Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They kind of look like cardboard cut outs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

.I think that whole "lockup" thing is only going to happen when two players attempt to grapple one another at the same time. Kind of like a more advance version of the one that we have on 2k14. Which if it is, I'm glad. Having to do that thing at the beginning of every match would get really tiresome, really quickly. What if I just want to do a squash?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

MrDru posted:

Anyone know why AKI no longer makes wrestling games? I would love an updated version of their wrestling engine. Def Jam Fight For NY was awesome and I just want them to make another awesome game instead of another smackdown vs raw/wwe year game.

There's no longer an AKI, that's why. Though I've wondered why no one has ever bought the engine and used it as a basis for a wrestling game.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

pressedbunny posted:

I like the broken chair legs floating on the middle rope. We've even still got the same wonky physics, hooray!

Screw the Big Swing. If Cesaro starts doing that pause in mid air after a springboard, then the WWE will have to push him!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Well, at least we know Jimmy Hart's in the game.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I don't know if this counts but there was a Von Erich family board game. Not a single person, but a single family of wrestlers.

I remember the Apter mags advertising a Gordon Solie wrestling board game in the late 80's. It cam with a record (or what, I don't know).

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I hope 2K15 randomizes jobbers with goofy CAW attire in NXT/career mode like the mystery dudes you had to defeat in Smackdown 2.

I wish they did this in Universe Mode, which the option to save the CAW after the match. I think it could keep a freshness to the game if you would randomly face people you had no clue about.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I wonder if this means that the NXT wrestlers are only going to be exclusive to the next gen systems for this mode.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Jonny Angel posted:

I'mma buy 2K15, play MyCareer, make a big loving hoss, and try to become the most popular wrestler in the world by having as many big loving hoss-offs as possible. What should my big loving hoss be named, and which big loving hoss should I target for my first big loving feud?

Big Hoss

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

I'm going to buck the trend and say you should call your big hoss Sparkle Twinkletoes, or Lenny Twilight.

Or Joey Splashwater.

Vince Russo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

So, three weeks away from WWE2K15, and very little is known except the My Career mode, and a rumored list of the Punk/Cena, HHH/HBKS storyline matches.

That's not a good sign, is it?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

triplexpac posted:

I hope no one was going into this expecting anything but a fancier 2K14, when everything we've seen so far has shown that's exactly what it'll be

I was just more interested in if there were any additional legends in the game, and if any updates had been made to the Universe mode.

edit: just found this tidbit:

quote:

The 2K Showcase Season Pass brings you more action and excitement from WWE 2K15's all-new 2K Showcase Mode. Save over 20% on three 2K Showcase Add-On Packs and receive the Exclusive Character Paige! 2K Showcase lets you relive groundbreaking rivalries and matches in this all-new single player campaign told through your gameplay and historic WWE footage!

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 7, 2014

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

I deleted them from universe mode.

:v:

I gave them their own brand.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

I thought about doing that.

Had to download a few to fill out the roster, and while in 2k14 you can finally have a Women's title be the major belt (2k13 you couldn't), you can still only have three titles (Major, Tag, Diva). The minor title spot can only be filled with a men's title.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

I've been playing No Mercy again and it has probably my favorite CAW mode. I don't have to spend a whole day applying paint layers to get am accurate likeness. Just pick a similar face and then you got a varied selection of clothes. It feels just right.

And because the in-game wrestlers were made the same way, the CAW looks and feels like one of them.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Fat Lowtax posted:

I don't want to buy a PS4 to play a WWE game (because that's a ridiculous thing to do) but 2k14 was a legit good video game, enough to make me think that they got their poo poo together post-THQ.

I don't know. They seem really reluctant about letting any info out about the game. ("Want to know the full roster? Buy the game!") I find it kind of worrying.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I am utterly baffled at the removal of Create a Finisher.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Perigryn posted:

Well, it was a nice idea at the time but animations don't really flow together, damage is generally minimal and it's open to abuse online. I'd be fine with them removing it for a year and bringing it back in an improved fashion. I'll miss the hell out of the crazy aerial/top rope moves and my Samoan Unprettier finisher though....

The removal of story designer, custom music and all the preset entrances is the baffling bit...

Yeah, the preset entrances is weird too. I'm assuming they at least kept Create an Entrance?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I cancelled my preorder for the PS3, and to be honest, and am glad I did. Because really, the roster for this game really kind of sucks.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

SO apparently, on 2k15 (at least for PS3/XBox360), you can only download TEN wrestlers from Community Creations. If you want download more, you have to EARN it by becoming ranked in online matches.

gently caress you 2K. I'm soooooooo glad I didn't buy your piece of poo poo.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I first thought the cross on his t-shirt was a sweat stain.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Phenix Rising posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw3ea2iSGC8

I love how huge the ladders are. It's like every ladder is that gigantic joke ladder Big Show used. Hopefully the gigantic steel chair is in there somewhere, too.

Well, it's good to see the wrestler models on the PS4 look like poo poo too. At least not everything's changed. AJ looks likes Punk's been beating her, Summer looks like her lips have been shown shut. And Naomi looks like a caricature. A racist caricature.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

That's a typo, right? You've got to be able to have 1 on 1 ladder matches.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

triplexpac posted:

I'm totally fine with everything being text if it means you get tons of different cutscenes and branching paths. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

But yeah, for my wrestling games I would much rather have more stuff than voiced scenes. Hell even give me stuff like Smackdown 2 where you don't even get text dialogue, let me fill in the blanks in my head haha.

Me too; unfortunately, it seems that the most vocal part of the audience demand VOs, which is why we went from the awesome season mode in HCTP to the lame ones since HCTP. I guess they hate reading or something?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

It doesn't seem to be up yet. Why they didn't put it up at midnight with the game I have no clue, but I bet it will be up whenever Sony updates the PSN store this afternoon.

They did the same thing last year. It's kind of baffling.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

How the gently caress do you import custom images into the ps4 version?

https://wwe.2k.com/wwe2k15logo/home.php

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

/\/\/\/\/\edit: That HAIR. I thought they could have fixed it for the next gen version.

You know, I don't play video games that much. I can never seem to fin the time. Not much of a gamer, in fact. The only games I do play are the Lego and WWE games. And while I've had WWE2K14 for a year now, I've only played it sparingly over the year. So while this is going to make me sound stupid, while playing WWE2K14 the last couple of days, I discovered in Universe mode that you can actually go in a edit the rankings for the championships. Sick of Tons of Funk and the Prime Time Players trading the WCW Tag belts back and forth? gently caress 'em, and move Funk to the bottom of the rankings.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Nov 19, 2014

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

89 posted:

I haven't played the game, but wow...they've come a long way from their Ultimate Warrior model.

Old:

New: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4VrZGRbNOw

The funny thing about the old version is, I never cared for his Maina 6 attires, so I went in a played around with the threads and gave him some of his more classic colors (white, blue, the good ol' RED, WHITE, and BLUE!) and it does make him look a lot better. Though it's odd; while you can edit the colors of his face paint, you can't edit the paint on his chest.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Wrong attire for Steamboat at Mania 1. Immersion ruined!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

From watching streams (I don't have a PS4) it seems the funniest part of MyCareer is that while you are an unknown NXT prospect who hasn't yet had your first match against a real person much less a title opportunity, you can have Roman Reigns or Stephanie McMahon out there managing you.

That's one thing that's always bothered me about these games, in that you can't have a dedicated manager for you character. You have to go in and select the manager option. I understand that you wouldn't be able to have a manager in some match types (anything which maxes out the characters on screen), but I wish you could create a stable, or even just a pairing, with a manager character.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

harperdc posted:

Oh my god, Supercard. How fast will this Christmas overlay get changed?

Valentine's Day is just around the corner!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Cardboard Box posted:

the best career mode ever was wwf raw for the xbox because it was entirely random and you'd end up with ric flair embroiled in a feud with lita over the world heavyweight championship

This is all I want out of a career mode. I want randomness. I understand you can't have infinite story lines, so by changing up the competitors kept it fresh. But idiots like those on IGN complained about that stuff and wanted character specific stories, so that meant every time you played through a career mode, you fought the exact same people over and over.

Give me the Punk/Cena pipe bomb storyline, but change it every time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

UndergroundHero posted:

I got 2K15 on PS3 for Christmas and while I was having fun playing it, I ran into a huge bug. During the Cena/Punk Showcase, you play as Triple H vs. Punk at N.O.C., and when I complete all the objectives and win the match, nothing happens. It gets stuck on the ring with Triple H standing there and Punk lying down and I can't do anything except try to quit the game and have my PS3 restart itself.

God, WWE takes that "HHH mustn't been shown in a weak or vulnerable position" seriously, don't they?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Testekill posted:

Nah, I was talking about the videos in your post. AKI were awesome at animating moves.

Wasn't it because they didn't use wrestlers doing motion capture?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I'm still playing 2K14, but the only thing I play is the Universe mode with my brands of original CAWs. I don't play as anyone real in the game anymore. And it's so much more fun for me that way.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Demp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdM6kCXziw0

Someone uploaded a video of all the new moves in the 2k15 DLC. A lot of cool stuff in there, especially Nakamura's Boma Ye complete with "YeahOH" taunt. Although Nick Jackson isn't really thrilled with the Young Bucks moves in the game.

That Lethal Injection looks like poo poo. Done properly, it should have the guy doing it point at the ropes and shout "Lethal Injection", do the springboard, and get countered.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Testekill posted:

Behold the hit new faction, Fourton.

The Four Bore-tons.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The #1 ranked/most over person in the world is:

282lbs and is a light heavyweight?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah the macho animations and the new stone cold ones are cool. Rainbow Madness and Beer-based offense

Also I am unreasonably upset that 2k15 didn't put the full Rude Awakening in the game. Where are my hip gyrations?!

Look, you can either have him wearing a robe for his entrance, or the correct Rude Awakening, but not both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

-modded versions of No Mercy on an emulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yNDNKVKB04

HAHAHAHA. They made Jimmy Uso a alternate costume of Jey Uso.

edit: and yet, Diego and Fernando are two separate characters!