Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Panama Red posted:

-You'll need a minimum of 4 promotions with 6 wrestlers to start Promoter mode. 24 total wrestlers.

That is a hell of a lot better than the 100-150 Wrestlers required that I'd read a week or two back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

KungFu Grip posted:

are you just using the base roster or ????

I want to use/make my only own edits. Maybe.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Has Spike announced a release date for the Manager DLC for Fire Pro World yet? Not much of January left...

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Apparently Fire Pro Wrestling World's Management DLC has been delayed, no mention that I found for how long. However the reason for the delay is to add the ability to add/edit wrestlers during the management game mode instead of having every wrestler fixed at the start.

https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/958146999529820160

https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/958148339790364672

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Carlzilla's mod suite for Fire Pro World apparently can let you decide which fighter wins and which move, apparently by simply making it so no other move can score a pin/submission.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Veryslightlymad posted:

Instead of making it so a specific move finishes a match, can you set it so no one taps out to a Single Leg Boston Crab?

Yes, the mod be set so that submissions cannot cause a submission unless they're a Signature/Finisher, so rest hold away!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

NJPW is tweeting about Fire Pro at least. :v:

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/969091841906782209
"The schedule of "Fire Pro Wrestling World Presents BEST OF THE SUPER Jr.25" is decided! The opening is May 18th (Friday) & Sunday 19th (Saturday) Korakuen 2 consecutive battle! The winning decision fight is also held at Korakuen on Monday, June 4!"

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 13, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

NJPW has also added them to their sponsor walls and stuff, so I doubt FPWW is gonna be dropped or anything. I DO think the NJPW partnership was a bit unexpected and has caused a bit of a shuffling of plans compounded by delaying the Management mode to implement to player feedback.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah FPW Arena has some good info on edit logic. Enough for me to make some entertaining wrestlemans. Speaking of which, I should really get back to making logic for some of the ones I designed lately, but I've been kind on standby until management mode comes out.

Still, I got a poster I need to finish! I got enough dudes to actually fill out the slots, I just gotta logic em. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Decided to start working on Logic for a dude in FPWW and I have to keep reminding myself a 75-uper80s% matching rating isn't really a bad rating, lol [edit] Especially since I'm using my straight-shooting fast-count ref instead of my "main event" ref who is slower and looser with the rules.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 14, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Do you guys have any good examples of stuff you do with priorities? So far I've stuck to pretty basic things with them. Stuff like making sure someone goes for a pin after a finishing move, giving them good odds (50-80%) of doing a stomp after doing a stomp (so they really wail on a downed opponent with a series of stomps), the occasional taunt after specifics moves, and potentially doing a "rest hold" after certain throws (I'm using some of carzilla's mods so non-signature holds can't cause submissions).

unimportantguy posted:

Honestly, I frequently see matches in the 70%-80% range that I think are way better than matches that the game will give 95%-100% to. The game is very biased towards long matches with lots of rope breaks, kickouts, and outside brawls. For myself, I can only respond with a disgusted sigh when a wrestler kicks out of a finisher 3 or 4 times, but the game's rating system loves that poo poo.

Yeah, my matches with my "mid card" ref (the fast one) tend to go 12-20 minutes leaning on the short end. I'm not displeased with them but the rating system is a mystery sometimes. Like testing my new guy I had a 20 minute brawl that included a decent bit of outside the ring fighting and it netted a 77% rating, I guess because I don't think there were any 2.9s?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 14, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

It probably is, given Carlzilla's mods can change the "Evaluation Type".

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Nothing say "no name rookie" like ugly tights. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

super macho dude posted:

Long Arms Larry Lane

That's the default proportions too.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So apparently if a dude gets KO'd in the middle of a battle royal they just... leave him in there? Harsh.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Firepro is the only wrestling game I have had fun with in years.

Same, 88 hours playtime so far and I've never "played" a single match under my own control!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I think the most elaborate sequence I have via priority attacks one of my character doing a specific taunt after a couple of Finisher/Signature moves, the taunt then triggers a 50% chance to do a normal pin, if that fails a 50% chance to do a second pin (the cocky boot to the chest pin) and if that fails a 100% chance to do his signature ground submission. I think this works out to 50%/25%/25% combined odds of which pin/submission gets used.

I wish priorities allowed you to order a grapple move, it'd be cool to have someone use a taunt before certain moves/their finisher.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Those guys look pretty good. Mine are kinda basic cause I ended up going for a faux-80s feel for some reason. This is my entire roster of wrestlemans with logic so far. I got a couple more designed I still have to Logic.

Do you guys use a pin % chance at large damage? If so at what percentage? How often do you feel a match is won via an unsatisfying pin if you do this? Right now nearly all my Edits are set to only go for pins after specific moves.

Testing these guys has been fun though, and I'm even incorporating some of the results into my "lore" such as Ken Tarrow hating the poo poo out of Victor Adonis for KOing him in his very first match with his "Bronze Bicep". This is also why I set Victor to have an extremely high chance to do the "point at Bicep" taunt when he uses his signature lariat move. :allears:

Even better I actually was recording that match. :v: (Victor got a name change after I made the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=045A2lF_2nE

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 15, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Its fast becoming a drat tradition for my new edits to KO this guy during their first few matches of testing.

He did three Full Nelson A-Bombs (a sig move) in a row and the third one KO'd him. Carlzilla's mod letting Sigs KO alongside finshers is great. Might turn the rate down, but it only happens once ever 10-15 or so matches.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Its not too hard to use. You just unzip it in the FPWW folder, run the patcher, select the submods you want, patch, and start the game, then a second window shows up with various option windows for whichever mods you picked.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Maxwell Lord posted:

That said OMG the stream chat is the worst

Plus they're showing it on the video feed, so I can't even hide it. Between that and the schedule saying nothing about FPWW I'm just gonna skip it. Hopefully a small mention gets included.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

$50 ? drat, I'm guessing that'll have the management and NJPW stuff included?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

PublicOpinion posted:

Sad but not unexpected, Promoter Mode pushed back to focus on the PS4 version.

Frustrating, but given how much of a small project (and thus small budget) this is for spike the PS4 release is probably more important from an income perspective.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

From what I understand the past games did quite well on consoles.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 27, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Imo I think better sound effects would add to FPWW's "oomph".

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah I made my own Edits and they're apparently structured a bit different from what most people seem to do. I really need to get around to making more. I need a decent headcount for manager mode.

The NJPW story mode might actually get me to play the game myself too.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Takuan posted:

I'm curious, how are your edits structured differently than what most people seem to do?

It's not that they're totally alien but they don't seem to give satisfying matches against edits I've downloaded. Maybe it's the other edits that are the problem.

I do, however, tend to do lowish stats and thus far haven't used the special attributes like Reborn and stuff.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

195-204 points? drat thats a lot, most of my edits are a good ways below that.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So I know the big Fire Pro/NJPW collaboration thing is coming out in late August, but has a release date for Fire Promoter been announced yet? Last I heard was "Autumn 2018".

I need to get back to making edits. My Promotion's roster stands at only 11 dudes, and one of them I still haven't even started making Logic for. At least I've almost got the dozen dudes I need to finish my poster, though a couple of those guys are lowcards/jobbers that probably don't warrant being on a poster. :v: (then again when your roster is small...)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

PC has Carlzilla's mods and people are even figuring out how to add custom edit pieces, so I doubt PS4 will draw away too many people interested in stuff like that.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

quote:

sorry WWE 2K is at least presentable this game looks like complete poo poo wtf is up with you nerds complaining about AAA games and turning around and playing game like this lmao it's so loving backwards idc how much you hate wwe2k you will never convince me this outdated piece of poo poo is worth a dime , the characters look like loving poo poo , game play is choppy as gently caress it's like they designed this game for a controller without joysticks look how the players move lmao like loving robots , I've never heard of this game until 20 minutes ago while randomly scrolling

quote:

im sorry ..but can't not get into this old looking game it's suck that Japan couldn't get the like the wwe games better looking going to pass this one

quote:

If they had modern day graphics and career mode, I would buy. I don't want play nes on ps4

quote:

People are going to say this game is better because it's less popular and they're afraid of getting criticized by anti WWE fanboys, and if they like 2K more that is their opinion and there's no need to act like an rear end in the comment section. Thank you very much and have a nice day.

quote:

This game is a android crap not a console game, 90' graphics? Old crap mechanics? Stupids fanboys.

:allears: Lots of people are starting to notice Fire Pro for the first time.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The "Signature moves can crit" part of Carzilla's mod alone means I could never switch to the PS4 version. Its just too good.

https://giant.gfycat.com/TidyAnotherInvisiblerail.webm

I swear, this guy has a glass jaw. He's gets crit all the time while I'm testing tweaks.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Budget Dracula posted:

where do i turn this mod on in the patcher?

You know how with the CZ mod installed a seperate window with a bunch of subwindows opens up? Find the "More Match Options" window (which is full of goodies) and use the "Other match options" tab and the option is in there.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

unimportantguy posted:

I *think* that one removes the lockup animation in sims so that wrestlers just go straight to the move animation. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's inconsistent and doesn't always work.

Thats because as seen in that screenshot, you can set the %(?) chance of the lock up animation playing at the different damage states. Unless, ofc, you've set those all to 0 then I dunno.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

PunkBoy posted:

Oh wow, yeah, this really makes my matches look a lot smoother. Awesome stuff.

It only works in AI only sim matches, since the lock-up animation is a vital part of the time my mechanics for players.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I just realized that with the NJPW Story mode DLC/PS4 FPWW Launch coming very soon, I'm actually gonna have to *play* the game instead of just simming matches.

Unless you can just Sim story mode? :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

dsriggs posted:

There's literally a "Tanahashi noticed me! :swoon: " line of dialogue. Best game.

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/1028409975960420352

I'm starting to have a lot of fun with Priority moves now that I'm more used to how they work. Really helps add in some personality.

https://giant.gfycat.com/WarmFlusteredKob.webm

Chaining together running attacks is rather amusing. Too bad he didn't go for the pinning bodysplash. This sequence takes up almost half of his priority slots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW05hk48tMk

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Angry_Ed posted:

That is some really nice work with the CPU logic. I haven't really tinkered with cpu logic in a while, is him doing a taunt before the running attack based off of whether or not his opponent got stunned?

Nah, that jaw breaker move just doesn't knock the opponent down, so they're left standing and stunned.

The Logic of Victor's Lariat chaining is:

Basically both opening moves* have a 50% chance to cause Victor to do his "arm appeal" taunt. The Arm Appeal Taunt will always trigger a running lariat attack. Every time Victor does a Running Lariat, he'll probably follow it by doing another one, if he doesn't he might do the arm appeal taunt again (causing a followup lariat attack), if he doesn't do that, he'll instead use a running body splash pin.

Basic result is, he runs around and smashes his bronze biceps into the opponent a bunch, showboats, and maybe gets around to pinning before the enemy finally manages to dodge out of the way.
* He also has a chance of doing the running lariat while the opponent is dazed at critical health, which starts the chain in a less flashy way

Another of my edits also has a similar branching priority chain:

The Shoutei Rush Combo is another attack that doesn't knock down the enemy, only leaving them stunned and standing. When the wrestler uses it, IF the stunned opponent is close enough to a turnbuckle, he'll climb it and use his missile kick on the guy and then pin. If the stunned opponent is too far away from a turnbuckle, he'll just do his bow and then use his running high-angle Huracanrana.

Travis' jawbreaker>Flying Rollup is similar, but more simplistic:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Aug 12, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Are you using the collar&Elbow lockup mod? I suspect the removal of the lockup animation significantly decreases the window of opportunity for team attacks (Since AFAIK they're triggered by two wrestlers trying to initiate a grapple at the same time).

Not sure there is much that can be done about the Irish whipping collisions, unfortunately, except maybe tweaking wrestler's logic to favor doing counter moves instead of running themself after whipping the opponent. That or just decrease movement speeds as speedy wrestlers seem to contribute to this problem a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That is a nice/brutal little spot. You could potentially set up a priority chain to combo those last two moves together (The turning grapple knee into the grounded knee) maybe even throw in a taunt.

I really wish you could initiate stranding grapples via priority chains, so much cool stuff could be done with it.