Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Kojima desperately wants to stop making them but is apparently too much of a dweeb to stand up for himself so the only way to free him from his own franchise is to stop giving him money

please do your part to help a sad & broken man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Dude.. Have you even seen how fu&*ing epic Ground Zeroes looks.. And dem tits on Quiet doe.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Never have never will

TheDead1
Aug 12, 2007
im actully installing a ps3 update so I can play mgs2 right now

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

I remember when everyone was all like 'yeah, metal gear is so good' and 'metal gear is the best game ever' and I was so OG i didn't understand they weren't talking about metal gear on the nes

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

metal gear games are fun and also win, so i will continue to buy them OP.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
counterpoint, keep buying metal gear games because kojima will try to make them more and more hosed up until they let him do other things

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've never played snake eater, is the 3ds version a good version of it, because that would be most convenient

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Ok I would buy metelmari gearmacy

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

mabels big day posted:

I've never played snake eater, is the 3ds version a good version of it, because that would be most convenient

the framerate isn't great and the controls aren't that great either.

i still played and had fun with it, but i am a huge mgs3 fan. also, don't judge the final game on the demo in the e shop since for some reason the final game has markedly better fps

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Flynn Taggart posted:

Ok I would buy metelmari gearmacy

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

mabels big day posted:

get the psvita version

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Thank you

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

get the psvita version

zen death robot posted:

PS3/360 version is probably the way to go

i recommend you listen to these two posters as they are correct. the vita version and the hd version are both very good ports

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
STFU, OP, Metal Gear games are good.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I liked snakes revenge.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

ladyboy pancake posted:

Kojima desperately wants to stop making them but is apparently too much of a dweeb to stand up for himself so the only way to free him from his own franchise is to stop giving him money

please do your part to help a sad & broken man.

Maybe then we would get the Kojima directed Silent Hill that we've been hearing about.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
metal gear games are the only games worth playing nowadays (if you are a poli sci major like me living on a fixed income)

play them in chronological order ftmfw

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Hard truths: only 1 and 3 are worth playing

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Protagonist posted:

Hard truths: only 1 and 3 are worth playing

this is wrong

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i am buying revengeance 2 and nothing can stop me

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Players remorse

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Somebody please post a gif of Solid Snake literally doing a 360 no scope in Twin Snakes

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Somebody please post a gif of Solid Snake literally doing a 360 no scope in Twin Snakes

Holy gently caress LOL!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I'm terrible at Metal Gear games so I don't play them. But I watched Escape From New York last weekend, so I'd like to think that counts.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Blind Sally posted:

I'm terrible at Metal Gear games so I don't play them. But I watched Escape From New York last weekend, so I'd like to think that counts.

you actually understand the metal gear games now better than someone who played them but hasn't seen the Escape movies

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i love metal gear.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

SM64Guy posted:

i love metal gear.

SM64Guy

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

The Protagonist posted:

you actually understand the metal gear games now better than someone who played them but hasn't seen the Escape movies

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i love escape from new york as wlel. jurt russel ftw

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

welcome to the human race

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Call me "Snake".

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

metricchip posted:

Maybe then we would get the Kojima directed Silent Hill that we've been hearing about.

omg yes this.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

oi nah

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
ground zeroes sucked so not a problem OP

GZ was somehow less interactive/impressive than the Tanker demo of MGS2

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Kojima keeps perpetuating the myth that he doesn't want to make Metal Gears anymore because it helps make him look less depressing than the guy behind all the ridiculous bullshit that is Metal Gear. He still makes them by choice, though. Kojima's way too influential to be forcefully pinned down by a company like Konami, who otherwise desperately need him.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

played kojimas other games, op, and im pretty sure he should stick to metal gear

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Benny D posted:

played kojimas other games, op, and im pretty sure he should stick to metal gear

Snatcher is better than all the Metal Gear games

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Sorry op but I've already bought all the metal gear games !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Silver Alicorn posted:

counterpoint, keep buying metal gear games because kojima will try to make them more and more hosed up until they let him do other things

here's hoping Metal Gear: The Musical happens soon

• Locked thread