Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

John Cena posted:

hogan is only in the special edition

Correction, Hollywood and Modern Hulk Hogan are Special Edition. Classic Hogan is DLC in the Ultimate Warrior 2K Showcase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

They took out the Brood entrance? Booooooo.

They took out most of the left over actual wrestler entrances out.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Every shut up, here's the true King of Video Games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZOd2rzn1H4

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Trust me dude, I'm playing 2K15 on the PS3 and the models on next gen look much different. The Bray Wyatt model looks pretty bad on Next Gen though compared to PS3/360. the PS4/Xbone one just looks off.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There is video of Xavier Woods on this page from PS4/XBONE. In 2K15 on the PS3 Woods skin is lighter and his gear looks washed out. All the models in 2K15 for PS3/360 look like they are missing textures or something. Playing and watching Bray Wyatt in 2K15 on the PS3 i can tell you he looks better than the PS4 version simply because his face is way too wide on the PS4. Big E's model in 2K15 from the same video posted a few posts up looks miles better than him in the PS3 version. The Arena's look more lively and different. A lot is different between 2K15 on PS3 and 2K15 on Next Gen, trust me.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

there was one wrestling game that had a single dumb fan that would chant "this is awesome" by himself and i won't buy another wwe game until that makes a comeback

I am a supporter of the "Put 'em in a bodybag!" guy.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
That's not the attire HBK wore....

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gavok posted:

In other news, a few months ago, I asked for help on this article on weird wrestling video game moments. Unfortunately, since it wasn't topical, my editors shelved it for later. With WWE 2K15 out, they finally posted it. Thanks again for everyone who gave me a hand with that.

The 25 Weirdest Moments in Wrestling Video Games

The best thing about the Druid Taker storyline is that if you lose the match at Wrestlemania a bunch of Druids show up after the match, and you can fight them. You can't beat them though. You are already weakened and they are damage sponges. Eventually you get KOed and a cutscene plays of the druids surrounding and beating you down. Then they stop surrounding you and its revealed you have become a druid and you leave to the back with the rest of the druids.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

John Cena posted:

majority of the caw community is waiting for the pc version, a lot just left outright over the removal of the creation suite. im gonna wait to see how much the pc version can be tinkered with.

How many stuck with PS3 and Xbox 360.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

Got to my match for the NXT title in MyCareer mode. Went in for the stupid chain wrestling mini-game with Neville and it glitched into me doing the ankle lock on him with no way to actually tap him out or break the hold. Great job, Yukes.

E: Also where the gently caress is Paige? I bought the stupid special edition before they announced all the cuts and she was supposed to be a day 1 thing, but she's not there.

They lied about the Day one thing last year too with the Outsiders. Odds are she'll be downloadable when the first DLC pack is out.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Was this for a current gen or next-gen system?

Next Gen. All that wacky poo poo is still in PS3/360.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

drat, I might grab 2K14 though, it sounds pretty good after giving it a look over.

How about the UFC games? I haven't played one of those in ages either, have they made any good career modes as of late?

UFC 3 is pretty standard career mode I guess. that's the last UFC game on Ps3.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

They released a patch for WWE 2K15

Day 1 Paige DLC still not up to download.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Also your NXT guys will be doing garbage ratings so prepare to suffer from guys like Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn getting F matches all the time

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
At least in my save where i split NXT and WWE it is set that NXT isn't popular at all, only travels florida(obviously) and all the roster has low stats on purpose so you dont get bombarded with call ups in WWE right away.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

I LOVE TEW but I find the AI to be crap, the rate of change worse (Stardust still teaming in 2019) and the move me to main roster developmental emails excessively annoying.

I wish there would be a way to turn off all the developmental deal emails or make it more specific when its time to call a dude up because at least EWR was more obvious about it and it wasn't the wrestler themselves complaining

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
you should post PS3/360 DDP too. That CAW's face looks like crap btw.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Optimist with doubt posted:

If only the game was available on devices that people could very quickly and easily take screenshots from and show you

Some people still do not know they can do this.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Bhester posted:

2k is officially the worst.. next week they'll be releasing their moves DLC pack which is $3.99 and not part of the season pass which means that they will have released 2 extra DLC packs without giving the people who paid for the season pass any of the stuff they paid for.

They announced this all ahead of time. There should be one more non season pass of wrestlers. If they are stalling on season pass DLC because they think people will pick it up later then it is stupid.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
More Bang For Your Buck isn't even that impressive of aerial moves. You've got Adrian Neville busting out corkscrew moonsaults and imploding 450s on WWE programming.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
gonna have to see that MPire Rumble then. Did they try to spice it up by blowing up the ring constantly?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Perry Normal posted:

That's some badass artwork. Good av material, if nothing else. If I was thinking about changing mine, this would be an immediate contender.

Gig Me Like the Butcher.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
So the Christian 2K Showcase DLC gives you an extra Del Rio, Mark Henry, Sheamus, and Randy Orton. However the Mark Henry 2K Showase DLC seems to give you an extra Daniel Bryan, Usos, Big Show, Kane, Ryback, Sheamus, Mark Henry, and Randy Orton. Then there is the Warrior 2K Showcase DLC that gives you an extra Warrior, Hogan, Taker, and HHH. So in total with the DLC ones and the already in game versions there are multiples of these characters: 2 William Regals(Next Gen only), 2 Stings, 2 Ultimate Warriors, 2 HHHs, 2 Undertakers, 2 CM Punks, 2 Batistas, 2 Chris Jerichos, 2 Jimmy Usos, 2 Jey Usos, 2 Rybacks, 2 Big Shows, 3 Kanes, 3 Alberto Del Rios, 3 Hulk Hogans, 3 Mark Henrys, 3 Daniel Bryans, 3 Sheamuses, 4 Randy Ortons.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There is left over debuging text in the objectives during one of the matches in Christian's 2K Showcase on PS4.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Speaking of spending more money on 2k15, the Mark Henry Showcase mode DLC comes out Tuesday so you can unlock the same two 2011 versions of Orton, Sheamus, and Henry along with a 2nd 2011 Smackdown stage. Also you get brand new character The Great Khali!!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

triplexpac posted:

I find it kind of crazy that THQ would decide that a Mark Henry storyline mode is something that people would pay for.

2K. The Christian one is worse and more repetitive than the Henry one I'm sure and actually has you play as the title character of the Showcase unlike Christian's.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

Christian was okay. Starts hot and then goes out in a whimper.

Mark Henry one is also okay. The big lumbering guys aren't very fun to play with in these games.

You're playing it on PS4/Xbone right? They are probably much more weak with their mobility compared to PS3/360's stamina system.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
This is Evolved Orton and I kind of don't get his theme unless its Bane related. Are Kane and Rock the only guys without 2nd characters?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

pressedbunny posted:

I know we thought the last eight games were going to be good and they all sucked, but come on guys, this year it's going to be great and if you don't pre-order you're stupid and if you dare say this game falls anywhere below expectations you are actually Hitler.

'12, '13' and 2K14 were all fine games.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The NXT character DLC for 2K15 comes out on Tuesday so get ready for NXT stars Emma, Adam Rose, The Ascension, and JBL!!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I feel like we need to talk about this game that is apparently out on PS3.

(Jonny "the Bull" Miavia is the one's full name) Last one is Benoit.

and some of its themes. https://soundcloud.com/5-star-wrestling

This one specifically though: https://soundcloud.com/5-star-wrestling/ready-to-rage-5-star-wrestling

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
People like to mod garbage into interesting things.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TealShark posted:

Holy poo poo, the refs in the vintage WWF arenas wear the classic blue shirts. That's a touch I was not expecting.

2K14 was really cool about this.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

Rick Rude's entrance took me totally off guard. It's really the best thing in the whole game.

Has to be to make up for how terrible 2K14 Rick Rude was.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I like how General Adnan is actually playable even though 2K said he wasn't.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CVagts posted:

Which version of Fire Pro Wrestling Returns has a more easily accessible and up-to-date roster file, the PS2 version or the PSN version?

PSN. It's all digital files. All you need is a USB and a possibly a program or two to convert a file to the proper one.

With a PS2 you world need a PS2 memory card adaptor for your computer I believe and a max replay cheats disc or something similar. That all costs more money compared to dling a few programs.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CVagts posted:

I have a cheat device and the programs for PS2 saves I think. I was just curious if either community was more up-to-date with the roster files.

They are all the same community

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GenericMartini posted:

Though there's more files for the PS2 version than the PS3 version. I know the only current packs for the PS3 are the DJKM 2015 starter pack. There's way more variety in PS2 save packs than the PS3 ones.

To be fair all that takes is the right programs to transfer or begging people to do them for you.