Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I was just talking with a friend and this happened:

Steam conversation posted:

Kee: Na'much, just got home. Well lots, actually, but nothing fun or exciting. *pleh*
Zhor: Aw
Kee: My city is messing with our local animal shelter annnndddd now dogs only have 2 weeks to live INCLUDING THEIR QUARANTINE PERIOD. So they only have 7 days to be adopted before euthanization.
Zhor: D:
Kee: Ee'yeah. So I just got home from a meeting with all the shelter volunteers and a few local politicians (yay) and we're all trying to figure out how to stop this.
Zhor: Best of luck on that
Zhor: Actually
Zhor: Hey
Kee: Hm?
Zhor: Where do you live, again? I read the SA forums pet section pretty often, maybe I could drop the note there and see if there's any response from there.
Kee: Westfield, Massachusetts.
Kee: That would be cool - any ideas on what we can do would be fantastic. We have 2-4 dogs that are going to die on the 16th if we can't get them out before the new Animal Control Officer takes over (they fired our second "new one" just this week)
Kee: I'm also thinking about contacting one of my old school friends who runs a subreddit for Westfield, and see if we can get the story out there, too.
Kee: It's just that we don't know what the city is going to do officially, because they're not telling anyone anything, we have no idea who the new shelter owner/operator will be or who the new Animal Control Officer(s) are... we're all in the air, the dogs' fates are uncertain... mess is what it is.

I know this is semiofftopic, but - I don't live anywhere near the area, but I thought some of you might have help or suggestions to make. I honestly can't find words, it's disgusting to see peole put profit before the lives of thinking living beings again :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
My friend also tells me that the volunteers who work with the dogs aren't allowed to train, socialize, play, or cuddle with the dogs, not even pet them - they just get fed and walked once a day and put back into a cage. Which of course means they're not human-socialized at all and the few that do get adopted need socialization therapy.

• Locked thread