Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Thread needs more happy Tony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Powershift posted:

If he had been banned from the tracks for 3 months for bullshit like this. and it was understood that doing poo poo like this would lead to a ban from participating race tracks, ward probably wouldn't have gotten out of the car like that. Instead, the most popular and most visible racing organization almost encourages and glorifies this poo poo.

They DO encourage it openly saying "have at it boys" so you really can't fault the drivers for doing something they're encouraged to do. It's nothing new really, has been going on for decades, and has never been an issue until now.

Also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mRY79mat34

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Haha not yet.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Here peanut, enjoy this pic of a happy Tony.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BMB5150 posted:

Barely an excuse. Tony knew that car wrecked there so he should have taken precaution in that area to begin with. That and seeing probably a figure ahead of you into that turn gesturing wildly to you. But again, Ward may have gotten too close and Stewart was being way too close.

He should have been able to stop the car in mid air just like Chuck Liddell in that commercial

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tony's reputation of being a dick isn't helping him much with this.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

canti32 posted:

And I agree with whoever said above that if this was any other racer at the track this would be" just a tragic accident", but since it was Tony Stewart, noted hothead, the narrative jumped right to "he must've finally lost it and killed someone".

If it was Kasey Kahne driving the car no one would even consider it being intentional, because he's such a cute nice guy.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I agree. I doubt that Tony had any idea the kid was mad and waiting for him in the middle of the loving track. Tony has been racing open wheel cars almost his entire life and is well aware what an open wheel car can do to a person that gets too close. I don't buy the "goosing the throttle" theory because although he is a hot head, he's not a sociopathic idiot that would risk killing another driver to get a little dirt on them.

At this point I would say the only thing Tony might be guilty of is not paying close enough attention to the situation.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Racing in the fog, what a great idea!

I love the guy frantically waving the flags like anyone could possibly see him.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Local radio talk show idiot Mike Calta (cowhead) is going with the whole MURDERER angle and it's really loving annoying because I doubt he actually believes it, but it's the cool edgy route to take.

Sounds like Cowherd is doing the same thing but he's an idiot either way.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Why is everyone assuming that Tony even knew what the gently caress was going on? He could have been completely clueless until he was right on top of the guy for all we know.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So apparently if you slow the video down it appears that Ward grabs on to Tony's car as he drives by. The cops also have another video they're looking at and if that turns out to be confirmed it could put this debate to rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3aDXRPLkSM

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 14, 2014

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lots of evidence on the kid making horrible decisions, no evidence of Stewart being negligent, but Stewart should be in prison :confused:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

NASCAR just added a rule about staying in the car until safety workers arrive to their mythical rulebook.

Called it, didn't think it would happen this soon though, drat.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

http://empirenews.net/nascar-tony-s...7baOnU.facebook

This was sent to me, bullshit website?

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 15, 2014

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yep, just looked it up it's an Onion rip off.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Haha yeah shoulda caught that, but the "informed the Associated Press" part is what duped me at first, how can they cite the AP if it's bullshit?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

how can they quote Rusty or anything

satire!

More like horse poo poo riding the Onion's coattails

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Edwards would have pummeled Ward to death with his bare fists and then flex above his lifeless body

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Turning and swerving to avoid something are two different things. Just look at the cars for Christ's sake. Giant rear tires and skinny little motorcycle tires on the front. Jerking the wheel left or right trying to swerve on a dirt track isn't going to do jack poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

NtotheTC posted:

e: nvm. I've no idea why your knickers are in a twist but

Because you're a dumb dummy

Thread has no use anymore, somebody start another thread when Tony comes out of hiding.

• Locked thread