Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I feel like anyone who says Stewart shouldn't race today "out of respect" or "because it's only right" is an idiot. Downvote me if you want, but there is literally ZERO logical reason why Stewart shouldn't race today. Ward obviously loved racing; would he really want Stewart to not be able to race all because of an accident? I doubt it. And there is absolutely nothing disrespectful in my book about running after something like this. If anything, it makes me more of a fan of Tony to see that he has the mental strength to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

AsInHowe posted:

...head on back to reddit, buddy. Or identify where you're copy/pasting this stuff from.

Reddit...

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

BMB5150 posted:

Barely an excuse. Tony knew that car wrecked there so he should have taken precaution in that area to begin with. That and seeing probably a figure ahead of you into that turn gesturing wildly to you. But again, Ward may have gotten too close and Stewart was being way too close.

How did he know the car wrecked there again?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Pretty sure the kid was behind Stewart when he hit the wall.

Cojawfee posted:

I won't say he caused it, but he was part of it.

ed: Doesn't mean he knew it happened at the time.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkAKN1I-784&t=2600s
Fans on the race track and no murder committed.

Hang the murderer.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Aug 11, 2014

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

sportsgenius86 posted:

This sounds like complete emotion from this friend.

My two big things here are still that despite his issues, I cannot see Tony Stewart ever purposely hitting a human being with a race car, and that I don't think it's ever correct to assume that he "should have been able to see" the guy because I doubt many of the people claiming this have ever been in a situation where they're taking a turn in a sprint car with a human that close to their line on the track. I think it's irresponsible to claim that what you see in a typical turn is in any way indicative of this situation. The only person whose opinion I'd even consider valuing in terms of track visibility is whoever was driving that No. 45 car. I don't think anyone else's opinion is comparable.

Yep and a mechanic on the 45 car said his driver said he only saw Ward at the last second and narrowly missed him, and that was with Ward stepping back as the 45 came around.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Yeah everyone was saying Stewart was a hothead who blew but tbh I'm not even convinced he knew what happened, or why it would upset him. Strange that the guy running in the path of cars and angrily gesturing didn't get the hothead label.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Yeah I was talking about the crash

AgentJotun posted:

This post is way to good for this thread.

But the more evidence I see the more to me it looks like a tragic accident. The Slo-mo version of the video has Ward stepping so far out onto the line, even further then where he was when the first car through just missed him. Stewart probably didn't even realise it was him that was Ward was mad at, so I don't know about the trying to scare him angle either.

Yeah thats what I was saying. He knew he ran over him of course but I dunno if he knew Ward crashed or was mad at him.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Lol you should see when bike racers start hitting each other in the head.

While still wearing full gear....they missed the training that the hockey guys get. It's cute and sad.

edit: here's a decent one, there were a couple dudes in moto3 this year too if I can find it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGvnC4k8KI4

The closest I've seen to confronting someone was Stoner at Jerez 2012. Rossi tried an overly ambitious pass in the wet and crashed out himself with Stoner, who he was passing. The marshals all rushed to Rossi's aid while pretty much ignoring Stoner, Rossi was able to re-start but Stoner was not. He first gave a big "gently caress you" to the marshals that ignored him, then gave Rossi the slow-clap as he came around the next time

nsaP fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Aug 12, 2014

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

WindyMan posted:

So the blue and white 45 saw him enough to dodge him, but Stewart didn't, even though he would have seen the 45 ahead of him dodge something.

That's usually how these accidents happen, yes. It's called being 'unsighted'.

ed: also

Gargoyle posted:

Also saw this, relevant.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 13, 2014

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

NtotheTC posted:

You can still be a murderer without having had the intent to kill, just for the record.

No you really can't, by definition.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Yeah when people are quoting UK law it's done

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

NtotheTC posted:

This conventional wisdom bought to you by the people that gave you "ner ner" and "no backsies".

The discussion isn't exactly wildly off-topic or uncivil so you're probably fine with leaving the thread open. Though not much is going to be added to it until more information is released.

If you think quoting UK law about an accident that happened in New York is relevant I don't know what to tell you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Now he's saying 'if it was deliberate', reminder what started this:

NtotheTC posted:

You can still be a murderer without having had the intent to kill, just for the record.

So he's either a stupid troll or just stupid.

• Locked thread