Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

CarlCX posted:

Fire Pro was never going to be a massive success, but they really boned its one niche by trying to overmonetize it.

Did they ever add that a create-a-story mode with the option to import your own art assets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Drakkel posted:

Another good NL Wrestling Empire stream: That time they played booking mode as JR and gave Dr Death Steve Williams such a high contract that if they ever booked him it'd instantly bankrupt the company and also he was the world champion

Not quite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph4u-9MJU3U

It was later getting Kenta Kobashi with a most favoured nations clause that did their promotion in.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Alaois posted:

I always think Wrestlemania 21 was a 360 game because it came out in late 2005 and was the first Xbox game to ever get a patch over Xbox Live

No, it was an Xbox game and it didn't get a patch over Xbox Live because it couldn't connect to Xbox Live at all (check out Alex Navarro's old Gamespot video review).

Microsoft had to patch every single Xbox on the system level to get it to connect.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

Maybe they can patch the bad character models along the way. That must be a thing they can do now, right?

Now I remember why this seemed so familiar, it's the whole premium car vs standard car in Gran Turismo 5 again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBpJNZOhxGI

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

And it's INCREDIBLY disingenuous to poo poo on a game funded basically entirely by AEW, built on a new engine from the ground up, in comparison to a game that is made by 2K after paying WWE for the licence, using tech that they reuse year to year, in some cases for decades now.

Do those games still have the promo animation where one wrestler's at the top of the ramp, and the other's in the ring, and the one in the ring grabs the ropes with one hand and leans over to grab the other wrestler despite them being far away? I remember seeing that one from the PS1 to 360 era.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Vandar posted:

FINALLY A BULLY SEQUEL

If you want a sequel to Bully that's already out, Lost Judgment scratches that itch shockingly well.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

One of the earliest Smackdown games had like a tornado handicap match against the Dudleys as your second match. You weren't expected to win, but it was a rough introduction.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Shard posted:

The last story mode I really enjoyed was Here Comes the Pain. I honestly don't know what I want from a storymode. I guess it would be high reactivity. Like if they could somehow make it react in different ways to my wins, losses and if I cheated or not.

Larian please make a wrestling game.

Christian's Road to Wrestlemania (in 2010?) was magnificent, but you're not missing much else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Minidust posted:

Okay that’s the exact info I needed - thanks!!

'Fighting Road: Champion Road Beyond' is quite fascinating, both the mode itself and the behind the scenes making of.