Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I love playing Fire Pro, gets me all fired up. Don’t think that it’s for simming only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Sky Shadowing posted:

https://youtu.be/81EVlR5Fh5I

MyCareer trailer.

Holy crap... it looks good.

Aww yeah give me that extended Bray Wyatt feud that kills my heat

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
So is there an easy way to clear out my 33 pages of workshop characters in Fire Pro? I haven’t touched the game in a year and want to start fresh with the DLC

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Speaking of TEW, anyone have any tips about moving your promotion up in size? I feel like every time I do it, I end up falling back down within a week or two and it makes me delete my game in frustration.

For now I'm just maxing my company out at Cult because I'm nervous about jumping to National.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

Latest real world mod for TEW16’s been released, just in time for the AEW launch. Haven’t given it a spin but afaik it’s been made from scratch with avoiding the balance issues of the old cpt_charisma database specifically in mind (though apparently there’s been a cockup on the Japan side of the mod that will be fixed within a week). An interesting place to start a game of challenging WWE, with KENTA free from his contract and WALTER on a PPA deal ripe for the poaching.

I’ve half a mind to start up my dumb rear end magical realist Let’s Play again

Ugh now I need to resist the urge to bail on the TEW scenario I've been playing for 9 months to try the hot new thing. I need to keep my WCW scenario going!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

STAC Goat posted:

As usual the next version of TEW gradually sounds more and more awesome in small ways so that I know I'll buy it upon release and the game I'm spending so much time and energy playing now will be discarded and I'll spend the first weeks/months of the game tinkering with the broken database I try and convert over.

TEW is undeniably the nerdiest thing about me since I got excited that baseball video games were adding a Rule 5 draft and service time.

The sheer amount of time I put into any TEW makes it the best value for me in gaming

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Veryslightlymad posted:

I hope with the perception change thing in TEW, we get to see things like successful gimmick/alignment changes make a much more immediate, significant impact on how a worker is pushed/portrayed/perceived.

It always kind of bothered me when I'd assign a worker a new gimmick, they'd be rated as "Legendary", and it didn't seem to actually impact anything whatsoever. I feel like a person debuting a supposedly "Legendary" gimmick would get some serious, immediate crowd momentum, and a system like what Ryland's saying is in the new game is probably the best way to actually portray something like that. Same with if you do a turn and it's rated a "Complete success" vs a turn and it doesn't go over very well *coughdeanambrosecough*

Yeah, I agree. It’s something that I’ve always struggled with in the TEW games... it’s not outside the realm of possibility to debut a new, unknown wrestler in a main event slot in real life, but in the game it doesn’t fit into the mechanics.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Thanks for posting the TEW updates. I'm assuming he's still making this in whatever weird ancient software the previous TEWs were made in? It's a great game, but everything from the DRM to the UI is a pain.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
WWF signed away Nash and Pump in my 2001 WCW scenario, so I'm having fun burying Nash on the way out.

Not Scott though... never Scott.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Vandar posted:

I started playing Supercard on a whim yesterday.

How long before I can start getting good cards and not get my rear end handed to me all the time? The only thing I have that's actually any good apparently is a crazy strong Luke Harper, of all things. No idea how I lucked into that nonsense.

Hey welcome to the awful grind. Your best bet is to find an active team, on Reddit or otherwise . That’ll get you a stream of good cards through Team Battleground mode, as well as events.

If you can’t join an active team, I don’t think there’s a reliable way to get good cards with out spending a lot of money and time. You’ll likely delete the game out of boredom that way.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
The problem is programmers don’t know how to design a user friendly UI, and they won’t hire a designer to do it

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
In my TEW game I booked a show in Central Europe but forgot about the language barrier. Good to know Ric Flair can cut a B+ promo even if the crowd can’t understand a word he says

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I like that since its a finish I always had trouble simulating but I also like the extra people at ringside since sometimes you just want someone involved for story purposes. And the wording seems to suggest there's some kind of "Lumberjack Match" setting now.

I always just used “distraction” for that. Assign anyone I want at ringside to distract the opponent

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
So in my TEW game I rose from Cult to National, ran an episode of Nitro that got an A, ran my B-show, then fell to Cult again within a week.

This is my least favourite thing about the game.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

STAC Goat posted:

What version are you playing? I want to say Ryland addressed that in more recent versions but giving like a 10% buffer zone after you move up or down a level. And the new gave sounds like it might move away even more from the "popularity" way of things that usually caused that because you just couldn't have enough highly popular talents unless you go out and get new ones.

And B Shows don't even factor in in TEW16.

I just updated to the latest version a week ago, so I’m not sure what happened. Ah well.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

STAC Goat posted:

I think there is some box you can click to lock you into your level. That way you can build up your ratings until you feel comfortable unclicking and making the jump.

There definitely is. I did that for a while but got antsy to move up in the world, and apparently paid the price haha

Ah well I might just pick up another scenario. Anyone have anything to recommend for TEW16? Generally I like 90s-2000s

Actually, I’ve never tried a TNA scenario before. Anyone know of a good one?

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 4, 2019

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
https://www.retromaniawrestling.com/ anyone see this before? Just popped up in my feed

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

STAC Goat posted:

That's half the fun of TEW to me. Sure, sometimes i play a really long game. And sometimes I make up a diary. And sometimes I'm trying something specific and situational. But a lot of the time I'm just starting a new game and assembling a roster for fun. Then I play 3 months of game time, forget about it for 3 months real time, and then start again.

That’s how I played TEW for years, but last summer I started a WCW scenario that I’ve managed to stick with since then. I’ve made it through 3 years in-game, building up CM Punk, Kevin Steen, etc. Feels good man.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I picked up that Journey of Wrestling game again. It’s fun, the dev has been consistently adding features over the last year. It’s a nice compliment to TEW if you want something that is less deep and moves a lot quicker.

I just want him to make it into an app rather than a website, it would be perfect for playing on the subway.

I just ran an angle that generates a random feud. Now I have to do Kenny Omega vs Allie for the world title.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 13, 2019

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Taintrunner posted:

That NJPW card collecting game came out in English. It’s very dumb and way too expensive, but at least I get to collect .JPEGs of my favorite wrestlers!

Also, this ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umeHmjBFt5A

Yeah it’s really dumb and the interface sucks compared to the Topps card collection games. As far as I can tell there’s no way to just search for a card you want and find people to trade for it?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
This guy does some cool stuff with No Mercy

https://twitter.com/aki_evolution/status/1203386761411538948?s=21

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Golden Bee posted:

KING: hey JR, what do you think about all these gold dust mysteries?
JR: Frankly king, I don’t care if he lives or dies!

It then returned to the story.

Lol I remember that, it was great

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Been playing my 2004 WCW scenario in TEW... I rejoined the NWA ages ago, and it makes me smile every time some lovely indie in the NWA takes a loan on Goldberg and jobs him out. Shine on, you crazy diamonds.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

What I mean by that is that in previous versions of TEW, card position was fixed decidedly to popularity, though you could set a worker higher than their "natural" position as a kind of bargaining chip, which tended just to give the worker an attitude but wouldn't affect match ratings or anything of the sort.

In TEW2020, card position (at least for my AEW-type "modern" product) is a function of how your fed's fans view the worker, and it's 100% dynamic, no "on paper" card layout, you push who you want to push in the book and they rise through the card. Thus you can get a less well-known guy over with booking or even a big debut match. In my game David Starr, who's in the 60s in terms of US popularity currently, is a "major star" in my fed and can be put in a match with (out of retirement) CM Punk, who's in the mid-80s. Older versions of the game would drop the score of the match for that disparity, but in 2020 they get a top-tier match even so, because they're both seen as big deals by the fanbase.

I imagine this system is a lot more conducive to territory wrestling scenarios. You could get a handshake deal on a neighboring fed's top guy and, provided they're not an egomaniac, have them put over your lesser-known top guy without the game freaking out on you.

Hmmm this is making me interested in getting the game. I've put hundreds of hours into the last version, and was hemming and hawing over upgrading

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I'm in the Xbox Game Streaming beta, so I got to try WWE 2k20 for free. What a bad looking game.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

It's good OP

Yep I bought it a couple days ago and it is indeed good. The AI is definitely more competitive... when I try to sign people as an Indy, the big players swoop in with fancy guaranteed contracts

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
At first blush, I'm really liking how some of the new financial systems work. I played one month of TNA in 2004:
• I was worried about signing Sting, but I need a star to build around. His contract was around $100k. I signed a bunch of other exclusive contracts as well.
• After finishing my first month, I was happy to see I made $300k profit — my signings didn't ruin me, phew
• Checking the Merch screen, Sting is pulling in $150k a month in merchandise for me... so his contract actually isn't a negative at all!
• Putting that into perspective, my #2 merch seller is Dusty Rhodes at $8k a month. So I better take good care of Sting, and prioritize getting someone else into that neighbourhood of sales.

Having nuances like that makes the game more interesting. I looked at the Merch screen once in 2016, and left it all set to Auto.

I'm lucky in that Sting is an angel and loves making other people look good. I'm imagining a scenario where I'm dealing with someone like Hogan...

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Testekill posted:

Maybe consider making him the figurehead, it'll only improve merchandise if you keep him strong and feature him.

Good call, I'll give that a shot!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
If anyone gets Battlegrounds with the WWE SuperCard code and doesn’t want it, could you PM it my way? Yes I still play that dumb card “game”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Is there a way to start career mode over? I can’t figure it out. I want to pick a different dude.