Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Any reason not to use some of my Pro Rares as training fodder? The game pops up a warning about losing rare cards, but these are cards that I don't really have plans for in my main Exhibition or KOTR decks. I figure as long as I've got the Pro versions in my pokedex I may as well put them towards the greater good (maxed pro R Dean Ambrose :swoon:).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
In Super Card, will KOTR boosts/training take effect for matches within a current game? Or does nothing actually count until the next game? I'm always wondering if I should bother keeping tabs on a game once it starts.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Did they remove the background animations for pro cards? On my game it looks like battery saving mode is on all the time, ever since they removed the Christmas decorations.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Yes let's draw a full helmet on the famously pretty, dreamy-haired Roman Reigns

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Really the term "Season Pass" for DLC needs to go away, because it is almost never implemented in the way that the name implies.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Blasmeister posted:

I've been running +1 matches with this setup and winning 100% of the time - just be sure to only pick opponents with ~100 matches so you avoid others doing the same.

And then closing the app when it gets to the picking prizes so I can take them at Survivor+ tier.

Sadly I'm like only 20 points towards the first Reigns, so I'm not gonna be getting him by the end of this, but it's an easy source of exhibition prize picks.
hmm, just got my first legendary manager so i tried this out. Lowered myself to Rare tier but with an Ultra Lana and Legandary Heenan supports. Still seems like I was getting matched against Epic-tier (my "real" RtG tier) opponents though. Am I missing something?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I often encounter what appear to be tanked decks in regular exhibition games. Is there any strategic benefit to doing this??

Also, does the level of opponent I pick in exhibition affect anything? Like sometimes I'll see belt icons that are one + level lower or higher than me. I go for the higher ones, but I'm still picking from the same board at the end of the match regardless right?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
maybe this was commonly understood already, but I just stopwatched myself and found that 3 exhibition games take slightly less time to complete than one RtG game. So if you're done going after RtG reward cards (no way I'm getting enough games for legendary Hogan), you might as well go back to Exhibition at this point. Better pick rate, less of a hit when you lose a game, and more than likely a higher-tier board you'll be picking from.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I see a TON of Pro Epic Rybacks.

Just recently creeped into Legendary tier myself. First Legendary pull was the Heenan manager card, which is amazing. Then I got Cena as my first Legendary wrestler (2nd place in KOTR) and I was conflicted... ha. It's funny, the last two KOTRs I've done are completely dominated by a sandbagging dude in first place. Always has a perfect record and then 2nd place has like 15 losses.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

ZDar Fan posted:

The Supercard matchmaker just messed with me. I'm in RTG currently shooting for the Ultra Rare Flair, and I went from a match where my opponent's best cards were some solo untrained UR's and Epics to a match where my opponent had all Legendary/Survivor/RTG pros. It was my last bout for now, so I have yet to see if that's a glitch (as I suspect) or if I'm not getting past the Ultra Rare tier this time.
Sounds like a freak glitch. I just collected the Flair card while playing an Epic++ deck, and haven't run into anything screwy yet.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I feel like the RtG is a lot more "fair" this go-around. This is the first time I've gotten past the Epic card without dropping below 5+ matches. Though I suppose it's possible my deck has just improved a lot since last time.

Toshimo posted:

It's a good day and my KotR finals haven't even finished yet:

Did that just happen to be your 4000th match, or can you actually get Ladder Reward cards off a regular draw?

Minidust fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jan 31, 2015

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Whoa, in Supercard I just now realized there's a parallax effect on the Epic and higher cards. Did they add that recently or did I just catch on really late?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
So what's the trick to not getting Tyson Kidd every time in the Fusion reactor?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

triplexpac posted:

If the last generation is any indication, it'll be like another 3 games before we get a really good one for current consoles
I liked that last-gen game that dumped you into a freeform training mode on startup. 2010 I think? That was something I'd expect of a Real Videogame rather than yearly iterative WWE title.

So if I'm remembering right, that was... 4 games into the console cycle? Yikes. And I forget if the actual gameplay was good. I know I played it a lot though. :shobon:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I think I'm gonna finish training up my "B-team" cards in KOTR before I mess around with fusion. Are there "recipes" that produce specific fusion results, or is it all random? It it always better to throw non-pro cards in there? Like I've been wondering if there are certain fusions that require pro cards, or fusion cards in non-fusion slots.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

VoLaTiLe posted:

For anyone who actually wants to grind the Supercard PPC or what ever its called event.

If you draw a title match card use it, you then get unlimited title matches after that so for the people who want to grind to the top get at it.
It's just a UI glitch; if you watch your actual score it doesn't go up by the doubled point amount.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Happitoo posted:

But you can't have SummerSlam tier out-rank Wrestlemania tier. Wrestlemania is the biggest of them all!! You'll need to go back to the drawing board and come up with a new name for the next tier. Like Wrestlemania 2.
Aren't the blue Survivor cards essentially a separate tier from the red cards? Maybe they can artificially add more tiers that way and we can make our way through the Wrestlemania rainbow.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
RTG used to be good for me, back when my Exhibition deck was at Epic tier. If the Epic RTG reward was something I could make a pro with, it was a significant upgrade and definitely worth the trouble.

I'm never gonna play the game enough in a weekend to get anything past Legendary (not trying to sound important; it's just that I've got too many Real Video Games to play :haw:), so now I just see it as a fun side mode that plays differently, rather than a way to get good cards.

I've found Fusion to be a fine alternative to these frantic weekend modes, as far as actually improving my deck is concerned. And with the long wait times (and no cards worth training in the meantime) it actually encourages me to play the game less!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Does anyone ever switch out their support cards in KOTR? I just keep my two best ones in play the whole time. I've been making a point of maintaining 4 "good" supports, but I'm thinking 2 of those could be better used as fusion fodder.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
It really annoys me that they've fully embraced DLC, yet still insist on a yearly cycle for games. Oh and btw, we still won't let you carry over any created content!! It's obnoxious and has drained my enthusiasm for the franchise.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

remusclaw posted:

Once you have the timing for reversals down in a particular game in this series, you will only rarely ever take a grapple move. I wish they went back to two button Strike/grapple reversals like in the first few Smackdown's, made game-play more interesting.
It really is a huge glaring flaw in the gameplay that they've failed to address for over a decade. The game already has systems in place for damage and stamina; they could at least make that a factor under the hood in determining whether a reversal will work or not. Getting used to the timing should not give you the right to reverse grapple moves 100% of the time. It's terrible, broken design that renders a huge chunk of the gameplay invalid.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
The RNG is funny for this game. I'm currently in Survivor+ tier and have yet to receive a single Legendary pull (only got the freebie when I first broke into the tier). And yet last week I pulled two Survivors, just a couple days apart from each other.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 1, 2015

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
The Rollins card for this week's RtG has "SKO" for the special ability :allears:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
lol:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Did someone at 2K forget to flip the switch for this RtG? I get a "Network error" message every time, but all other modes are working fine.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
What's the deal with these funny-looking cards in the SuperCard catalogue? Thick frame with a starfield background, and they show up from Ultra tier onward. Another fusion-esque gimmick? Or just new cards available for drawing?

I want a Bob Backlund really bad.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I don't even see the option to buy them anywhere. Do you just have to buy a pack in that tier and hope you get lucky?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Did they implement the anti-sandbagging measures in SuperCard yet? My KOTR matches seem really bad since I started putting two common supports in my inactive slots. I'm wondering if the game thinks I'm sandbagging and is punishing me accordingly.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

DoctorDelaware posted:

Kind of? Basically what happens is that it puts you in a group with other people who are sandbagging, so it's a bit more of a crapshoot as to where you finish.

Still better than loading up all your best cards and getting destroyed, though.
Hmm. Well that's annoying since my Survivor Blassie rendered all my other support cards pointless. I used all my other decent supports as fusion fodder. Then again, if I actually don't have better support cards in my deck, maybe it's nothing and I just need to get good at KOTR again.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I thought PC modding would allow them to replace the "Main Event" graphic overlays and things like that. I'm sure those CAWs took a lot of effort but what about them involved modding? Maybe I've just been spoiled by really good CAWs over the years... I mean even on consoles they had some insane CAWs based on some sort of PC texture editing tool.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Demp posted:

If there's anyone still playing SuperCard, the new update they did today added a friends list, so let's be friends maybe?

My Gamecenter ID is Dempsee82
It also added Wrestlemania Fusions :suicide:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
The SuperCard "Ring Domination" mode is kind of cool. It feels like one of those card mini-games from a '00s RPG.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
What the heck is this

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

DoctorDelaware posted:

Sometimes I wish the games would stop doing the nostalgia tour, and go back to making their own storylines featuring current guys...and then I remember WWE '12. Ugh. Just...ugh.
Is that the one that went Sheamus -> Triple H -> CAW and featured backstage fights (which use a generic "out of ring" moveset for all characters) for like 90% of the matches?

After reading some of these posts I'm genuinely curious about what I might have missed in some of my old Smackdown games. Though I think the ones I skipped might have been where the crazy stuff really happened. '12 is the last one I got. Before that I've got '10 and then like everything up through 2007. IIRC the stuff through PS2 was relatively open-ended, and the more contained storylines (and ensuing insanity) came later?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
What's the most current resource for No Mercy mods? I tried getting into it a while ago but my old computer couldn't handle it. Might give it another go now that I've got a significantly more powerful laptop.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
If anyone was wondering, here's how KOTR works in "Season 2" of SuperCard:

- one big deck, with no distinction between "active" and "inactive" cards
- no inactive cards means no stamina regeneration!
- instead, you get an energy card from every exhibition match (in addition to your two board pulls). Max energy cards upped to 25.
- so basically you have to pay much closer attention to the game during a KOTR, playing exhibition games to keep your cards charged. No more "set it and forget it" where you just switch around your cards every few hours until the KOTR brackets.

Well, this new approach is demanding way more engagement than I'm willing to give the game, so I guess I'm done! Yes I know, it's doing me a favor.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I was thinking about how bad the situation has been for WWE games since they "went yearly". Then I realized that there have actually been yearly releases since 1998. In fact, Smackdown 1 and 2 both came out in 2000. :psyduck:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Cameron and Eva Marie debuted ages ago so it makes sense that they're in.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Lady Naga posted:

I am very appreciative of the slow pace of the newer 2k games as it allows people to acclimatize to the weird and nonsensical controls the entire series has always inexplicably used. If they're not going to include any sort of loving tutorial at least this way I can learn without getting a loving beatdown all match.
There was that one game that dumped you right into a tutorial from the title screen, 2010 I think? Or I think the tutorial was the title screen somehow? That was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I'd be so happy if they just took a year off to come back with a better game, but with the focus on short-term financials it's never gonna happen. We're stuck with perpetually mediocre titles, for the sake of a bullet point at quarterly stockholder meetings. :/