Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

C. Everett Koop posted:

Fight Forever could have had a Star Citizen-length developmental cycle and it would still be an unplayable dreck.

It's not unplayable, the actual gameplay is very good, it's just that the game is the most barebones wrestling game you could possibly make in this day and age. Like, when MDickie games have more customization options than your game made by a studio that's been making wrestling games for like 30 years backed by a AAA publisher? That's pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

There was a point where I was convinced Yukes could do good work if they were freed from WWE's insane schedule of having to make a whole-rear end game every 9 months but it turns out no they really are just complete poo poo at making games.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I'd be fine with the gameplay if there was anything more to do with it than just doing random exhibition matches or running the like, 30 minute story mode over and over and over again when it takes at best 2 runs to see literally everything it has to offer.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Just make all the existing wrestlers clothes/hairstyles available as CAW parts god drat

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Is Boa the one that's been in NXT for like 9 years or whatever and has never been in the games or done anything of note?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

So is Universe Mode still a barely functioning piece of poo poo or what?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Does 2k24 still have the 100 caw/1000 image limit?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Lol

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

Come on, how much storage does a PlayStation even have, 100s of gigabytes? An image could be up to a megabyte!

I can only imagine at this point that the CAW/Image limit is tied to some 25 year old code from the PS2 era games that's somehow load bearing to entire game engine and if they change even a single digit it'll break literally everything irreparably.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IGgy IGsen posted:

behold, a small glimpse at the symbol of my derangement.

How much of that is automated versus entering stuff in manually?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

TEW also hates couples because I swear ever save I've ever played, every single couple breaks up within the first year or so

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Avenger3 is really the goat of Fire Pro CAWs. If you just want the current roster of any given promotion their Steam workshop collections make it really easy to grab them all.

They also do versions of each CAW that don't require DLC if you don't have it all.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Answers Me posted:

God bless this thread for making me feel slightly less insane for playing Fire Pro mostly with a spreadsheet. Although the relief lasted mere seconds before turning to ‘drat, I’ve really gotta up my game’.

I definitely need to learn how to automate more stuff cause it's a pain in the rear end manually updating this drat thing

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Was that the show where the match times on simulated matches were completely random and had no bearing on the actual length of the show so you'd have a Sunday Night Heat card with like, 4 matches in a row that all went to 57 minute count-outs somehow?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I've been playing a TEW2020 save and one of the most annoying things about it, besides the god-awful UI where it takes like 20 clicks to do literally anything, is the weird way events trigger. It feels like occasionally the game will pick a random event and trigger a poo poo-ton of it all at once rather than doing it organically?

Example: I advance forward a week and suddenly like 50 people have retired, next week every single couple on my roster gets divorced, another week everyone is getting pregnant, etc etc etc

I have no idea if it's the game itself or the database is hosed or what but it is very weird to watch happen.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

It definitely happened to me at least once in Civ 3 or 4 (it was a CG Ghandi), but the point is, number-driven procedural behavior only approaches accurate simulation by accident. They just as easily break.

From my understanding they did deliberately make Ghandi nuke-happy in Civ 5 as a reference to the rumored glitch, but every game before that it was just pure coincidence because he'd always go for the science victory so he'd just happen to get nukes earlier in the game than other leaders.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

Does anyone still play TEW or promotion wars? I’m waiting for the PW update this year that looks to make the games mechanics a lot better but it’s still fun to have basically created my own promotion

I've been trying to catch up to current day on my old 2023 TEW save and it's going really well. Mainly cause I found out that the instant you can afford to make a streaming service it just keeps making you exponential profits forever

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Cavauro posted:

how are everyones' wrestling games going? what's your big plan and story. going on.

I somehow managed to squash the CM Punk/Elite beef and put him in Bullet Club Gold with FTR and now they're doing Blood N Guts against the Elite which now has AJ Styles who WWE randomly fired for no reason right before my next PPV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

Putting Uno in means crafting the mask, getting his outfit, getting his moves and taunts. I think they should do it; I don’t think they will until he’s on a TV a lot more.

At this point I'm pretty certain AEW's given up entirely on the Dark Order so that'll probably never happen