Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

A friend of the victim is claiming Ward and Stewart had a long-simmering rivalry. Sounds like puffery to me though; why would Stewart care about some 20-year-old amateur?

This sounds like complete emotion from this friend.

My two big things here are still that despite his issues, I cannot see Tony Stewart ever purposely hitting a human being with a race car, and that I don't think it's ever correct to assume that he "should have been able to see" the guy because I doubt many of the people claiming this have ever been in a situation where they're taking a turn in a sprint car with a human that close to their line on the track. I think it's irresponsible to claim that what you see in a typical turn is in any way indicative of this situation. The only person whose opinion I'd even consider valuing in terms of track visibility is whoever was driving that No. 45 car. I don't think anyone else's opinion is comparable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is unrelated to the Stewart incident, but it's about driver deaths on these small tracks and gives a bit of an inside look into the world of local racing.

http://www.si.com/longform/dirt-racing/index.html

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

why does everyone ignore the white and blue 45 that dodges Ward and Ward steps back from?

Because it helps the narrative

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That must've been one magic loogie.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm just devastated by all of this because if Tony Stewart had known his place and just kept himself out of these local sprint car races, Kevin Ward Jr. never would have been a complete retard who ran into the path of oncoming vehicles.

It's just sad really and hopefully Tony learns that he has no business in non-Sprint Cup cars because his lack of understanding and enormous wealth makes people play in traffic.

• Locked thread