Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So if the last-gen 2k15 versions don't have the career modes what's the default "campaign"? Is it another classic match marathon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Your hoss should be Clarence Beeftank.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So I cannot train in SC anymore- it crashes the app every time.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Blasmeister posted:

Most times a crash bug will be fixed by deleting the whole app and redownloading.

Will that get rid of my data?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Was playing Halloween Havoc on 2k14 and I did not realize it was possible to grab guitars from the audience and hit people with them.

I'll say this for the game, it keeps surprising me.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Dammit, WWE, hotshotting the belts is not going to help your popularity!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So I downloaded a CAW of Beth Phoenix for 2k14 some time ago and only recently noticed what I thought was a graphical glitch resulting in some unfortunate upskirt shots when pinning someone. Today I finally decided to fix it by just giving her some pants.

It was not a glitch. The uploader, in addition to giving her the right costume and finishers and all that, had somehow used the body art tools to "erase" her default underwear and give her visible pubic hair.

Wrestling fans, people. We're the worst.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Every time I get reminded of something 2k15 took out it surprises me.

I know they had to focus on graphics because A) new consoles and B) 2k14 looked so bad, but this may rival the Sim City remake for cool things you can't do anymore.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
2k14 has a lot of maddening little flaws and glitches, but is a fun e-fed simulator, which is why it's so disappointing that 15 not only fixes nothing beyond the graphics but actually does less.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
You can kinda tell that they didn't have CM Punk on hand to work with, unlike some of the others. AJ is really close to what she looks like, her husband... not so much.

The audience is straight out of the Uncanny Valley, though.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Okay now 2k14 is getting into this weird habit of having every tag match feature:

A) one team member turning on the other and leaving them to face the other two alone

B) After the match, the abandoned member helps someone on the other side beat up THEIR partner

I turned off "Tag Team Breakups/Creation" in Universe mode so I have no idea why it's doing this so often. I was able to make it work in storyline once but it's happening way too often.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, there's some talk (though may be mostly fans thinking this) that they're having Nikki keep the Divas belt so long specifically to break her record, but beyond that there doesn't seem to be any ill will as with Punk. She left when her contract expired and is not competing with or badmouthing them, so they'll happily keep making money off her image.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I do wish someone would make a wrestling game that understands it's more about the back and forth. I'm always disappointed when a 2k14 match becomes a beatdown, even when I'm the one administering it, and I find myself trying to give the CPU opportunities to get a few moves in at least.

You'd have to go way beyond the makeup of a traditional sports or fighting game, and set things up so that the fight will always swing back and forth, while still "keeping kayfabe" enough to let the outcome hinge on your skill.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
More importantly why isn't Show's Truck the one he had at Halloween Havoc 1995.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

Ah yes, lovely systems like "use proper timing and reflex to escape" as opposed to the much better system of "loving MASH AS HARD AS YOU CAN EVERY TIME BECAUSE WE DON'T GIVE YOU ANY INDICATION IF YOURE DOING IT WELL ENOUGH"

Not that the button mashing is superior but the kickout system is kinda hard to catch on at first.

Granted it didn't help that 2k14 is poo poo at introducing you to its mechanics. You can go to a tutorial via the pause menu but they really should have had you learn the basics right off. (Can't speak for 2k15.)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
BRB gonna make someone with a chin lock as their finisher

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So apparently every even numbered game is going to have the wrestlers look like strange plasticine monstrosities?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

Early tip: play Elimination Chamber matches. There's a reason they've been removed from the default PPV types.

One of the few times I played 2k14 online it was an EC match and it glitched in such a way that a wrestler was pinned but not eliminated which made it impossible for the match to actually ever be finished.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
With smaller companies I run into the issue of day-by-day there not being much to do between shows, and I wonder if I should be doing more because obviously this is the pace the game set, etc. That and the precise book-to-the-minute nature of the shows themselves always slow things down for me. It's very hurry-up-and-wait.

My dream wrestling sim would be way more like The Movies or similar Tycoon games, abstracted enough that you can theoretically play through an entire promotion's history in a reasonable amount of time but still get to book major storylines and matches and have interesting surprises. But it's such a niche I can't imagine anyone taking the time to make it happen (and the Movies didn't even do that well).

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yet another random thing I never encountered in 2k14:

During an Elimination Chamber match I had one CAW for whom the announcer and commentary name was "The Monster", and the audience started chanting "Monster's gonna kill you!"

Also for the record, Wade Barrett won (independent of my control) and will challenge Ric Flair for the WHC at Wrestlemania.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Rollersnake posted:

I'm still disappointed we lost a whole bunch of features with WWE '15, and who knows how long it'll take to get most/all of them back? WWE '13-'14 was the first time I felt I was playing the best available wrestling game since the days of Here Comes the Pain. I'm still designing new characters in WWE '14 and am off-and-on working on a storyline, but it sucks having to keep it all to myself.

I know it's silly/spergy, but does anybody else build whole rosters of original characters? I have one guy ("Mercury" Marcus Cortez) who's been in every wrestling game I've owned since WWF Warzone. :unsmith:

I sometimes import or try to create actual wrestlers but original characters are way more my focus.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Steve Vader posted:

"Feral 50s Housewife" is also a good gimmick.

Maybe I need to spend less time downloading The Killer Bees and The Young Stallions and more time making up stupid people to fight.

I have one female wrestler with a 50s gimmick- she was originally a babyface technician type but the game did one of those random "abandon a tag partner" scenes when she was teaming with Kaitlyn, so I turned her heel, had her join the faction they were fighting, and gave her JD gear.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

ParanoidInc posted:

"various Sheamus based tag teams" is a magnificent phrase

I hope he's in multiple teams at once, like Wolverine.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Lesnar Mode is an unlockable cheat that turns every attack into a suplex.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

It was nice of them to give the 2k14 graphics engine another shot.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Charlotte's last day in my company, she's dropping our women's title on her way out. What's this? Her opponent broke her leg and they audibled in the ring to her tapping out to the Figure 8? :argh:

The Dirtiest Player in the Game.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

remusclaw posted:

When I was still on last gen, mixed tags were completely broken, at least from 2k15 up. Every time I would do one the computer would get itself disqualified by intergender violence.

I always found it weird that they handled it that way. The point of not having intergender matches and such is to conform to the WWE's policy of not showing male-on-female violence, but the game doesn't forbid that outright, it just disqualifies people for doing it. Like you'd figure they'd program it so that the switch is basically automatic and there's no way of actually hitting a woman as a male character.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah this does not seem like the pro-est of presentations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
When I joked about them bringing back 2k14's graphics I thought I was exaggerating for comic effect.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

this game is going to continue looking bad until they drop the ps3/360 versions. also because this series is loving abhorrent.

2k15 and 16 apparently had better graphics, but fewer CAW options.

Basically every iteration of the game, they can improve one thing, but it'll come at the expense of something else. As long as wrestling games are a niche of a niche they're not going to have AAA money to make big advances in everything that needs to be improved.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Castor Poe posted:

What's a good name for a hairy, mustachioed, beer gutted 1980's jobber dressed like Rockers era Shawn Michaels?

Billy Bob Idol

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

One apparent note, going by official forum complaints - as of now you cannot edit title matches in Universe mode, doing so will simply add a duplicate match with the newly chosen participants to the card. You can book extremely long and confusing PPVs this way.

Vince Russo Simulation Edition

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I've missed out on Fire Pro before so I'll see if my laptop can run this one. Hopefully it's not too much of a graphical upgrade.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Again, there needs to be a wrestling booking sim that's not quite as insanely hardcore realistic, more on the level of the Rollercoaster Tycoon games or The Movies or Theme Park. Something that lets you play at e-Feds while not having to book minute by minute.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah they'll never have the money or time to really go in and rebuild it all from the ground up. They try a lot of little things and sometimes it works but it's never great.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Now my question is how easily I'll be able to model Zoya the Destroyer.

(And WWE 2k18, same question.)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Is this supposed to be based on what the actual people are like? Is Asuka rumored to do a lot of undermining of her colleagues?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

The mixed-gender wrestling thing sounds unusual, since it's something that WWE are not likely to reintroduce in the foreseeable future. Wonder if the reporter is phrasing that wrong.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Just started with it. The laptop runs it, chugs a little, but seems to work so far.

It's pretty fun! I have not played a Fire Pro game but it seems like what I was hoping it would be, a fast-playing, sorta arcadey wrestling game. The AI is good and responsive.

CAW- I do wish it did asymmetry more easily, letting you have a lopsided costume (I was trying to recreate Zoya's costume from GLOW, which has one normal sleeve and one that's detached). And yeah going through the moveset is a bit of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
It could definitely be a little bit more "New to Fire Pro? Here's how to get started", but that may be something they're working on.

Is there going to be a way to import or make artwork/logos/etc.? I want to have my e-fed's brand on every apron.