Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Saw this on the news today and thought it sucked. Got an email from my dad this afternoon and found out Ward was a local kid from one town over and is racing buddies with my cousin that races late model and it sucks even more. I am really torn by this. I am sure Stewart did not intend to hit the kid, but it does look like he at least contributed to making it worse.

I guess at the end of the day the brunt of the responsibility lays with Ward. Racing rule #1 is that if you crash out and your car isn't on fire you don't get out. From the looks of it both of them were flexing nuts (Ward with the gesturing and tantrum and Stewart with the dirt slinging) and it cost the guy who was out of his car. Is Stewart criminally liable? I highly doubt it. Will there be some civil action? Probably. It is jut loving depressing either way and I hope the next time someone puts my cousin into the wall and he boils over he remembers this and stays in his loving car :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

The idea that Stewart shouldn't be running these kind of events is pretty dumb. Sprint cars are a ton different than stock cars or open wheel, it isn't like NASCAR is just where you go when you get 'too good' at driving sprint cars. It is not like the pro hockey player that crushes face in a beer league because 'gently caress those guys'. And lets be honest, I bet every single one of those racers, including Ward, were excited to get the chance to race against Tony Stewart.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

That is fake? But I really wanted to believe that police if Ferguson had fired laughing gas at protesters and a fake Wal-Mart greeter was soliciting sex. Ok, maybe that last one is real.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I thought this slapfest was getting closed?

• Locked thread