Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CactusWeasle posted:

Tony attacked Kenny Irwin and then he died also

That was extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Race car drivers are dumb as loving nails

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gargoyle posted:

In stock car racing nothing would have happened. That is why you see this poo poo happen at Bowman Gray. It is unacceptable and taboo to do this on a dirt track.

is it really? i mean, i know it's already stupid to do this in a late model race, and about a million times dumber to do it in a sprint or mods race, but don't people do this anyway?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lorini posted:

Yeah well maybe the next time a 20 year old thinks about going on to a race track and getting into a racing line, he'll think again and stay in his car. I'm sorry he died like that. The track needs to remain safe for everyone or at least as safe as they can make it. Getting out of your car and getting into a racing line is not safe.

the whole macho-man "run at another car waving your arms and throwing your gloves" act has been old for like 10 years anyway

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

At some point in a civil trial, Tony will be on the stand and will be asked, under oath, what he was thinking about at the time of the accident.

In my awful heart of hearts, I know the answer I hope for him to give.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That guy died.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hoodrich posted:

The dude who died was a fag and Smoke is cool.

This is extremely hosed up, but I have to say: I agree.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bewbies posted:

I don't think that getting out of the car and then running out on the track straight at another car was a great idea.

I think it's safe to say that mistakes were made all around.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Stewart is a hell of a driver, while this Ward kid seems like he was poor. Doesn't seem like a good rivalry tbh

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cubey posted:

So then, pretty much every American race car driver? Cool.

Can we please ban every stupid motherfucker who knows absolutely nothing about motorsports of any kind from posting in this thread, jesus christ.
Race car drivers are almost all dumber than poo poo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

cname posted:

You say this as though the odds are exactly the same in both situations.

I think that one of the two scenarios is also an accepted and integral part of motor racing. I don't know which one though

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's hard to say but maybe most fatalities in a race involve drivers who are in cars because most of the drivers tend to be in cars during the race. Just my opinion

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Running into traffic was a mistake for sure

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Well the thing is, imo, I don't think Ward was legitimately so mad that he was blind with rage and charged into traffic. It's just some dumbass macho stuff where you have to save face after you get wrecked, so you toss your gloves and your helmet and jaw off. Ideally you should do this without acting like a complete idiot unlike the guy who died.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

animeliker posted:

It was Katawa Shoujo you stupid loving oval office. I am so sick and tired of trolls.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

No need for this in the NASCAR thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There's only two drivers who I'd say that about, and one of them would be Stewart. (The other one is Edwards)

• Locked thread