Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Is there a good place to post requests (as in not to make but to find a similar move) requests for Fire Pro. I'm working on a dumb thing and having trouble finding some more esoteric moves. I'm to the point where I'll buy steam gift cards for people to make certain moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'm playing exclusively N64 wrestling games for now and am just about to finish WCW vs nWo: World Tour. I played through Revenge first, and I'll follow up with Wrestlemania 2000, No Mercy, and then maybe some of the Japanese games if I can get my hands on them. I have a copy of Brave Spirits but I'm thinking of picking up Virtual Pro Wrestling as well.

I streamed no mercy a few times and I love this poo poo. I’ll try to stop by Thursday to share my endless wrestling and wrestling game knowledge.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Is there a new Mdickie joint coming to PC as well or is that a port of a current PC game I should go buy today?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I played one for IPad a bunch and I think the fake CM Punk died of an overdose in my first season.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I don't see where to create but I see where you can edit the hell out of everyone.
Which means it's time for a LOT of renames.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yea I had to special ref a first blood match. I had to back out.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I think the myplayer mode is weird and funny but you can probably just watch a play though.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

Even that gets pretty tedious. It's literal hours of gameplay before you get to having an actual match.

Yea it’s not with the investment but it is funny enough I think it’s worth checking some videos out.

I also do enjoy buying the games dirt cheap to scroll all the moves in the CAW mode.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

That video is so perfect but so niche few will be able to appreciate it

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I played some http recently. The in ring stuff didn’t really hold up for me but it’s so feature rich.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yea I don’t know how to fix the striking on fire pro to make it better but I love the rest of it so much it’s hard to get too mad.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the aew game chould be a MvC2 style trios fighter with screen filling special moves based on the wrestlers gimmicks and personalities.

This in all sincerity

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Lmao sting of the sting rules.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I think this happened to me in the first iPad release. The fake cm punk died of an overdose in my first year of a career mode.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Also no smart delivery. 70 bucks on next gen.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Such a wretched game but the end was worth it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The funky dlcs are brought down by every mission having a bunch of random goals (do a stomp in the corner!)

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The mdickie games are so feature packed. I wish someone could come In and make it less clunky to actually play.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

They're easier and better to play than Fire pro

Ehhhhh no. Easier maybe. I’ll give you the hit detection though.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Gavok posted:

Watching this now and their "Vince McMahon announcing the early 90's Rumble roster" voices sound like "Powered by The Cheat" Strong Bad.

This is an extremely niche joke and I love it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

If you know how to use a Gamecube emulator there's a mod called the Forbidden DOR which has a load of crazy changes/additions including Ultimate X and a Triple Cage match:

https://github.com/mileswross/Forbidden-DoR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6rgqDaae2g

This also works on real hardware and it’s great.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wrestling Empire is on sale on Steam. It looks jank but also looks fun for a budget game. Anyone willing to recommend it? It doesn't have to be good it just has to be fun.

Is that the new one? I don’t think it’s fun to play (real clunky). But seeing all the chaos makes it fun.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Bbbbreak it

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

FirePro is a direction and a button. Soft-medium-hard-finish. The timing takes getting used to but there’s no inputs to memorize.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There were a couple but it was weird. Like a Wii version of a main series and legends of Wrestlemania.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

No mercy is a bit too slow for me to go back to too much. Though it also is a bit buggy.

Not gonna know how it feels until I get to play it. Still cautiously optimistic.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Tons of good ones on the ps2. Here comes the pain is tops there. I made a super deformed strong bad in it back in the day easily.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Revenge Booker T is one of my favorite characters in a wrestling game ever. Just all high impact moves.

Unrelated: I wish we would have gotten prime Lesnar in an Aki game

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium was my introduction to Fire Pro. Even without hacks, it is extremely customizable for a game of its era.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Samoa Joes Cyber arm

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

No mercy on actual hardware these days feels glacially slow. Thankfully it runs pretty well on PC now. Grab yourself a USB N64 adapter.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

For as good as VPW2 is, it doesn't have the table or ladders.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I’ve been playing FirePro literally half my life but I get how it would be hard to jump into now. I rarely use strikes other than grapple strikes.
However it is easy to lose yourself in the workshop and simming matches.

Mpire is wild and full of features but I don’t see how anyone enjoys the controls — unless it’s just for mercilessly beating what might as well be a absent second player.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Did they pull 2K22 off the PlayStation Plus service? My copy doesn't work anymore and lol, it's listed as $79.99 in the store, same price as the new game.

Wasn’t it just a demo?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

2k blue and red. It’s right there !

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

More like the wait is forever!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I was getting stadium stampede ads a week or so ago. So their advertising budget has me targeting me and only me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

If you’re a pro member, aew ff is
20 at gamestop today