Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I know you can't base a judgement off it, but shouldn't Tony be complicit in the glamorization of doing this kind of poo poo in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Personally, I would think you would remember what part of the track you spun someone out on. Then you would think in the back of your mind "There is a car spun out there now, I'll be careful when I come around again. The best way to be careful is to gun the throttle right next to that car." Regardless of whether or not he saw the kid on the track, he knew the car was there because he put it there.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Something Awful Gold to you goon sire.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Tony Stewart: Because NASCAR needed a murderer.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think we can agree that all race car drivers are stupid and should be locked into their cars until someone lets them out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Moxie Omen posted:

That dog is probably dead by now

The vacuum ran wide and the poor dog just got sucked in. Shouldn't have been in the living room like that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

nsaP posted:

How did he know the car wrecked there again?

Well, the last time he went around, he pushed Ward high and made him tap the wall.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I won't say he caused it, but he was part of it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Cubey posted:

So then, pretty much every American race car driver? Cool.

Can we please ban every stupid motherfucker who knows absolutely nothing about motorsports of any kind from posting in this thread, jesus christ.

What kind of racing are you watching where every driver gets out and runs around on a live track? Sounds like it's really lovely if the drivers have nothing better to do than getting out of their car.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Cubey posted:

I saw both versions of this post before you edited it. It's nice to see idiots who don't know what the gently caress they are talking about pivot like this :allears:

e: and you edited it even further. Give it up, you are clueless.

e2: AND A FOURTH TIME. Jesus christ dude just gently caress off already.

You're right man. Every American race car driver does this all the time without dying. It's all Tony Stewart's fault.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Cubey posted:

This is pretty much true in NASCAR and even more so on the local dirt tracks, so I'm not sure what you are suggesting :confused:

I'm suggesting that you are an actual retard.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

the FIA also doesn't have rules against driving a Ferrari in GT despite the fact that that's more dangerous than walking across a hot race track

To be fair, it's mostly unsafe for everyone else not in a Ferrari

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

FuzzySkinner posted:

There's posts in this thread literally blaming the loving victim.

But yeah me saying that Stewart shouldn't have been racing there in the first place is dumb. :rolleyes:.

"WELL HOW MANY RACECARS HAVE YOU DRIVEN?"

"YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS HE'S NOT RACING IN THE INDY 500" are also equally dumb.

You saying he shouldn't have been there is extremely dumb. It's not like he ran into a pop warner football game and started tackling kids. He was racing in another form of professional motorsport, which he is entitled to do.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Some cars only work well when at race speed. Take a high level formula car. You can trundle it around slowly or you can drive it really fast. There's no in between. If you don't go fast enough for the aero to work, then it won't turn very well. If you don't go fast enough to get heat in the tires in the corners, you won't have any grip. If you aren't going fast enough when you use the brakes, they won't ever heat up and they won't work. You have to drive faster than what you think is safe to be safe. I've never driven a sprint car, but I'd assume it's about the same. When it's not doing the thing it was intended to do, it doesn't handle well.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If you're good enough to win, you probably good enough to know how the car handles. It's not like he bought a car that night and went out to race. He's a professional race car driver, he's able to grasp how they handle after a few years of practice and "less than a hundred" starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Anyone with a brain knows that Tony Stewart wouldn't seriously try to murder another athlete with hundreds of people watching. Anyone that is trolling and is an idiot thinks Tony Stewart is a murderer who consciously decided to run over some kid who was mad for some reason.

• Locked thread