Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Gaz-L posted:

...OK that was dumb

(Dumb enough that Volition made fun of it Saints Row)

Awesome Button is the greatest innovation of our time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

A lot of people aren't leveling up their Paige's before combining them.

And at my tier, I'm seeing lots of UR Pro, Epic, and even Legendary Divas.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Sockser posted:

How the hell does the AI choose cards in KotR? Two tournaments in a row I've been hosed in the first round of the tournament because it chose ADR instead of the Rock for a charisma match (a 50 point loving difference)

Maybe the one on the left first?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Regardless of which side wins the challenge, whoever wins those first-place cards is gonna be unstoppable.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I'm content to keep my rank hovering around 2,000. If I can get the pair of Epic Brocks, I should be sitting pretty.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

On the plus side, I'm gonna have a ton of cards to feed to my prize(s).

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I have completed 6,504 matches, and the game says it has given me my UR Paige, but it hasn't! :argh:
edit: it popped up in my collection after I quit the game and booted it back up.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Jonny Angel posted:

I continue to have Superdumb questions about Supercard, and am grateful to all the goons that put up with them:

1) How do the 1/3/5 difficulties for People's Champ work? It seems intuitive that the difficulties would be at least partially static, so that someone with a strong deck is actually rewarded. When I fight 1's, it's mostly dudes with non-pro SR's and pro Rares, and I have something like a 95% win rate. My win rate against 3's, on the other hand, is about 25%, since they tend to have pro SR's or at least really good ones with levels in the 20's. Have you guys been finding that it scales?

2) Speaking of scaling, I did very well in my first SR division KotR, getting 1st seed and eventually finishing second because getting a Rare support didn't seem like it was worth using boosts or energy refills. I was just barely into the division in terms of deck strength when I started, but trained a lot during it. Now my SR bar's about halfway full, and the new KotR I've started is kicking my rear end. Is this just luck of the draw, or does KotR scale within divisions? Obviously I'll be fighting SR opponents in the SR division, but if my bar is barely filled at the start of the tourney, will I only be fighting guys whose bar is also barely filled?

1. Difficulty is determined by the person's deck strength. Therefore, decks with 1 will be easier to beat.
2. It's luck. People can stack their deck with two or three good cards and fill the rest of it with junk cards to drop their overall deck strength to cruise through lower tiers.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Go to bed: rank in the 1,300s.
Wake up: rank in the 4,400s.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

It also allows you to sort by rarity. Like, hit the train button, show only Commons, train, repeat with Uncommons.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I hope that leaderboard spots become less fluid when it gets closer to the end. I don't want to go to sleep when there's a few hours left worrying about whether or not I'll get the pair of Epic Brocks.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Telex posted:

If it's anything like the last pointlessly grindy bullshit I tried (the Marvel game) it gets more intense at the last minute rather than less. That one had a time limit to how much you could do in a certain amount of time though and I guess there's no p2w component for this thing so maybe that won't happen.

I doubt it though. If these people have time to grind out 1,000+ games in a day on the first day, I'm pretty sure they're going to grind out the same amount or more on the last.

I think I might be right since I only dropped about 500 spots last night, compared to 3,000 from the night before.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I'm getting tired of constantly hitting the card limit. People's Champ needs to end so I can feed all of these drat Rares to my prize!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I never thought I would say this, but I'm starting to regret getting the pair of Epic Brocks over the UR ones. As soon as I put him in my exhibition deck, I became unable to win at all. I win the match I use him in, but lose the others.
Maybe that will change when I get the second UR Cena from the Ladder.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

interpunct posted:

I got my first non-support Legendary from the People's Champion Challenge, but I'll never be able to make it a Pro. Anything involving Speed and/or Charisma is a problem against Epic Pros but dude's still a beast at level 40:

In all honesty, I wanna see the stats on that Pro, because they have to be INSANE.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

SilverMike posted:

According to the updated spreadsheet, it's a beastly 1991/1933/1610/1782.

For reference, that means without procs and support, only Pro Austin/Hogan/Rock/Ultimate on Charisma and Guerrero/Michaels/Mysterio on Speed have any chance of taking a game from him.

:stare:
Sweet Jesus.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

My deck has gotten a lot stronger in the last few hours.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I really need a Diva upgrade. I'm tired of my SR Pro Paige losing most of the time.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Chinook posted:

Back in my day, we'd have given our lives for a SR Pro Diva. I had an Uncommon Pro Natalya for ages, well into ultra rare rank. By golly.

I know, but I'm in Legendary, and most of the Divas I'm encountering are at least UR Pro.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I will say that they are right about why Cena should have won the PCC.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

BlueArmyMan posted:

Who's that?

The people on the 2K forums. They say that Cena should have won because his cards have better stats, which is a fact.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

My luck has changed a bit. In the last 24 hours, I have gotten an Epic Ryback (boo) and Epic Flair (woo) from random drops.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Edit: Just got an alert saying a new People's Champion is coming soon. I hope it's Seth vs Dean :allears:

I'm hoping for an older feud. Something along the lines of Austin vs. Rock.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Why cookie Rocket posted:

If they ever had an Undertaker premium I will probably have to fake my own death so I can have the time to take that #1 spot.

Undertaker vs. Overgiver HBK. :allears:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Just a quick SuperCard observation: All four members of Evolution have their triangles facing in a different direction.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Kaskadan posted:

SR Paige has completely homoginized the Diva's division from UR onwards...my maxed out pro AJ was almost unbeatable right up to UR++ until they introduced Ladder Rewards.

I don't know what you mean about "onwards", unless you mean "UR-Epic", because I'm in Legendary right now, and hardly ever run into anyone with her.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

The Goog posted:

Has anyone else been experiencing a huge number of crashes recently? It's gotten to the point where I can't train cards at all, plus the game will crash at random.

Only when I try to feed a large number of cards all at once.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

There's a guy in my Epic KOTR the at least three Pro Legendaries. I'm guessing he's just trying to complete his catalog.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Managed to qualify for that KOTR, and got an Epic Naomi out of it. And, I am now in a Legendary one, so I can get Epics with zero effort.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

It's all fun and games until you're forced to fight the Crack Smoking Warlock.

ULTIMATE Crack Smoking Warlock. :colbert:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Goddamn it, 2K! You just HAD to do this the same weekend that the new Smash Bros comes out?! :argh:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I am totally gonna try for a PCC Jericho. I could use a better left triangle than my Epic HHH.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Sono posted:

I'm going to settle for the 2xUR Diva. I can't invest the time to get the Legendaries, and I'm not having much difficulty getting 2xEpics from KoTR.

If they had a Divas PCC, I'd be playing it for 48 hours straight and throwing dimes at title belts to get something better than Pro SR Paige.

I'm sure I will play enough matches over the weekend to get me close to UR Pro Paige.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I hope I get a dupe Epic from my current KOTR. Especially a Naomi. Epic Pro Naomi would solve most of my problems.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

My KOTR let me kill two birds with one stone. I was able to get a Pro Epic AND a better left triangle!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Question: After KOTR, do you get everything in your rank or everything in your rank and below?

No.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

The algorithm or whatever determines how many points a PCC match is worth must be messed up. I had one +3 match where the guy sent out three Commons and a Rare, and another where they sent out three Pro Legendaries.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Telex posted:

anyone in the 5000-20,000 rank right now and can give me a rough idea of how much grind I have left to do? I'm at 30k right now, hopefully I can grind out enough to hit the divas.

I'm a lot higher than that, but I've been grinding all day and only moved up 500 spots.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Giving up on winning a PCC Orton. After grinding for ten hours and only moving up 500 spots, it's becoming obvious that I'm not gonna move up the additional 1,000 needed to get it. If nothing else, Epic Pro Cesaro will help me out in KOTR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I'm starting to reach the point where I actually have to put in effort in my KOTRs. :smith: