Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

petewhitley posted:

I'm 20-0 in this stupid WWE card game

Brock Lesnar incoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Majinfoose posted:

My first super rare card was Naomi, she wrecks everyones poo poo.

Haha my first super rare was Nikki Bella, who judging from her stats could take my rare Seth Rollins in a fight.

I won my second KOTR and my entire reward for it was a common Fandango.

e: mods please change my name to 'a common fandango'

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Astro7x posted:

I just want the isolated cat calling from WWF Warzone back in my crowds... too much to ask?

King of Colosseum 2 accurately simulated the isolated squeals of "Kentaaaaaa"

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Rockpocalypse :v:

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Sockser posted:

I got my copy of 2k14 through a Totino's Pizza Rolls contest. That was neat, but they punched a hole in the UPC so there's just a big dumb hole in the Daniel Bryan cover.

"a big dumb hole where Daniel Bryan should be" reflects the current state of the WWE, though, so you should thank them

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

pressedbunny posted:

You wouldn't tolerate a racing game that perfectly simulates real driving but only features two tracks or just has the same one song on loop or whatever.

The fact that I only ever play Daytona USA with "Let's Go Away" on the soundtrack suggests otherwise

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Chewy Bitems posted:

I watched a bit of a stream of the PS4 version yesterday where it was Fandango coming to the ring with Summer Rae and Summer Rae's face is absolutely horrifying when she first dances out. been trying to find a video or picture to post here but can't find one.

I saw this as well, it's hilarious. She looks like Sweet Dee Reynolds. Idk who thought that facial expression was a good idea.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Removing custom soundtracks is the greatest of Yukes's crimes because I can't put Immigrant Song over this

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
You have to give credit to Brock Lesnar.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Nerokerubina posted:

Ryland literally just within the past week finished dev on World of MMA 4. maybe a new TEW is next for him, maybe something else.

oh poo poo, I didn't even realize they were doing WMMA4. I hope we get a next-gen equivalent of Digital Warriors and it's made by someone who isn't a tremendous Tekken mark.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Has anybody had a chance to thoroughly play WMMA4 yet, and if so, is it good? I spent a surprisingly long time playing the last one - something about having the 'story' play out emergently rather than having to worry about booking finishes and storylines and all that made it a lot less of a slog than TEW - but that's a lot of cash to drop sight unseen.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Shao Kahn must never be shown in a prone or hitstunned position

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

super macho dude posted:

Who does the bridging package powerbomb irl?

Kevin Steen/Owens, it's called the Steenalizer

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Delsaber posted:

Assuming it's successful then I don't see why not. A game this simple can't be too difficult to balance, if balance is even really a concern, so they could probably add anyone they want given the time, art assets, and likeness rights.

In a year's time we could have an alternate universe Hideo Itami who looks and plays suspiciously like Yoshimitsu.

Injustice mobile had a ton of support over time (they included a character or two that weren't even in the console game) so I wouldn't be surprised, especially if the game proves to be popular. Netherrealm in general is really enthusiastic about updating their poo poo.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
MKX is coming to PC, so who knows? Maybe somebody can mod it so that we can see Daniel Bryan chop a dude's face off.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Did you have enough stamina to do the move

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Phenix Rising posted:

I had a finisher if that's what you're asking? I wasn't aware you needed specific stamina levels to do some finishers.

Yeah, you should be able to see how much stamina a move requires when you're looking at it on your moveset menu thing. I like to do what Basic Chunnel said and call for the finisher beforehand to build stamina as they get up, that usually guarantees it.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Testekill posted:

Fucks sake, the number two atomweight in the world has gone to jail for a year in my WMMA4 game. Welp, guess I'm not getting my money match for a while yet.

the alternate universe where Michelle Waterson makes the wrong turn at Albuquerque

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
30 minutes post-release, nL is having a Money in the Bank featuring Baron Corbin, Eva Marie, and D'Lo Brown

GOTY

e: GOTY status revoked, the game refused to let them go past the selection screen

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I was able to make my cat as a wrestler therefore this is a good game

coconono posted:

Can you do an all women's show in Universe?

Supposedly you can, I remember them saying something about that on twitter pre-release but I haven't tried it yet.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Playing through showcase has reminded me that 1) the Attitude Era stuff, despite my nostalgia, was hilariously overbooked and 2) we really, really need a Kane showcase in one of these games. Teaming with X-Pac, electrocuting Shane's testicles, May 19, making plans to destroy the Undertaker, Corporate Kane, Team Hell No, the whole thing.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I didn't play the last couple generations, has switching targets in the middle of a 'stun somebody, rebound, and hit the move' finisher always been a thing? I had both members of the Ascension down and Warrior splashed the wrong one, then a few hours later this happened.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Hey so, people who have EA UFC 2

On the start screen before you go into the menu, hit up up down down left right left right O X Options to unlock Joe Rogan

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

UnfurledSails posted:

I specifically decided to play mostly as Khabib and keep wrecking people in clinches and on the ground because most people don't know what to do when they aren't standing up. When you wait and defend first it's much easier to either pass or pound them out.

You're 100% right, I usually play as Jacare and encountered the exact same thing. Most people, when you take them down, will panic and constantly try to do 'get up' transitions, so if you're patient and block transitions before starting to attack, you can make them blow all their stamina almost immediately. It's great.

Also, back side is a great position to GNP from. It's really obvious when they're trying to transition out and you can just punch them in the head every time to stop it, plus you can get a TKO from there. I learned it from watching this guy's video, he does a really good job shutting down people's ground defense.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's definitely R2/RT + Direction , but I'm not sure if you have to do it in the same direction or any.

You flick the stick in the same direction that they're going. Usually you can tell which way to go by the direction their character is moving - it takes a little while to figure out what movements correspond to what direction (lemme save you some time, when they try to butterfly guard their way out of your mount you have to flick the stick down). If you've done takedown defenses, think of a takedown as a transition. It works the same way.

Just remember that you can't hold the stick in a direction to pre-emptively defend. The controller will vibrate if you do, to warn you that you're wasting stamina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

wow, the XFL is in the game and everything