Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Rhonne posted:

weird that the main character seems to be a Macho Man parody when the goal of the game is to fight actual Macho Man.

I’ll play it out of curiosity, but I can’t get over this part. It makes zero sense. You stole the gimmick of a legend and are now on a quest to defeat said legend. A hero’s journey if I’ve ever heard one.

The only thing I can think of is they were somehow contractually obligated to make the main character a Macho Man clone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Basic Chunnel posted:

why bother when you can play SLAMMED!

Holy poo poo this rules. Purchased.

Please tell me it’s either epically good or epically bad before I waste the whole weekend on it.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
The game is a lot like WWE cause it sucks.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Watching a few videos I was almost tempted to get it, but the roster is so awful it magnified all the glaring issues the game still has. With the main fan base at like fifty years old they should lean heavily into their Legend contracts. But I’m sure whoever at WWE is designated with overseeing the games has delusions these are for kids.

Thing is they’ve still got some of the canned animations from seven years ago, which leads me to believe they’re still using a similar engine. Granted it’s a different dev now, but it’s a real feat that 2k managed to fall backwards as much as they did. An almost deliberate level of incompetence.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Can I do Fire Pro on an M1 Mac? What’s the best route? Parallels? Never tried Windows stuff on Mac and this is the only thing that has ever sparked a desire to do so.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Maxwell Lord posted:

I had best results with Boot Camp but it depends on how much memory you have- you want to be able to set aside more than 4 GB because on top of the game there’s the system software.

Also they’re just giving Windows 10 away now.

Thanks. Sounds like it’s worth a shot with an 8GB M1 if all I’m out is the $30 or whatever it is on Steam.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Dr. Zoggle posted:

Anytime you are forced to use new music, new clothes or a gimmick, it'll grey them out for a certain amount of time so you can't just go and change it.

It must not apply to names, because earlier this week Paul Heyman forced my Kane to change his name to “Kaneyon” and I immediately went out to change it. :rip:

My tag partner Big E suggested we wear matching gear and that was a big hell yeah.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Angry_Ed posted:

Usually a mandated change can't be adjusted until you leave that company/get a new contract with creative control/etc

I don’t expect straightforward mechanics in an MDickie game, but “Creative Control” is so hit and miss IME.

Is there a cheat code on Switch to open all characters? I’ve been playing off and on since release and still have gaps.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Antitonic posted:

There's an option for all except the Legends, IIRC.

I looked it up and if you assign everyone in your current promotion to “Legends” it populates yours with new talent. Simulate the matches and it’s a quick process.

Now I need to figure out how to somehow pull all of the MDickie originals out of action. No way I’m making 30-40 CAWs out of them.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

joylessdivision posted:

The few Mdickie originals floating around I either left as is or turned them into original characters.

I just realized that by using the same trick and putting them in “Legends” they won’t populate career mode and stuff.

There are quite few MDickie originals even using guides. Haven’t counted but I’m sure there are >30.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

punchdaily posted:

Be aware that if you play career mode long enough, people in the legends section get recycled into new wrestlers periodically. It's why the "back-up roster" option is there.

Thank you! I just stuffed 42 MDickie creations (if you count himself and Conrad Thompson) into Legends and want to keep them there.

edit: scratch that, found a bunch more and have hit the roster limit of 48. Guess I’ll do some CAW stuff.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Apr 18, 2022

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Stupid question, but this game has almost zero UI: in "Booking" mode how do I start a match without being a part of it? It just sits there with my controller on the screen waiting to choose someone.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Fly Ricky posted:

Stupid question, but this game has almost zero UI: in "Booking" mode how do I start a match without being a part of it? It just sits there with my controller on the screen waiting to choose someone.

Ahh, thanks. "B" button sneakily solves a lot of problems in this game.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Anyone playing the NJPW game on iOS (maybe Android too)?

It’s a training simulator with gatcha mechanics. Full of videos and some crazy stuff like building stats by making sweets with Makabe.

The matches are automatically generated by your stats and have full video entrances (I mark out to it) and the moves are all video of your wrestler doing them. Almost has a pachinko feel because you just passively sit there and watch it play out.

Not sure I’d consider it much of a game but it’s unique. Has an English translation so I imagine it’s a worldwide release. Japanese App Store link.

I keep trying to post images but it stalls so I gave up.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Working on turning that into my new av.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Honest question and not trolling: everyone that is (justifiably) disgusted by the game has quit watching WWE entirely right?

I get it if that’s the deal. The company itself is still as awful as it’s always been.

(still watching myself, all respect due if you don’t)

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I have tried to get into AEW, but have quickly dropped off when it's 2 hour Dynamite became a dynamite, rampage, collision, keep up the dots, so I just became focused on the PPVs and even then, only if there isn't anything else. Even though I really like so many of the talent there.

I just want a really stupid, janky game where the hamburglar can rock bottom santa claus through a flaming table

But that's not without giving WWE a cut off it's purchase, because of the IP.

But it's really difficult, it's my favorite slop every year, and I just wish there was a better alternative.

Word. Pretty much where I’m at. I bailed buying them new after WWE 2k14.

Without story creator/custom soundtracks Universe mode isn’t floating my boat despite how far CAWs have come in recent years.

Still skip through Raw/Smackdown most weeks to the few things that interest me. Don’t know anyone from NXT.

Very similar relationship with UFC events and their respective games as well. Undisputed 3 (PRIDE mode) was the last one that stood out in my eyes.

Thanks for the replies and glad no one took offense. Punchsports are the bees knees and cow manure simultaneously.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I'm sitting here with a Mac and Series X crying because Fire Pro isn't available on either. :(

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Maxwell Lord posted:

You should have Boot Camp on your Mac and Microsoft is just giving away Windows 10 free now.

TealShark posted:

If I remember correctly, Fire Pro works perfectly fine using the free Whisky wine bottle management app and installing Steam and Fire Pro into a one. I'm using the paid CrossOver Mac (a similar thing) and it works fine.

:drat: I've been wasting my time with these poo poo 2k games forever.

Thanks for the software recommendation, and I had no idea Windows 10 was free. Thought there was a huge barrier to entry.

What DLC should I pick up?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

TealShark posted:

[top-notch Fire Pro advice]

Much appreciated! Perfectly detailed, concise info. On it. Picked up Fire Pro and CrossOver last night, will hit Steam again for DLC.

Might have more questions for you when I install everything. This is literally a dream come true. Ever since World was released I've had my face pressed against the window in envy. :krad:

edit: are Entrance Craft and Parts Craft required to download stuff from Steam Workshop creators? I lack the eye for detail to make them myself, and rely on the insanely talented community to make my PRIDE FC/Attitude Era collab come true.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 11, 2024

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Sweet, thanks for the help everyone. You've made an old, technically inept wrasslin' mark real happy with this stuff.

edit: CrossOver is an amazing app and that alone is a game changer

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

TealShark posted:

Fire Pro and Wrestling Empire for your wrestling fix on a Mac via wine. Not a bad pairing, truthfully.

The perfect pairing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Arcade Legend rear end only a fraction of his former self with a 25% win-loss record.

Gonna need more information on Fruitsniffer's staffing role given the current pro wrestling climate.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 12, 2024