Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I think 2k15 is probably going to be much like a lot of first year next-gen titles where its shinier and prettier and does some new stuff but will probably be pretty lacking terms of modes and content. as long as its fundamentals are better than the games have been in recent years that'll be pretty good.

looks real nice in stills, though. I thought that Orton screenshot was a photo for a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i remember when i played smackdown vs. raw 2009 a lot and i heard "with legs like that" so much during character creation that i wanted to scream

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

alternatively you can go to your Android settings, Apps, and select "turn off notifications" for each individual app

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Jubs posted:

Where?

erm, which version of android are you on? this is my phone, on a Nexus 4 running the latest version of Android (4.4.4):

notifications tickbox right below the force stop and uninstall buttons

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 15, 2014

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Jubs posted:

Android version: 4.0.3 (Ice Cream)

Regardless, every other app has notification settings inside the actual app menu. No excuse why they don't include it for this one.

yeah I think disabling notifications from the android settings screen was introduced in 4.1 (jelly bean) :(

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the game comes out in like a month. I doubt they will completely remove him from the game, especially considering he's half of the story mode.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Snacksmaniac posted:

People are willing to not only play but BUY a new Dragon Age game?

a lot of people are willing to hope they won't mess this one up considering they've said and shown all the right things

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I would not say dragon age 2's 79 average is "ridiculously positive." certainly more positive than that game deserves tho

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

I dunno, that's an awful lot of turns for one Paige.

i appreciate this joke

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

nice, hopefully it's the current-gen version and not the last-gen one

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i would be shocked if people could do more than texture swaps. a big thing is that as video games have gotten more complex they've gotten increasingly difficult to mod, and the vast majority of games released these days (particularly if they're ports from console) have all their files heavily encrypted.

the fact is that for like 99% of games released these days modding is either impossible or very limited without developer-provided mod tools, and I would say there's a less than 0% chance of those being made for the PC version of 2k15.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Sep 23, 2014

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah, I mean I'm really hoping that people will be able to figure out some cool stuff considering how they've been able to hack textures and music and stuff into the console versions, but I'm not holding my breath for anything crazy

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

if it means people are going to be doing Skyrim levels of customization.

they're not going to because Skyrim has actual modding tools and this game won't. there will be some basic stuff but don't get your hopes up for a ton of crazy mods.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I mean hopefully you can do that without mods

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I think people need to temper their expectations on what they'll be able to mod.

yeah, that's what i've been saying. i mean it will be cool if people can actually find a way to rip open the game files and change a ton of stuff but considering the lack of modability of a lot of games in recent years i'm not holding my breath.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Pleads posted:

Can someone familiar with WWE2k (14 I guess?) answer a question:

Is there a game mode where 2 people in one location on one console, can play with someone else somewhere else on a different console.

Basically I moved far away from some bros but we want to hit each other with folding chairs. They'd be on the same PS4 and I'd be on mine.

e: Oh, if 2k14 isn't on PS4 then I guess 2k15 has to have the feature. Can't find any info on game modes for 2k15.

I don't think two people can play online on the same console but I can't be sure

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i know you're joking but i actually don't think rusev is in the game, i think he debuted after the cutoff date

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oh ok never mind then

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

if a PC version comes out and its the last gen version i'm gonna laugh and also be a little disappointed

also NBA 2k15 on PC this year is going to be in line with the current gen version of the game, i think last year isn't quite enough to say they "always" do it

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I mean presumably you wouldn't have that long of load times on a relatively recent hard drive either. the big thing about long loads on the 360 and ps3 is that those machines were old.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

I know we talked about this before, probably on my own prompting, but there's still no custom music on the next-gen systems right?

nope. the PS4 doesn't even have CD support iirc lmao

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah i know i just think its funny that people were so mad about it. my reaction was "who even owns physical CDs anymore"

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Is the PS4 not being able to read CDs being used as an excuse for no custom music? Because there's a couple USB ports where I can plug in a stick that has about 300 hours of music on it.

i don't really know, i don't own one

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Nut Bunnies posted:

That's pretty impressive. Game devs tried this feature 10 years ago and it was awful.

i loved rainbow six vegas 2 and how it would just smear a lovely photo of your face on your character

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

It seems like their stance is "We don't care about the PS3/360 versions to say anything or show off in game models."

to be fair thats how most developers are with cross-gen development

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

MisterGBH posted:

http://youtu.be/qXMjE61mlNs
Dean Ambrose has his new current attire which would mean Reigns and Rollins potentially have also. Although I would barely care about Reigns as it's virtually the same attire.

isn't reigns' current attire just the shield attire

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

triplexpac posted:

He must have got denied a few years back right? It seems like any piece of crap can get on Steam these days, I can't see him getting shut down again.

yeah steam allows loving anything anymore. anything.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

Seriously if you're not playing Wrestling Revolution 3D you're missing out. I just won a hair vs. hair match because my bald opponent reversed my back body drop and someone drove himself through a ringside table.

This game is hilarious and amazing.

mdickie's games are if nothing else hilarious, so much wacky poo poo happens in them

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the game looks pretty nice, at least as far as the character models go, but the lighting is so weird. it looks really flat.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i can't believe that dlc has been a thing for like eight or nine years now and its something people still argue about

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

considering Sony is outselling Microsoft 2-1 on current gen I'm guessing PS4

yeah ps4 is definitely going to have the edge this year when it comes to custom creations. the reason the 360 had so many good CAWs was just because it was the more popular console that people defaulted to buying multiconsole releases on, which is the role the ps4 is basically filling now

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

character models look great, but the hair and animations still need to catch up

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

2k seems a lot more willing/financially able to put more stuff behind the games too so I hope they continue to get better

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

Yeah pretty much all modern sports games have product placement ads on replay screens / arenas. It's really not so bad as the ads are generally located where they would be in real life so it's somewhat immersive.

UFC has sponsorship ads so integrated into their product that it'd be weird if the octagon in the games wasn't plastered with them

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that's not much of a surprise, I'm honestly surprised they bothered at all and would bet it's purely current-gen next year

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Prozach posted:

This is Curtis Axel.

i feel like his jaw is very photoshopped in this pic because everywhere else it is much more big and square

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

curtis "squarebeard" axel

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Because seriously... these systems come with a 500GB hard drive. There should be no limit to this stuff.

well actually.

they come with a 500 GB hard drive, and around 100 GB of it is taken up by system level/OS stuff, and since every game requires they be installed now because they're too big to just run on the disc and many of them are upwards of 60 GB (and this is not counting post-release DLC which can balloon the sizes further), people have had problems with filling up their consoles already.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 31, 2014

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah, of course that's the case. they're not going to do something like that just to gently caress with people. a fact that people have trouble grasping is that game file sizes are loving gigantic now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Nut Bunnies posted:

What in the gently caress is taking up that much space?

beats me, but if you look at the hard drive usage on the console interfaces you can see it. it's not quite 100 GB, I think the PS4's OS-level stuff takes up around 80, but it's still a significant chunk of the hard drive and kinda makes the advertised 500 GB a little misleading. I know of several people who have opted to replace the hard drives with 1-2TB ones instead, and thankfully that's an option.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 31, 2014