Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wish there was some recycling system in Immortals. Some way to take my bronze Show and Kane and Nikki and all these other cards I have but will never use, grind them into a nutritious slurry, and use it to empower HHH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I only had one gold pull and it was Trish as well.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

Will Christian spitting in Orton's mouth and winning by getting hit in the nuts be rendered in engine, though?

I hope it's a QTE!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

triplexpac posted:

I tried playing Smackdown vs Raw 2006 the other day (I think it was that one anyway)

I started up season mode, they booked me against HHH with Flair as his manager in the first match.

HHH immediately tosses me out of the ring, and I don't remember the controls well enough to reverse anything so Flair proceeds to take me down and do his really long "strut for 5 seconds then kick the leg" move a couple times, causing me to get counted out.

Sounds like a pretty accurate 2005 experience.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm sad to hear that, as I had planned to pick up EA UFC with the PS4 I want to get next month. Granted I've only seen streams, no trigger time, but it looks gorgeous and didn't seem to play that differently from Undisputed 3, which I loved. No Pride mode is a little annoying though.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Everyone here seemed to be very up on the Hall of Pain as it was happening.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Now I haven't played SuperCard in a while but are you complaining that when you manipulate the rules to gain an advantage (that's what sandbagging is right? Getting higher tier cards into a lower tier?) you then have an advantage against people who haven't done that? Seems like an evident solution.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Delsaber posted:

Game Dev Story/Game Dev Tycoon might also come close.

I would play a Kairosoft game about running an indie fed so fast.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Freddie Blassie rules idiot

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

2K is making a phone version of WWE 2K15

http://www.wwe.com/inside/2k/wwe-2k-new-mobile-game-ios-android-27236116

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

I like how General Adnan is actually playable even though 2K said he wasn't.

Hey now you can't expect a busy company like 2K to keep track of tiny details like whether a character they just shipped is playable. You're being unfair.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

epitasis posted:

yes, what is the weird situation?

The weird situation will be that roster is outdated like every other game in the last 30 years.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Can you inject animes yet? If not no deal

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Aurain posted:

A "Be Scott Steiner" story mode and they have my money.

Includes dedicated HANH?? button and optional "convicted of terrorist threats" side mission

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

triplexpac posted:

And who could forget the incredible Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan match from Bragging Rights 2010??

I 100% agree with your point but that match was super duper rad, and deserves to be pointed to as such.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Paige, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, Bad News Barrett, and Finn Balor confirmed for 2K16.

They aren't going to let you choose between Human Finn and Demon Finn, are they? Because that would be haaard.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If Owens isn't in I'll be real mad

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I wonder who the "hasn't been here for 3 years but is still in" talent will be. I hope it's Punk or ADR just for the hilarity: I'm sure Gabriel will still be around.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Which year featured the Undertaker using Super Magic to control Finlay's brain, and Candace Michelle transforming you into a generic lady? 07? That was the best of the SVR story modes.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ZDar Fan posted:

They should go back to making games where this can happen

This gif should be the whole of 2K16's design document.

E: also take the invisible walls off the Cell roof please. Let us fall freely and with abandon.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

I still think we should go with the MOBA thing and have characters sorted by grappler/technician/garbage wrestler/etc.

One of the SVR games did this, giving all the wrestlers classes with specific technique systems.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Newly confirmed for 2K16:
Baron Corbin

No buys.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Ultimate Crack Smoking Warlock was I think from WWE 13.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Niwrad posted:

Weren't dirty pins in the game like 5 years ago? It's funny seeing "new features" added that the game had in the past.

You're not supposed to know that.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Was that the same one that had Black Man Eliminator?

It was. You could also be the Southern Gun Justice Executioner.

http://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/wwe13/guides/wwe-13-create-a-superstar-stable-tag-team-call-names-full-list

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I kinda liked the opposed mashing system in All-Stars where the guy getting pinned mashed to fill the bar that the guy pinning was mashing to extend.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If I'm reading that correctly they are using Virtual Pro Wrestling style reversal tokens, instead of a timing based reverse button. That's a big change.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah! I hope they add the WCW wooden chairs for his head.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Skunkrocker posted:

Not The Giant.

Not Big Show.

Paul Wight.

...what does it mean?

He debuted as Paul Wight in WWE. Then he rapidly became The Big Show, Paul Wight, and then just the Big Show. So it's debut, black trunks Show.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

While I liked the instant Rumble eliminations, I loved being able to do any move off any side of the cell or backstage ledges at any time. That's the thing I most miss from the old Smackdown game engine. Mr. McMahon, tear down this (invisible) wall!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

Was Victor announced before Konnor?

I really hope not. It would be amazing if they just put Konnor in, no Victor.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I must confess to not being familiar with Mikey Whipwreck, other than the name. He was kinda a can't catch a break gimmick, right? I remember people saying Colin Delaney was just a Whipwreck clone. I'm glad other people seem happy about it though.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah I never get people who get all particular about entrances. I always turn them off after the first maybe 20 minutes. In this one I'll probably watch like Demon Finn and maybe the Vaudevillains, give other people those entrances a couple times for laffs, then ignore it forever. That's just my take though.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I just realized looking at that screenshot that we are, through Austin mode, going to suffer through one million years of Austin/Kane/Taker WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON, which were all somehow compressed into the summer of 98. It wasn't good.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

RBX posted:

It wasn't good if you were over 10 years old maybe, that stuff is peak nostalgia for me

Personally, I hope his match with Steamboat from Clash 17 is in, although it may not be so they don't have to show Steamboat's injury. Also a bunch of Dangerous Alliance stuff. It's a shame that the Sting's Squadron vs Dangerous Alliance War Games from WrestleWar 1992 won't be in.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

That's why it's astounding to me when people are like "what did you expect, it's a yearly game series, a year isn't long enough for a good game", like good Maddens haven't happened or good NHL games or HCTP/SVR 06/SVR 08

Or, more relevantly, every single NBA 2K (and MLB 2K, rip) game ever. I was super excited when 2K got the license because they are the best in the world at this. Unfortunately the quality of their shoot sports titles does not seem to have translated fully.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The thing is Yukes made the great SYM/HCTP era games too. What happened at that studio between HCTP and SVR that injected them with a lethal dose of poison?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

Best guess would be that the DLC planning was set in stone with whatever deal WWE and 2k made, and 2k decided to stop shelling out for the production phase, so the new Divas were cut before they could be implemented. Yuke's clearly planned on including them and there's no reason why WWE would nix their inclusion. I don't see any other explanation.

Yeah there's absolutely no reason or precedent for WWE not liking or featuring women. You'd have to be an idiot to think that.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

let's shove Yukes into the sea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

According to the GameFly ad for WWE 2K16 there are three reasons you should play it.

1. 120 characters pre-DLC! That's pretty rad!
2. Tornado tag matches! Oh.
3. 2v3 matches! Oh.