Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Just read about this on Jayski, wow, what the gently caress Tony Stewart. Couple of years of being a decent human being running a team turns into this. I hope it was truly an accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
I can't rationalize what was going on in Tony Stewart's head when he decided to pull that off...

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwc8obMmv7o

This is also pretty good. Matt Kenseth didn't run him over.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

Kirios posted:

This story is the top headline on every news website. :stare:

There is no way in hell NASCAR is going to be able to sweep this under the rug.

A bit sensationalist right now.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

leica posted:

If it was Kasey Kahne driving the car no one would even consider it being intentional, because he's such a cute nice guy.

You're correct. He'd make a great bottom. :swoon:

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Reflecting back on the video, and not watching it more than the one time which was already enough, unless there were previous laps of racing that indicated a brewing altercation with Ward, Stewart probably had no idea he put the guy in the wall. He definitely didn't intentionally put him there, just cut him off. Stewart wouldn't therefore suspect a guy to run down the track like that.

As far as the throttling before the impact, my limited iRacing experience tells me he was trying to create wheelspin and aim the car somewhere else; obviously the effect would be very little but I'll let a physicist argue that point.

Hopefully the two families can just make peace and move on from this.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

Did you actually read my post?

Did I even remotely mention IndyCar in it?

No?

It has nothing to do with IndyCar, it has everything to do with him not being caught in a situation where this exact type of event occurs.

Minimizing risk.

Stewart could have easily pissed away his professional career with doing what he did that night.

I agree that he should really only be focusing on Sprint Cup or just run the race team. Minimizing risk, less leg breakage, less one person killed by Tony Stewart.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

canti32 posted:

You arguing that Stewart shouldn't be allowed to race whatever he wants because he runs a team/business is dumb. Dude has the money/skill/passion to run three hundred races a year? loving let him, it's his life.

One man's opinion. I agree with his opinion he should not race in the lower series, much like how everyone absolutely hates the buschwhackers. Sure, he can do what he wants, we can't change what he does.

canti32 posted:

Also it's not blaming a victim to point out that maybe that dude shouldn't have left the safety of his car to run into traffic because he was mad. He did something stupid, people are pointing it out.

Yes, he was dumb. But if Stewart didn't race there, then another driver would've killed him. Then we wouldn't be arguing about this at all. He gets to live with the fact he killed a man, guilty or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

So what happened to all the people calling Tony Stewart a murderer?

The tonal shift from the first few pages to the last is incredible.

Keeping in mind the first few pages occurred right after the news broke, and given Tony Stewart's temperament, it was easy to judge right away. Of course, over the course of the week we've all had time to look back and understand the situation more. Of course, the staunch Stewart fans never doubted.

• Locked thread