Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
At least I suffer the games so you don't have to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_EICOHPK-s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

DLC Inc posted:

is this the actual framerate of the game or is this 20fps due to youtube/capture compression

hahaha have you ever even bothered to watch anything from newlegacyinc, the 2k games are dogshit that gently caress up constantly.
and yes, if only 2k did literally everything better it would get a "pass" but right now it's a yearly game that will never get better

Actual. The game relies on the slower framerate as that's how the moves are animated. You can set the game speed to 500% to get more frames, but it's wrestling on crack (way to fast to be playable)

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Ugh .png import, I am so happy. Nice to have apron support too! Hello our new Bible of wrestling games.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
For the small pocket of Wrestling Revolution fans here; I released my WRHD pack which improves a lot of poo poo (Actual poo poo), adds weapons, new themes, make the game look a miles better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5EebJw8vjo

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Never change Dusty.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
The 2D game had more wacky stuff like drivable motorcycles and coffins that would appear at funeral shows. I had a tribute show that was an inferno match, and everything was covered in huge flames like the Sims 1 (including the coffin, with the supposed dead wrestler in?)

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Yeah the default images are just a random pose on a black background, you can then edit your workshop submission with any images you like afterwards.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Bray Wyatt
Dolph Ziggler
Sami Zayn
Dean Ambrose
Baron Corbin
Kalisto
Akira Tozawa
Sin Cara
Hideo Itami
Eric Young
Jinder Mahal
Bushwacker Butch
Bushwacker Luke
Konnor
Viktor
Cesaro
Sheamus
Karl Anderson
Luke Gallows
Nikki Cross
Alundra Blayze
Emma
Lita
Summer Rae
Paige
Brie Bella
Nikki Bella
British Bulldog
Buddy Roberts
Diamond Dallas Page
Big Boss Man
Mark Henry
Bam Bam Bigelow
Bret Hart
Dusty Rhodes
The Undertaker
Big Show
Andre the Giant
Kane
Diesel (and Kevin Nash)
Luke Harper
Erick Rowan
Sawyer Fulton
Alexander Wolfe
Killian Dain
Braun Strowman
Goldust

So far

Couple of entrance videos here too

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/08/16/wwe-2k18-first-47-playable-superstars-announced

I think the best new of the game is the commentary has been scrapped and they've been forced to make fresh lines with Graves/cole (and Byron I think?). You can here some in the 2 entrance vids.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

remusclaw posted:

Like the fact that the Royal Rumble has been the most boring goddamn thing for 12 straight games now. They added all these animations were people can get clotheslined out of the ring or reversed and dumped that way and it only applies during a regular match. I would rather go back to wild rear end rumbles that end in 10 minutes as opposed to the meters and quick time event based pushing simulator that takes like 40 minutes to complete and is fun for none of that time.

Yep! They say they're working on the rumble this year, but I doubt it will be simple like the old days. I watched every NL rumble apart from the post HCTP ones to current (well, skipped through to see winners). They're just so dull and lumbering.

Surely with 8 men in the ring this year, they're gonna have to do something!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Ivory that's a new one...

I find the Legend selection so weird, Greg Valentine and the Anvil , I know it's just reusing asset. Has it been confirmed how many are on the roster yet?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

quote:

We've got one more WWE 2K18 roster reveal for you next week but for now here's all those 41 superstars in full...

Kevin Owens
Samoa Joe
Big Cass
Rusev
Finn Bálor
Chris Jericho
Rick Martel
Mick Foley
Ricky The Dragon Steamboat
Miss Jacqueline
Rikishi
Macho Man Randy Savage
Mr. Perfect
Lex Luger
Razor Ramon
Rick Rude
Vader
Ric Flair
Chad Gable
Alexa Bliss
Nia Jax
Tye Dillinger
Apollo Crews
Carmella
Dana Brooke
Neville
Shane Thorne
Akam
Rezar
Michael P.S. Hayes
Jimmy Garvin
Tommaso Ciampa
Cedric Alexander
Asuka
TJP
Roderick Strong
Johnny Gargano
Jason Jordan
Nick Miller
Dash Wilder
Scott Dawson

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/08/30/wwe-2k18-the-next-42-playable-superstars-revealed

I'm amazed that they've finally go Kevin Owens to look pretty decent. He's always looked off.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Probably the first year I won't get the season pass , as I haven't really watched wwe regularly, the nxt people may as well be jobbers (as good as they may be irl)

Stoked To finally have kurt though, I think 07 was the final year we had him?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
drat,

Random select is what i've wanted for 1 v 1 but it auto fills 8 characters, unless I'm doing something wrong. And it still doesn't re-populate when you press it again (for battle royals). Maybe the next patch will fix that....

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
New FPWR Update

quote:

Version 0.9011 was published today.
Please refer to the patch notes below.
We have been watching the forums and are working to address the issues reported.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to make improvements through Early Access.

Please post patch-related comments to
this thread so that we may better track your feedback.

OFFLINE MODE
When opening the pulldown menu, cursor now defaults to the currently selected item.
[Settings] > [Elimination] now selectable by default regardless of number of participants.
Added option: [Settings] [Entrance Style]

EDIT MODE
Keyboard controls: Can now edit CPU logic percentages with number keys and keyboard.
Ring Edit: Custom ring texture option added.
:siren: :siren:*CUSTOM RING TEXTURES CAN BE UPLOADED TO WORKSHOP :siren: :siren:

MATCHES
Fixed bug that prevented wrestler from climbing a corner post if the round ended with a wrestler on that post.
Strike Exchange now only occurs inside the ring.
Increased time a standing wrestler stays down after being hit by flying moves. (Jump from Post/Slingshot from Apron to Inside of Ring.)
S-1 Rules Match: Small grapple moves that knock down an opponent no longer factor towards knockdown count.
Second/partner will now distract referee when active wrestler uses illegal move/weapons.
If a CPU wrestler loses due to a pin/submission, they will no longer break out after the gong.
Fixed bug where CPU wrestler would ignore an opponent hit by a CRITICAL move that doesn’t knock them onto the mat.
In a tag team match, a wrestler returning to their corner after a tag will no longer be targeted.
Adjusted frequency of bleeding.
*Now less likely during a Strike Exchange and more likely when using illegal moves.

RING ENTRANCE
Multiple wrestlers may now enter ring together.
*Adjust settings from: [Settings] > [Entrance Style]
You can now move human controlled wrestlers during entrances.
When entering the ring, wrestlers now first climb onto the apron.
When Red Corner wrestler/s enter the ring, the Blue Corner wrestler/s now wait outside the ring.

poo poo I just saw about ring edits while formatting this post! NICE

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Now that they have custom themes and ring textures, what a bible of a game. Now i can get Sunday night heat and all the poo poo shows for my jobbers.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Even a weekly match card would be good, with some text based elements for story stuff (I don’t expect cutscenes) like that TEW game.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
And like 2k15, it would be barebones most likely and everyone would complain even more :)

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Can someone explain the management at all? Is it just booking, or a universe kind of thing?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Crikey, that sounds good. Let's hope they can pull it off.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Some more snippets from management mode!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I've finally see that CamAI mod in action, and wow I hope they make that official somewhere down the line.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

quote:

Version 1.0100 was published today.

[Patch Notes]
OFFLINE MODE

Fixed bug on Wrestler Select screen where “No Entry” window would sometimes not respond.
Fixed bug where league match progression was not evenly distributed.

EDIT MODE
After using the [Save] command, you are now returned to the last screen you were on (same as using the [Overwrite] command).

MATCHES
When down on the mat/playing dead, you can now move and reposition yourself by holding LB/RB (L1/R1) + direction.
While down on the mat/playing dead, reduced number of times you may roll over from 6 to 3.
Ukemi bonus now applied to escaping a pin you would otherwise not escape from. (When using Ukemi, the damage you take is transferred into a Spirit boost when your Spirit reaches 0.)
Fixed bug where Entrance Theme would not play for wrestler who won a Battle Royal.
Fixed bug where CPU wrestler would leave the ring on accident when trying to attack a downed opponent near the ropes.
Adjusted distance from opponent that CPU will attempt a diving post move.
Fixed bug where the proper [Jump from Post] move would not be used with the Priority Attack sequence: Spider German Suplex > Jump from Post
Fixed bug where CPU would not initiate a victory performance after winning a match with both [Elimination] and [Tornado] rules ON.
Fixed bug preventing [Run up Post] Priority Attacks from initializing.
Fixed bug where a CPU wrestler would stand idle for a few seconds after landing a move if the 1)Priority Attack doesn’t know an opponent down 2) the Follow-Up Attack is set to attack a downed opponent.

MOVES
The following move names were changed:
Falcon Arrow > Original Falcon Arrow
Vertical Falcon Arrow > Original Vertical Falcon Arrow
Emerald Flowsion > Original Emerald Flowsion
The following moves were added:
Counter > Flying Bodyscissors Attack
Counter > Flying Bodyscissors Attack B
Counter > Powerslam B
Jump from Post > Corkscrew Cannonball Senton
Front Grapple (Big) > Brass Knuckles Punch
Front Grapple (Big) > Emerald Flowsion
Front Grapple (Big) > Press Powerslam
Front Grapple (Big) > Tights Pulling Piledriver
Front Grapple (Big) > Turning Driver B
Front Grapple (Big) > Falcon Arrow
Front Grapple (Big) > Falcon Arrow B
Front Grapple (Big) > Vertical Falcon Arrow
Back Grapple (Big) > Deadlift German Suplex
Opponent Down (Face Down, Near Legs) (Big) > Uproot German Suplex

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Anymore FPW news? Haven't seen any in this thread for yonks.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Fauxhawk Express posted:

As bad as 2K18 is, SvR 2008 is still the worst game in the history of the series. I'd say it's possibly the worst wrestling game ever, but I'm still waiting for Scotsman to review WCW Thunder.

Glad others agree, it was the only smackdown game I sold on.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Hey guys, long time no see. So I finally figured out how to get MDickie's games working correctly on Windows 10 after many years...and because I always get sucked in; I'm working on a re-tooled version of Wrestling Mpire HD [totally not to do with my favourite, current music genre]. No doubt we'll be seeing a series with a recurring character in the near future :)

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Angry_Ed posted:

Saw your teaser video for this and I'm anticipating it greatly. One question though, will the new HD mod work with both the Booking and Career versions or just the Career version?

Glad to hear it! The download will just be a zip archive of the game dir for Career mode, so for your booking install just drag over the respective files (Graphics, weapons, items, world folders) into your booking dir. Booking is basically the exact same game barring a different exe :)

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Working on the backstage banners for this new blade-runner-esque MDickie mod is too much fun. Anyone remember these obscure references? ;)

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
For the microscopic MDickie fanbase, and for the even fewer who are interested in mods of Wrestling Mpire, Wreslting Mpire HD 2019 is coming along nicely. It's a Bladerunner-ish-come-synthwave-come-etc-etc style conversion, it's looking good :)

Full gallery here
https://imgur.com/a/WWRLpxY

Planning to release it come Mania weekend if I'm satisfied with the final polish.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
For the MDickie guys, the Let's Play is a go of my latest WMHD 2019 mod (for MDickie's Wrestling Mpire). It's going to be........great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd-CNi8F2Xk

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886229

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I really wish they would give you the option of just having a button mashing pin mini game. And not a QTE button mash....an all button, blister creating masher. If I can tap fast, I should be rewarded :)

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Just when I thought the last couple of years of marketing was weird....this year is the worst. It's either gonna be epic or the same ol poo poo with slot machines. Place yer bets folks....

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Stumbled across a Groverhaus video and I was like 'man I miss SA' - glad this thread is still going. Random shoutout to Wrestling Empire, still the MDickie madness of old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Angry_Ed posted:

Wrestling Empire just added Steam Workshop support, hopefully this means that soon I won't have to manually patch the game files to use custom music, among other things!

link to the announcement

Super pumped about this. Been modding these games since '03 - founded the biggest site for mods, so i'm happy that someone finally cajolled mat into doing workshop. I spoke with him a few times and he was like ehhhhh, so bravo to the man who convinced him.

From what i've gathered, you have to fux with bepinex n poo poo, it's not like the old modding days of just switching files in your folders, but yeah...better than NO modding.