Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I survived every major PC/Steam release over the last 6 years with the stone face, ignoring all the people saying I'm missing out on "blank" on the PC. But WWE 2k15 is about to finally make me spend way too much cash on a PC. The hacks and mods are going to be incredible. :stare: :gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

That really sucks. The creation suite options are The Reason to play these games. With puro, indy, and Fire Pro games not really being made any more, the suite allowed you to to go ahead and make that NJPW / 80s NWA / New Generation era game yourself with the accurate wrestlers, arenas, belts, and music. It was a sandbox of sorts that served as a great substitute for the total lack of wrestling games now compared to back in the day.

Back to 2k14 I guess. If you play it sim-ish (let the cpu get some offense in just for fun's sake FPR style) and not like a fighting game, it's not awful. 2 count glitch and all.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Nov 12, 2014

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Apparently you can't create title matches in career mode.

Pretty intense oversight if this stays.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Universe mode. :smith:

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

I feel the frustration.

Every October I look forward to the new next-gen wrestling game. Every year I get super annoyed at how it's just not on par with other sports games and how it's borderline broken. Then, I just end up going back to Fire Pro R and feeling a lot better and having a lot more fun. I'm so sad because the wrestling bust basically killed Japanese-made wrestling games.

I guess I'm really asking are there any good current 2015 FPR saves out now?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Daaaaamn. Universe is completely Smackdown 2 career mode with the ability to change matches. Right down to nonsensical cutscenes and no title match influence.

Yep: I suggest as many as possible wait til that Black Friday sale to see what the deal truly is. Don't get this poo poo on day one. You might just become part of the problem.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Have the amount of universe cutscenes increased since 2K14? They have been scarce since the beginning and they claim they increased the amount of instances. If I build to a title fight, do the cutscenes actually build up the story, or is it still fighting every week on Raw?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Is there any significant difference here between PS4 and Xbox One? I heard the online on Xbox is more stable.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Apparently the stupid community creations counter counts my failed attempts to download something due to server issues against me. Now I have to wait 24 hours to try again. :saddowns:

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Just had a Nakamura vs. Taz 5 star classic at WCW World War 3, for the ECW belt. Best wrestling game since FPR. Matches flow so goddamn well.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Yeah, the filters were a great addition. nothing like the ECW arena with the 'Public Access TV at 4 AM' filter to add legitimacy to Taz t-bone suplexing the entire world.

2k17 is gonna be GOAT if they polish it and don't add retarded things. This is a great base to build on.

Edit: On arena chat, I love that, with no other federations getting games now, this series with community creations is more of a platform to represent other federations. If you want an official looking WCCW or ROH game, go build or download that poo poo. And that's cool.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Nov 3, 2015

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

So apparently you can beat the Community Creations download limit by backing out the game using the home button instead of exiting out to the main menu like normally. The counter resets to 20/20.

You're welcome. :bahgawd:

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Any good slider sets out there?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Rumor is that Spike is dropping another Fire Pro Wrestling on Nintendo NX. :circlefap:

Take all my money, Nintendo. I'm used to buying your systems for like 2 games anyway.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Everything I'm hearing from FPArena and some of the more trustworthy members of the community say its a legit edition with the 2D sprites. :flashfap:

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

electric funeral posted:

Finally, after like 9 years, a wrestling game worth getting excited about.

Indeed friend. Every new WWE game I play every year is 'ok'. 2k16 is even 'pretty ok'. Maybe even as good as King of Collosseum. But every year I get annoyed at various issues either in glitches or match pacing and just ask myself why I'm not just playing FPR with an updated roster file for the year as it just hasn't been topped yet. The perfect sim. Wrestling Madden, if yew wiiiiill.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Remember that awesome site where you could easily convert FPR saves for all formats including PS3? The one that shut down a few years ago? :smith:

It's back! And in file format, so 'this' version won't disappear from the internet for 4 years like the other one. :circlefap:

http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=295

Have fun downloading current rosters since WWE2K sucks again.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 30, 2016

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Everybody is fighting with 2k16, when they should really be playing the No Mercy mod Showdown 64 as their current wrestling game. Bonus points for being able to run it at a brisk 60 fps on PCs, eliminating my main beef with that game. Look at this monster! The forum that hosts it, Old Skool Reunion, is pretty chill too and has lots of other projects like porting a bunch of WM2000 and Revenge dudes to VPW2 and a New Generation mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eSr-jKZZ98

It's ridiculous how much better the AKI system still is than our current alternatives. Has anyone tried playing it online?

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Mar 29, 2016

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

As long as it's version 2.1 and is a RAR file instead of EXE, you should be good to go at any of the other sites you can get it.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

About the best thing about this game is the ability to book ridiculous fantasy and old school events that look drat near like they're official content. I really wish they'd fix the gameplay issues because everything around the game is perfection.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Did anyone ever figure out how to get more cutscenes during universe mode or is it still broken?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Speaking of old games, has there ever been a gameshark code that allowed instant title matches on WCW/NWO Revenge without having to play 10 matches? I remember there being a code to skip straight to the champion and Google is yielding nothing.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Dishwasher posted:

Speaking of old games, has there ever been a gameshark code that allowed instant title matches on WCW/NWO Revenge without having to play 10 matches? I remember there being a code to skip straight to the champion and Google is yielding nothing.

Found it after a lot of digging, if anyone cares.

Instant Title Match on Championship Mode:
80038AAB 0008

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Apparently someone figured out how to play any PS2 game online through PCSX2. Has anyone tried this and got it working yet? The idea of goon FPR Tourneys or Competitive E-Feds has my dick super erect right now if its even remotely usable. And as the sap that first brought that sick rumor of that hoax, Fire Pro Online, to this forum a few years back consider this my penance.

Edit:

Here's a tutorial with the relevant links in the description with someone setting it up to run DBZ Budokai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khfrILP2mDM

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 27, 2016

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

I always go all in on WWE 2k every year and always wonder why I'm not just playing Fire Pro or VPW2 instead. They need to start from scratch with the whole series I think.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

How is community creations overall this year? Do you guys think One's version of 2k16 is going to be a ghost town compared to PS4? Seems the main 360 community migrated there.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

I know I've chimed in here a bunch telling people 'Just play Firepro or vpw2' every year, but it's really unfortunate that this happens to be the case this year. It really needs to be rebuilt from scratch.

At least Showdown 64 is great and whoever hasn't tried it should.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Basic Chunnel posted:

KO v Young: Feud of the Year.

Anything can happen in the World Wrestling Federation!

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Good thing Nintendo remembered to have their Mario, Zelda, and Wrestling on point again like old times. Whichever console released a new Fire Pro was gonna get this money. Hell, R on PS3 with easy save sharing drat near justified the console itself. I'm glad Spike wants this money again.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Steam?!? :flashfap:

Is this even real life? Glad Spike took the smart money and released on viable systems. Happy I don't have to give Nintendo 300 bones now because this was literally the only reason to do so (besides that all time great Zelda)!

Online play potentially added and I'm child at Christmas-level hype for this poo poo.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 3, 2017

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Testekill posted:

Awww gently caress, Steam release better have workshop support although that's gonna be a lot of copyrighted material that the major promotions have to ignore.

Part of me thinks its shipping with originals because Early Access.

If it ends up being poo poo, the community will just call it poo poo and not migrate over. Like how everyone stuck with D when Z was shite. If there isn't an official way to share saves, I hope you can at least do poo poo with the files and poo poo on the Steam release or this may already be DOA.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Shingo Takagi on there too. Gonna destroy guys on online and be a total dick about it as is tradition.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Seth Rollins and Shingo Takagi just went 100% on my first match simmed. Successful start to the new Fire Pro season. :unsmith:

Then the online match I tried to join failed to join and forced a hard restart. :ohdear:

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Anyone having trouble playing online? All I get is a black screen after the menus. Is this a port forwarding issue? It shouldn't be because I haven't had those troubles before.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

If anyone is having trouble playing online, apparently the issue is a glitch when using characters from a custom "Federation". If you or the other player is doing that, it'll crash. for now, both players have to have their edits in SWA Face or Heel for now. This is nearly impossible to determine from random matches, so its probably best to arrange plays through forums or warn people in the chat before playing. Wouldn't be a modern game with online components without what should have been an easily viewable glitch!

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 11, 2017

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

I'm really close to using Joy2Key to map the keyboard buttons to the ps4 controller because the dumbass game keeps picking up the keyboard as player 1 with no way to fix it. Is there any other alternative to this to control player 1 with a controller natively or are these Hashtag Early Release Issues alongside not being able to select alternate attires?

Aside from these problems, and the fact that the ring sounds like landing on a wooden yoga mat, this is game of the year material. Can't wait for someone to make Mike Haggar so I can get this Haggar v. Zangief v. Biff Slamkovich WrestleKingdom main event cracking.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

http://www.mediafire.com/file/19dkwewmyyuqy1b/ppvgen2.2.zip

Before MoR mode gets added, someone from Fire Pro Arena made a nifty Show/PPV Generator. It'll make your shows (TV, minor ppv, and major ppv) and dictate a loose story to follow based on the guys and stables you place in it and give you random events that can decrease and increase a character's stats and status. It starts with a base for the WWF Attitude era, but you can manually add your own and it's not too tedious. Good substitute in lieu of the lack of a career or story mode.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 11, 2017

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Looks more fun that 2K right now. If you're gonna be broken and questionable, at least make sure to be a bit tongue in cheek to compensate. *purchases*

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Thanks for that link to the FPD edits. Especially that Benoit. Me and FPD Benoit go way back and may be the most fun iteration of him in a game. That game may still be my favorite in the series for sentimental reasons. Everything just felt riiight. :unsmith:

Should we arrange a weekly designated "online day" for us to meet and play online or pit our original edits against each other? A forums original-only E-Fed could be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

89 posted:

Can I move CAWs over from Retired to active in batch transfers yet?

If not, I'm still out

This, but also the ability to mass delete. I haven't really done anything yet and have a hodge podge of edits from when the gane first launched and would like to start over with that Steam workshop megapost just now.

Is there a way to say, 'gently caress it' and start everything from scratch?