any order after taking the initial one.

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
Thanks! I didn't understand that "base" referred to the first un-numbered ability under the kit name. Now it makes much more sense.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

So, I've been running Dangerous Delves for my friends for a couple of weeks now. It's been great fun. This is the campaign I previously spoke about that is shades of Darkest Dungeon.

The cast of characters at the moment include a Martial Artist/Striker (a grizzled old veteran with a cool puffy shirt, the player happens to be a huge fan of medieval sword-fighting techniques so the Martial Artist was a perfect fit), a Summoner/Controller (an occultist with friends from beyond time and space), a former priest who is totally not a vampire (a Necromancer/Leader), a guy with three demons in his head fighting for control (a Shapechanger who's also a Multi-Role Shifter) and an anarchist insurrectionist who loves throwing molotov cocktails and other types of bombs everywhere (a Bombardier/Blaster).

There's one thing about the rules that I keep tripping up on: basically, effects that deal damage when an enemy moves into a certain square (like some of the Bombardier's bombs and some of the Summoner's powers) and forced movement. When you slide an enemy into a square with a zone like this, do they trigger its effect? I couldn't remember the actual rule and looking it up would've broken the flow of the game, so I voted in favor of yes, but with the caveat that you can only be affected by a certain zone once per turn. Is this right, or is there some more nuance to this?

Also, reading Strange Stars (a cool and good sci-fi setting book for old-school RPGs and Fate) has convinced me of the next setting I want to run Strike! in, this time with a less strictly structured campaign format and also getting to use all the cool stuff I left out of this campaign like kits and vehicles and stuff.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Minor suggestion that it's probably too late do do anything with, but the once per encounter restriction on Rally should probably be inside the description box.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

Found the relevant passage on zones and forced movement. Thankfully I wasn't off by too much, but I still need to keep better track of which enemies have already suffered the negative effects of a zone each turn, especially with a Bombardier in the group.

Also, because this game is cool and good I want to help spread the word and write up a review of it, probably on RPG.net because that's still many people's go-to page for RPG-related stuff, but also probably on my blog.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Rules question about Opportunities:

Are the amounts of damage you do with Basic Attacks and Opportunities linked? My players have recently reached level 5 and we're not sure if the Defender Martial Artist should be doing 4 damage on an Opportunity (Basic Attack damage is 3, Defender's Stickiness Boost gives you an extra 1 damage on Opportunities) or 3 damage on an Opportunity (Opportunities do 2 damage normally, plus one for the Stickiness Boost).

Also related, say I have a Defender Stooge. Stooges do 1 less damage on their attacks and on their effects. How much damage does a level 7 Defender Stooge do? A normal Defender monster would do a base of 2 damage, with +1 from Opportunist for a total of 3. Does the "1 less damage on attacks and effects" for being a Stooge apply in this case?

Gort fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Nov 21, 2015

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

Gort posted:

Rules question about Opportunities:

Are the amounts of damage you do with Basic Attacks and Opportunities linked? My players have recently reached level 5 and we're not sure if the Defender Martial Artist should be doing 4 damage on an Opportunity (Basic Attack damage is 3, Defender's Stickiness Boost gives you an extra 1 damage on Opportunities) or 3 damage on an Opportunity (Opportunities do 2 damage normally, plus one for the Stickiness Boost).

Also related, say I have a Defender Stooge. Stooges do 1 less damage on their attacks and on their effects. How much damage does a level 7 Defender Stooge do? A normal Defender monster would do a base of 2 damage, with +1 from Opportunist for a total of 3. Does the "1 less damage on attacks and effects" for being a Stooge apply in this case?
Opportunity damage does not go up at level 5.

Whether stooges do 1 or 2 base damage on Opportunities isn't explicitly spelled out, no. I'd say they do 1, but it's not a huge deal if you rule the other way.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

Hey there Strike! thread. While my Darkest Dungeon inspired Strike! campaign is going swimmingly, I'm already thinking of what I want to do next with the game. I settled on a campaign heavily inspired by my favorite videogames, taking the setting and weird magical surrealism mixed with Americana from Earthbound and the time management aspects of the Persona games. Basically the player characters are first-grade kids with superpowers who have to fight a rising darkness in their little town in Middle American Suburbia while balancing the demands of school, social life and so on. I've got the basic ideas for the structure of the game down pretty well:
  • Time-keeping will be very important to this game. Every school day (Monday to Friday, barring holidays) is divided into Morning (when you're at school, making a single skill roll to see how well you did in class that day, with a success meaning that you learn the Skill for the subject that was taught in school that day), Afternoon (when you can take part in extracurricular activities, socialize, play with your friends, do chores and so on), Evening (pretty much the same as Afternoon) and Night.
  • At Night the players can choose between either sleeping or going out monster-hunting or investigating in one of the spots in town with suspected paranormal activity. Sleeping allows you to recover from most conditions, if you forgo sleeping in favor of adventuring all conditions gained during the adventure will carry on to the next day as you don't get quite enough sleep.
  • Special events based on the time of the month and holidays! For an example, in the style of Persona 3 full moons might trigger a major supernatural incursion into the town, probably modeled somewhat like town defense from Dangerous Delves. Halloween might increase the amount of hauntings in town or something, and as the kids go trick-or-treating they might have to fight against ghosts and goblins running around town. Christmas, I don't know.
  • The character's Resources stat represents their allowance, and a character can recover from the Short and Broke conditions through doing chores, working (come up with some work that feels appropriate to first-graders. Paper routes, lawn-mowing, baby-sitting, so on). Not sure on the exact number of times you need to do chores to recover your allowance.
I was also thinking that by partaking in extracurricular activities like chess club or peewee football or something the players could learn new skills, and these would potentially open up new feats for the characters. I don't know how good an idea this is, but this is what I came up with for a Leader character who has taken part in chess club and learned the Chess skill:

Chess Master
Requires: Tactics, Chess skill
Benefit: When you use the Tactics power, the target can use their Move action to shift a number of squares in one of the following ways:
  • Knight - You know how a knight in chess moves, right? Shift like that.
  • Rook - Shift any number of squares in a cardinal direction. As normal, you can't shift through obstacles, creatures or difficult terrain.
  • Bishop - Shift any number of squares in an intermediate direction. As normal, you can't shift through obstacles, creatures, or difficult terrain.
This could also be appropriate to a Controller, I guess? Anyway, that's just one idea. Not sure if implementing custom feats is a good idea, and the one I posted above is probably broken as hell. Mainly, just looking to see if any of these ideas seem fun and interesting or if they need some work.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

I like the chess master thing, and it seems like it'd be easy to balance by setting a limit on bishop/rook movement, just one greater than the normal limits of the power.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Ratpick posted:

Hey there Strike! thread. While my Darkest Dungeon inspired Strike! campaign is going swimmingly, I'm already thinking of what I want to do next with the game. I settled on a campaign heavily inspired by my favorite videogames, taking the setting and weird magical surrealism mixed with Americana from Earthbound and the time management aspects of the Persona games. Basically the player characters are first-grade kids with superpowers who have to fight a rising darkness in their little town in Middle American Suburbia while balancing the demands of school, social life and so on. I've got the basic ideas for the structure of the game down pretty well:
  • Time-keeping will be very important to this game. Every school day (Monday to Friday, barring holidays) is divided into Morning (when you're at school, making a single skill roll to see how well you did in class that day, with a success meaning that you learn the Skill for the subject that was taught in school that day), Afternoon (when you can take part in extracurricular activities, socialize, play with your friends, do chores and so on), Evening (pretty much the same as Afternoon) and Night.
  • At Night the players can choose between either sleeping or going out monster-hunting or investigating in one of the spots in town with suspected paranormal activity. Sleeping allows you to recover from most conditions, if you forgo sleeping in favor of adventuring all conditions gained during the adventure will carry on to the next day as you don't get quite enough sleep.
  • Special events based on the time of the month and holidays! For an example, in the style of Persona 3 full moons might trigger a major supernatural incursion into the town, probably modeled somewhat like town defense from Dangerous Delves. Halloween might increase the amount of hauntings in town or something, and as the kids go trick-or-treating they might have to fight against ghosts and goblins running around town. Christmas, I don't know.
  • The character's Resources stat represents their allowance, and a character can recover from the Short and Broke conditions through doing chores, working (come up with some work that feels appropriate to first-graders. Paper routes, lawn-mowing, baby-sitting, so on). Not sure on the exact number of times you need to do chores to recover your allowance.
I was also thinking that by partaking in extracurricular activities like chess club or peewee football or something the players could learn new skills, and these would potentially open up new feats for the characters. I don't know how good an idea this is, but this is what I came up with for a Leader character who has taken part in chess club and learned the Chess skill:

Chess Master
Requires: Tactics, Chess skill
Benefit: When you use the Tactics power, the target can use their Move action to shift a number of squares in one of the following ways:
  • Knight - You know how a knight in chess moves, right? Shift like that.
  • Rook - Shift any number of squares in a cardinal direction. As normal, you can't shift through obstacles, creatures or difficult terrain.
  • Bishop - Shift any number of squares in an intermediate direction. As normal, you can't shift through obstacles, creatures, or difficult terrain.
This could also be appropriate to a Controller, I guess? Anyway, that's just one idea. Not sure if implementing custom feats is a good idea, and the one I posted above is probably broken as hell. Mainly, just looking to see if any of these ideas seem fun and interesting or if they need some work.

Please post all the rules you make for this, this is my dream, TIA.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

I wrote this thing based on some of my thoughts. It's really rough and needs a lot of editing (as well as sample Backgrounds and Origins), but I'm quite happy with how it's shaping up.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Chess power is pretty clever, kudos on you for coming up with it.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
I just picked this up and it seems pretty well put together. I did have a question about grabs, though:

quote:

While Grabbing an enemy, you may try to move, dragging it with
you. Spend a Move Action and make an Opposed Roll. If you have
multiple enemies Grabbed, you only make one Opposed Roll and
they use the Helping rules. If you win by 3 or more, move your
speed freely. If you win by 1 or 2, you may move as though Slowed,
or take 2 damage to move freely. If you tie, you move as though
Slowed and you and the Grabbed creature each take 2 damage. If
you lose by 1 or 2, you may move as though Slowed, or the enemy
may choose to take 2 damage to escape. If you lose by 3 or more,
the enemy escapes.

Does this opposed roll happen every time you would want to move? What about shifts, either from normal movement actions or as a result of other powers (Striker's quick shift, Shapechanger's Blurred Form)? Because of the wording I'm presuming you couldn't do something like spend a move action to get squares of movement, move a bit, grab someone, and then move them along behind you, but I'm not sure how the granted shifts play into this.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Do you roll once for a Blast/Burst attack, or once for each target? I can't find the rule in the PDF.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

One roll for each target. Check p89 on Bursts.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 29, 2015

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Thanks! I feel like an idiot for missing that :shobon:.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

Hey, anyone who wants to give me feedback on the Rogue class, send me an email or a PM. It's ready for beta testing now.

RPZip posted:

I just picked this up and it seems pretty well put together. I did have a question about grabs, though:

Does this opposed roll happen every time you would want to move? What about shifts, either from normal movement actions or as a result of other powers (Striker's quick shift, Shapechanger's Blurred Form)? Because of the wording I'm presuming you couldn't do something like spend a move action to get squares of movement, move a bit, grab someone, and then move them along behind you, but I'm not sure how the granted shifts play into this.

I might be misremembering my own rules, and I'm at work where I can't check, but I'm pretty sure that you can't shift while slowed. And yeah, you need to make that roll any time you try to drag/pull/push your grabbed enemy anywhere it doesn't want to go.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

Jimbozig posted:

Hey, anyone who wants to give me feedback on the Rogue class, send me an email or a PM. It's ready for beta testing now.

I'm interested in this, but I don't know what your email address is, so here's mine: e: got it, thanks

Ratpick fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 1, 2015

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Jimbozig posted:

I might be misremembering my own rules, and I'm at work where I can't check, but I'm pretty sure that you can't shift while slowed. And yeah, you need to make that roll any time you try to drag/pull/push your grabbed enemy anywhere it doesn't want to go.

Are you supposed to be Slowed by default when grabbing someone? I didn't see that in the rules, although I could have just missed it.

And yeah, having to do the opposed roll whenever you try to move an enemy makes sense, although it'd be helpful if you could shift around a grabbed enemy without having to make opposed rolls so long as they stayed put/didn't leave the range of your grab.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

RPZip posted:

Are you supposed to be Slowed by default when grabbing someone? I didn't see that in the rules, although I could have just missed it.

Oh, no. I just meant that if you try to shift and roll a result that says you only move as though slowed, you get screwed and get nothing. So trying to shift while grappling is probably a bad plan.

I'm sure there are edge cases regarding long shifts from certain powers where it might make sense to allow part of the movement instead. The rule is basically there because I didn't want to say a flat "no, you can't try to drag them" and wanted to give the GM a rule for the moat common scenario. Anything more complex would fall under improvisation, and should be treated like any cool use of a power (favorable interpretation the first time to reward trying something new, and less-favorable if it becomes something they overuse or abuse.)

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
I'm trying to understand this part of the play example on page 15 and having trouble:

"Patty rolls a 1. Doug, helping, rolls with Disadvantage for being
Unskilled. He gets a 5 and a 6. Taking the lower, his result is
a 5. It’s higher than Patty’s, so she gets to add one to her result
and gets a 2. That’s a Twist. Moreover, rolling a 5 and a 6 allows
Carlos to learn the Distraction Skill."

1.) Why is Doug making Carlos' helping roll if Doug's the GM?

2.) I was going to ask why Helping as Unskilled required Disadvantage since Disadvantage isn't mentioned under the Helping heading on page 10, but I realize on re-read that it's just that the Disadvantage rules are reiterated without the word "Disadvantage" coming up "(one die if you are Skilled, two dice and take the lower if you are Unskilled)" and my skimming wasn't helping me spot that. Is this functionally different from Disadvantage in any other way that wouldn't make it easier to say "If you are making a Helping roll Unskilled, roll with Disadvantage?"

3.) Since the Helping rules say "This is not a normal roll and there are no Costs, Twists, or Bonuses," I had to look up to make sure that learning a Skill on a 6 (or 5 & 6 with Disadvantage) Unskilled roll didn't count as a Bonus. It might be good to state that you can still learn a Skill on an Unskilled Helping roll, even if the rules don't explicitly say otherwise, and since so most other things about Helping rolls are restricted.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

Man Dancer posted:

I'm trying to understand this part of the play example on page 15 and having trouble:

"Patty rolls a 1. Doug, helping, rolls with Disadvantage for being
Unskilled. He gets a 5 and a 6. Taking the lower, his result is
a 5. It’s higher than Patty’s, so she gets to add one to her result
and gets a 2. That’s a Twist. Moreover, rolling a 5 and a 6 allows
Carlos to learn the Distraction Skill."

1.) Why is Doug making Carlos' helping roll if Doug's the GM?

2.) I was going to ask why Helping as Unskilled required Disadvantage since Disadvantage isn't mentioned under the Helping heading on page 10, but I realize on re-read that it's just that the Disadvantage rules are reiterated without the word "Disadvantage" coming up "(one die if you are Skilled, two dice and take the lower if you are Unskilled)" and my skimming wasn't helping me spot that. Is this functionally different from Disadvantage in any other way that wouldn't make it easier to say "If you are making a Helping roll Unskilled, roll with Disadvantage?"

3.) Since the Helping rules say "This is not a normal roll and there are no Costs, Twists, or Bonuses," I had to look up to make sure that learning a Skill on a 6 (or 5 & 6 with Disadvantage) Unskilled roll didn't count as a Bonus. It might be good to state that you can still learn a Skill on an Unskilled Helping roll, even if the rules don't explicitly say otherwise, and since so most other things about Helping rolls are restricted.

Hah! Oops on the Carlos/Doug thing. And you're right on the other two points. I can go quickly clean those up since I'm still waiting for these proofs to show up anyway. Come on, Canadian customs! Probably they have lots of Christmas stuff to deal with coming over the border right now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Congrats on the new proofs Jim, glad they look good. Unfortunately I won't be able to order my copy until after the holidays, but still plenty excited.

GM'd a game irl the other night for two new players and one pseudo-vet, it went well aside from the vet checking out and doodling, making her turns take significantly longer than everyone else's. Even better, one of the new players was so impressed he wants to run a game with the system soon as his first ever GM experience. He immediately said that he wanted to design classes for each of his players to reflect the setting (everyone is a different type of mage specializing in something like water, life, etc.) since he didn't quite internalize the whole "reskinning" idea and most of the premade scenario characters, at least the fantasy ones, sorta fit their class names with the Necromancer being a necromancer, the Archer being an assassin, and maybe a few others. I told him that probably wasn't a great idea especially since he's obviously incredibly new to not only GMing but honestly TTRPGs as a whole, so hopefully he'll take a step back and try reskinning first.

Related, I'm going to be playing in said game after the new year and would be happy to take the Rogue for a spin. Do you have an updated version you want testers to use?

e: Also as a side note, I went on Roll20 last night to look for/at Strike games, and apparently you can't actually tag a game as Strike despite the character sheet being available. It's just not in the database at all, weird.

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 18, 2015

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Doublepost but whatever.

I was reading over the Rogue beta documents again earlier and I think I've figured out what I don't like about it. In the "Simplified Classes" section of the book Jim mentions that it isn't a great idea to mix the full classes with the simplified ones since it can lead to player fatigue over time ("why does he do as much/more damage than me just by basic attacking?" "why do they get so many cool effects?"), and I think the Rogue is currently too close to those simplified classes. It barely has any effects at all, relying on MBAs/RBAs for basically all of its damage. You could say the same about Martial Artist, but MA effectively gets effects through its stances; The Rogue's analogues are its unique Move actions, but those barely provide any utility at all and are mostly mandatory to getting any use out of its class features.

The Duelist similarly has many powers which mostly just position you or increase your damage (Exploit Weakness, Get Over Here, Ain't No One Else Around), but it has plenty which do other things (Demand Attention, No Escape, Guessing Game, Perfect Defense), and that's just at level 1. I don't see that with the Rogue. And that's not even counting the Duelist's features, which provide a variety of debuffs. The Rogue doesn't get any interesting attacks until level 7 outside of Mind-Altering Poison, which is reliant on taking a specific class feature.

Without having played the Rogue yet I feel like it's just too simple right now. I think its features should give it unique ways to obtain Hidden and maybe a bonus from being Hidden or having Advantage, and have its attacks and movement trade or buff the Hidden status for various effects (including, yes, boosted damage). Maybe Poisoner could gain Hidden against enemies currently suffering from its Ongoing Damage (like a hypnotic poison), something like that. This also helps players who have poo poo GMs like me that just don't do enough with terrain and make it difficult to obtain Hidden, and I know a big part of Strike is giving players tools which don't necessarily rely on GM Fiat to use. Something like the different Support Token generating passives for Warlord.

The idea of a class with unique Move actions is really cool, but none of them are really unique enough to give up having no Effects on many of your attacks. If it were stuff like "Shift 1 space, any enemy that begins its turn adjacent to you must make a Saving Throw and is Grabbed if they fail" could be cool, but its currently just things to move yourself around slightly faster than you would normally be able to. "Trap", "Hasten", and "Smokescreen" are the only movements power they have that I really like. I think it's fine to have some basic ones too but right now I feel the pendulum is too far swung in the other direction.

Also I kinda feel that the class is really weak for Defender and probably Blaster right now, but this is just theorycrafting. Still, something like keeping Swashbuckler (I know I slammed it in the last email I sent you but I've warmed up to it) and giving it a unique Hidden mechanic that wants it to stay in the mix, or even something that encourages it to forsake Hidden entirely, could do a lot to make Defender an appealing option.

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 19, 2015

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

Good thoughts on the rogue. I'm trying to get past my writers block for this stupid urban fantasy adventure. But yeah, I'll do a revised rogue soon.

Drivethrurpg isn't letting me send out complimentary copies now. I've got an email in with tech support and I'm expecting they'll fix it up for me on Monday. They helped me out already and made the print versions public, so anyone who wants to buy now can do it. But there is still some flag up preventing me from using the tool they want me to use for sending discount codes for print copies.

Speaking of my writer's block...

Once the players have solved the mystery portion and found that the villain has gone into a secret sealed tomb hidden beneath magical Toronto to free a powerful demon/mage, where it is, and how to follow them, then they can follow them down into the tomb to stop them. There they find... What? I mean, beyond the obvious villain performing a ritual.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I've always liked lost cities or civilizations as underground things, maybe the players find an entrance to one or that's where the ritual is taking place. Military facilities are good options too, and having it turn out that the Canadian government is privy to and down with secret demon summoning would be a cool twist.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Well, if they're in Toronto and running around underground, it seems obvious to tie the whole thing into the PATH, somehow, the big maze of tunnels under the city that doubles as an enormous mall as well as a underground commuting method. Maybe there's a magical shopping mall for magic Toronto and you've got a running fight through a wand store with people grabbing magical zap sticks off the ground and getting random effects, etc.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Jimbozig posted:

Once the players have solved the mystery portion and found that the villain has gone into a secret sealed tomb hidden beneath magical Toronto to free a powerful demon/mage, where it is, and how to follow them, then they can follow them down into the tomb to stop them. There they find... What? I mean, beyond the obvious villain performing a ritual.

- Some kinda contraption made from a fusion of magic and technology?
- One of the rifts/confluence of ley lines that are the source of magic?
- A bunch of creatures (bugs/snakemen/stone vampires) from an ancient civilization that the villain is trying to awaken?
- A Great Old One is always a classic.
- A well of souls where spirits go before reincarnating?

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Got my book today. The printed version is real pretty. It's a bit to tall for my bookshelf, but I'll make due.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

D_W posted:

Got my book today. The printed version is real pretty. It's a bit to tall for my bookshelf, but I'll make due.

Did you use any sort of expedited shipping? Mine just shipped yesterday (ordered on the 22nd), not sure how long to expect to wait and they didn't give any sort of tracking info as far as I can tell.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Did you use any sort of expedited shipping? Mine just shipped yesterday (ordered on the 22nd), not sure how long to expect to wait and they didn't give any sort of tracking info as far as I can tell.

*shrugs* I think I just did standard shipping. I did order it shortly after I got the e-mail though. I'm in Seattle so might ship from near here.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

Countblanc posted:

I don't know why but when ordering proofs I had this, too. One time it shipped 2 days after I ordered, another time it was a week. I know my mom got her copy in Florida a couple of days ago, so I don't think it's just geography, since that's about as far from Seattle as you can get in America.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Mine shipped the twenty-fourth, I'm just using media mail, but the tracking make it looks like it'll hit today or tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

I ordered on the twenty-first, basically right after getting the email, it shipped on the twenty-seventh, hasn't arrived yet in FL. My guess is DriveThruRPG is so dedicated to traditional gaming that they roll dice to determine when your order prints and ships.

• Locked thread