Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Rand McNally posted:

Um, do they have metal detectors at the gate there? Just curious.

They have bag checks at ISC tracks, of which the Glen is one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Blitz7x posted:

Smokey and the Bandit 3

There was already a 3. :eng101:

Eifert Posting posted:

Isn't this the same guy who nearly killed a few people last year?

He broke his leg in a crash at the same track last year.

...because, if I remember right, didn't he spin to avoid t-boning another driver?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Just found the stomach to watch the video. I didn't realize the kid walked as far as he did down the racetrack.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

InterceptorV8 posted:

Whoa whoa whoa buddy, someone had the loving line and someone thought they could have someone back down. Put in the wall my rear end, that was a standard loving racing on dirt. Kid should have backed down and not tried to do an outside pass on the end of the corner.

Yeah, after watching the video and seeing it, the wreck can be summed up by saying "That's racin'".

Everything after that wasn't and is up for interpretation.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SASCAR/Indy/other racing series goons: In all the fist/helmet/bird-throwing/waving incidents on-track in recent years, can anybody remember a driver walking out into the racing line (or at least out from the protection of safety vehicles) like Ward did? Smoke (Martinsville '99, Bristol '12; the latter was on pit road) and Robby Gordon (NHIS '05, the "Michael Waltrip is a POS" incident) are the only ones who spring to mind right now. I don't know if Kurt Busch at Indy in 2002 counts.

My mind is being blown seeing the worlds of NHL and racing goons posting in the same thread. :psyduck:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Stewart will not run this week at Michigan. Veteran Jeff Burton will come out of semi-retirement to replace him.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Don't know if anybody's pointed this out, but apparently Ward and Stewart had raced against each other in the past and never had problems. It wasn't their first time on track together.

InterceptorV8 posted:

:psyduck:

Goddamn, if I'm right, what do I win?

One free membership to SASCAR, the internet's greatest collection of NASCAR goons.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

NASCAR just added a rule about staying in the car until safety workers arrive to their mythical rulebook.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I can't remember anyone running out into the racing groove to make a point in NASCAR (other than Stewart at Martinsville in 1999, where the cars were basically stopped in the corner). They usually stay(ed) up by the wall or on the apron of the racetrack to point fingers/the bird/throw helmets.

Ungratek posted:

hmm this really applies to an incident that took place in a Sprint race.

Yes, but public outrage, kneejerk American reactions, "Won't someone PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?", etc.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 15, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rusty Tweeted the article was bullshit yesterday and that he hadn't talked to Smoke.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

[quote="fuseshock" post="433580171" Of course, the staunch Stewart fans never doubted.
[/quote]

Tony's my second driver behind Gordon,and I was afraid Tony had gone off the deep end, wondering what the hell had gotten into his head. A very "Wait, what?" moment not seen in the NASCAR world since 2-18-01.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

If you're new to NASCAR, the rule considers smoke in the cockpit as an extenuating circumstance which allows a driver to get out of the car. In theory, tire smoke could count, which is common in crashes.

This is an example of how NASCAR has mastered the art of "taking action" while not actually taking action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

Is there any news upcoming or can I just close this thread now?

Rumored second video aside, the only interesting thing that might come up would be when Stewart returns to NASCAR.

If at all.

• Locked thread