Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Potsticker posted:

Thanks for figuring that out definitively.

Checked and the same is also true of uncommons. Would be interested to see some more info about the returns on training up cards before feeding them/combining them for those who are doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Rolled with a rare Natalya for three rounds before scoring a super rare AJ. My diva is unstoppable.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Anybody else having trouble getting the game to play on Kindle Fire?

The Watch
Feb 10, 2014

He won't see the sun again for years to come...

He's posting on Something Awful
Megamarm

smashpro1 posted:

It works for me, though it completely reset when I started this morning. Doesn't seem to have issues other than that.

Edit: I've turned the Kindle off and on multiple times since the game reset this morning, but it hasn't happened again. Also, I logged in with the "gamecircle" type account, not sure what might change if you're using the Facebook instead?

The Watch fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Aug 16, 2014

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

The Watch posted:

It works for me, though it completely reset when I started this morning. Doesn't seem to have issues other than that.

Edit: I've turned the Kindle off and on multiple times since the game reset this morning, but it hasn't happened again. Also, I logged in with the "gamecircle" type account, not sure what might change if you're using the Facebook instead?

I haven't been able to sign in with either/both.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

smashpro1 posted:

All good for me.

Also this game is way too good at doing the whole 'we gotta trigger the player's sense of reward' thing, getting buckets of cards for trainer fuel is a great way to keep people playing.

I expected to be not so subtly asked for money a bunch but I don't even know how I would give them money since the only way to buy cards is with some weird red currency, so kudos for that.

The Watch
Feb 10, 2014

He won't see the sun again for years to come...

He's posting on Something Awful
Megamarm

smashpro1 posted:

I haven't been able to sign in with either/both.

Oh, I remember having an issue yesterday, now that I think about it. It wasn't letting me log in at all, no matter how many times I clicked the gamecircle icon.

I didn't have an account with the gamecircle thing. If you go in the app, then open up the Kindle menu where you have an option to go to the Kindle's home screen, all the way to the right there's a gamecicle icon. If I remember correctly, that's where I went to enable my account. It automatically generates a random name, but you can edit that from the same menu. That solved my problem anyway.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Sockser posted:

Rolled with a rare Natalya for three rounds before scoring a super rare AJ. My diva is unstoppable.

I got about +9 to all stats with my UC Summer Rae fusing two together at max level. I haven't maxed out the pro card yet because I got a second Rare Rock and want to max that out first, but so far I haven't had any empty levels or anything suggesting that those stat boosts for going pro at max level wasn't worth it.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

I've been doing really well with my starter rare Diesel, Rare Henry and RVD plus a uncommon reigns and a rare Nattie who barely ever loses. but I got a SR Sgt. Slaughter, so its time to wreck some faces :getin:

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
What determines how special abilities activate? It just seems random, which is a bummer.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Another Person posted:

What determines how special abilities activate? It just seems random, which is a bummer.

Special abilties always count, even if they don't do the animations, as far as I have observed. Tag team powerups require the same color, opposite facing symbols to get the bonus. Same symbols provide no bonus and different colors gives you a debuff to all stats.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh man the actual king of the ring tourney is finally about to start thank god

I actually like the KOTR format because I don't have to look at it more than like twice a day

anyway I have a super-rare Brock Lesnar at max level so I never lose now it's p cool

I saw a guy yesterday that 200-0 which seems like it should be impossible but he beat me yup

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

I took the time to max out and combine two rare Eva Marie cards. In an exhibition matchup, my level 4 rare Pro Eva Marie had better stats than a level 10 rare Pro Eva Marie. Max, then combine if you can.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

interpunct posted:

I took the time to max out and combine two rare Eva Marie cards
Somebody tell me how to change thread titles please

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.
I just hit 300-16. This game is super addictive, and I'm quite surprised they haven't really asked me for money yet. Sometimes I feel like drawing rare cards from the pile is rigged. 3 times I've had it be the absolute last card. I also haven't been able to join a King of the Ring yet, it's still waiting for more entrants.

Tips I've been using to wreck shop:
I got two uncommon AJs and combined them after I maxed them out. After a little more leveling, she destroys everything except Super Rares. Having a good diva is really important, since it basically just gives you a free point every match. Put as much into training your diva card as you can and it will pay off big time.
Maximize your tag team bonus. It makes a huge difference. I have two cards that both have the same symbol, so I put a card with the opposite on my roster even though it wasn't my next best available. That extra 10% boost has won me several matches while other teams are eating 5% penalties.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Another Person posted:

I've asked this before and it's just a random boost. It's not always on.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Potsticker posted:

When you make him pro, take picture when he gets to 15 so we can compare the difference!

Here you go!

Yours:

Mine:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Potsticker posted:

Special abilties always count, even if they don't do the animations, as far as I have observed. Tag team powerups require the same color, opposite facing symbols to get the bonus. Same symbols provide no bonus and different colors gives you a debuff to all stats.

I'm pretty sure the specials don't always count because I've had fights where we both had an ability and only my opponent's activated to win him the fight.

Didn't notice about the opposite symbol thing though, thanks for pointing out the somewhat obvious.

Super Rare Ambrose and Rare Aj are doing a lot of work, and Rare Xavier Woods of all people is a complete house for me, and kills it tagging with Erick Rowan.

What are people's views on support cards? I current have a +6/+6 of 2 stats and -6/-6 off the other 2 stats in my lineup

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 16, 2014

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Just saw my very first Ultra Rare, or whatever the tier above Super is called: an opponent's Jericho. I'm pretty happy that my Super Rare John Cena could still beat it, what a monster.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

Here you go!

That's certainly a marked difference!

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Blasmeister posted:

What are people's views on support cards? I current have a +6/+6 of 2 stats and -6/-6 off the other 2 stats in my lineup

Those seem like they're okay if you absolutely MUST WIN a round, but to me I'd rather just use Manager in the first round since that will boost all your cards for two stats for the duration of the battle.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Mister E posted:

Those seem like they're okay if you absolutely MUST WIN a round, but to me I'd rather just use Manager in the first round since that will boost all your cards for two stats for the duration of the battle.

Eh, I much rather the other setup, though the only manager I had was the +3 uncommon one, so maybe the rarer ones are better?

Currently I'm at a 250-17, though, fallen from 200-10 earlier.
All I need is one more common Ryback and one Dean Ambrose to finish the Common Pokesex!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Blasmeister posted:

I actually just got my second Super Rare card, which is a +20 to Speed ladder. That thing has definitely turned the tides in a few tough Exhibitions that I've had, so I'm hoping I'll get other similar ones.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Potsticker posted:

Eh, I much rather the other setup, though the only manager I had was the +3 uncommon one, so maybe the rarer ones are better?

Currently I'm at a 250-17, though, fallen from 200-10 earlier.
All I need is one more common Ryback and one Dean Ambrose to finish the Common Pokesex!

The rarer the support the higher the boost yes.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

Here you go!

Yours:

Mine:

So what did you combine with the latter McMahon, a maxed out level 25 one? that is a helluva boost if so.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Blasmeister posted:

So what did you combine with the latter McMahon, a maxed out level 25 one? that is a helluva boost if so.

Yeah, two max level cards make total monsters. My maxed out uncommon AJ can take a few Ultra Rares.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hate you fuckers for talking about this game and making me get it.

I can't stop playing. I need to get more cards.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

I hate you fuckers for talking about this game and making me get it.

I can't stop playing. I need to get more cards.

The good news is-- you're not spending money!

Yet? Maybe? :ohdear:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I got my first ultra rare last night, and it's a UR Tyson Kidd. His image is circa WWE 13 (aka the "create-a-player head").

it's pretty glorious to ruin people with Kidd.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Potsticker posted:

The good news is-- you're not spending money!

Yet? Maybe? :ohdear:

It secretly charges you $9.99 for every match, you'll get the bill after 6 months. That's the real reason why there's no cooldown timer!

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
^^^ Good on you for the Double Max McMahon, I did not have the willpower to hold off on combining mine. I think my cards were around 10/5 when I combined them.

As for the game itself, it really doesn't have enough hooks in for me to see myself keeping up with it after 2 days playing. There's just not enough past the surface to make the grind worthwhile. Fun for what it is, however. Makes me miss WWF With Authority. That was a hell of an online wrasslecard game.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Shima Honnou posted:

It secretly charges you $9.99 for every match, you'll get the bill after 6 months. That's the real reason why there's no cooldown timer!

:negative:

So, the King of the Ring (I'm tied for first at 24-4 right now, only 22 more hours/matches to go!) is maybe a place where they're expecting to get money? So your wrestlers stay juiced up and all? The rewards aren't really worth it, though, and it seems like straight grinding exhibition matches win or lose is still a better use of time.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

This is not a joke! Vince Russo is booking in EWR This is not a joke!

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Jesus Christ, you guys need to click Liar's link and watch this right the gently caress now

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

no way

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

This is hilarious.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Vince Russos dream team: Randy Orton and El Torito

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Holy poo poo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh my god this is beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
The Hairpullin Platinum division. I am forever going to use this for the women's title in any and every wrestling game ever. Vince Russo :allears:

GenericMartini fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Aug 16, 2014