Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

89 posted:

Sooooo...thoughts on the new TEW?

I haven't played much, but from what I have it seems like your ability to be a horrible, horrible person is enhanced, so A+ game.

That said, I'll actually do things with it once non-Cornellverse stuff is around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

'16 is harder in ways that are cool, like battles being an actual consistent fight instead of 'who has one good show this month and other than that everything else is completely irrelevant', and easier in ways that are also cool (like the second most important match on the show not necessarily being the semi-main).

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Scott Steiner I can see not being a glitch...but uh...Stevie Ray? Yeah...

Stevie Ray was the leader of the most dominant faction in WCW history, the nWo. :colbert:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

congrats to Sexy Lady

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Charlotte's last day in my company, she's dropping our women's title on her way out. What's this? Her opponent broke her leg and they audibled in the ring to her tapping out to the Figure 8? :argh:

I'm imagining Bryan flipping out going "Ok so you broke your leg and need to audible a finish, and you audible to A LEG SUBMISSION? WHAT?" and I have a biggest grin on my face.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Requested to join the Supercard team. I'm TheStro (ooh, la la!)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Sent a request as The Impact Crow.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

gently caress, I accidentally spent 150 cash (in-game currency, which is stupidly hard to come by) to get a health pack because I thought I had one more.

All of a sudden I don't want to play this game anymore. :smith:

Edit: Going to just start from scratch. I'll rejoin the faction when I can, lol.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 30, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ShootaBoy posted:

Really starting to get pissed off with how the AI gets a free, instant kickout when their tag partner is available, but you loving don't. Just lost 2 goddamn matches to that bullshit :bang:

You do too, you have to spend your tag to do so, just like the AI does.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ShootaBoy posted:

How? I've tried mashing the tag button like it's an MGS torture sequence and it's never done anything.

I've just tapped the "Tag Me In" button. Are you in danger? Being in a pin while in danger is a loss, the AI can't kick out either, so I like to try and lure them into wasting their tag before hitting my finisher.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Hahahaha 2K just didn't give a poo poo with this DLC pack

https://twitter.com/KungFu_Grip/status/833969857393721344

This needs to be an option in every game.

If 2k18 offered first take commentary as an option or DLC I'd buy it first day.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Or you get knocked out from the force of your opponent kicking out.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The only advice for WWE Champions starting out is that NXT Rollins is absurdly powerful. Use him, and if you have to focus on building up anyone, build him up.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'd like to do the Champions event except I don't have the tickets and they dispense them out as slowly as possible. I haven't touched my cash since I'm figuring there'll be some kind of Wrestlemania sale, is it worth spending cash for tickets?

I've found you'll want to spend cash on bags of tokens to upgrade your characters.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

If anyone wants to get into the horrible grind that is Supercard, they're now giving away good cards like candy

Is there a goon team for Supercard? I won't be able to join for about a day because I'm in the team event with a lot of inactive pubbies.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

The new Team Battle mode in Supercard is actually fun? It might be somewhat of a real game now???

Team Battle mode is an incredible way to get good cards.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TheStro

Edit: Oh, team too weak to meet requirements.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 13, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Demp posted:

What's your deck? I'll lower it and try to get you in.

I think it's Survivor level. Haven't played for a long time, just recently got back into it.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Demp posted:

Alright, give it another shot! You'll get past Survivor real quick running with us. :)

Request sent, thanks. :)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Again, there needs to be a wrestling booking sim that's not quite as insanely hardcore realistic, more on the level of the Rollercoaster Tycoon games or The Movies or Theme Park. Something that lets you play at e-Feds while not having to book minute by minute.

Guest 878: "I want to stop watching Four Hundred Hour Ironman Match: Kane vs. Hornswoggle."

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Fumaofthelake posted:

Sent as Fuma

Your cards. :stare:

Stay forever.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Fumaofthelake posted:

This happened in my old team... The game is getting really weird about glitches when adding new members or even rejecting requests.

I kind of regret not grinding for MITB Alexa.

It'd take forever to get one, let alone a pro. :sigh:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I decided that TEW doesn't make sense when I had Monty Brown lose every match for 6 months and he kept getting more and more over until he was the top star in wrestling.

He pulled a Daniel Bryan and I have no idea how.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Ichimonji is 15-1 this year, Eliades 14-3, my tag champs are 15-1. Then you've got the jobbers to the stars sitting around 9-6, 10-7, and so on, then down lower on the card you've got a bunch of 4-12, 3-13. I feel like this makes upsets mean a lot more. And it avoids the top guys having to lose to each other constantly in those 50/50 programs.

This makes me want to make a Sumo fed in TEW.

Or World of MMA.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dead-chan Walking

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Or Hedrew National, lovable babyface who finds heel antics to not be kosher.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MDickie games are the strongest argument that everything in a video game is secondary to 'is it fun'.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Al Snow hits an eliminated Cactus Jack with a German Suplex, and when Jack gets revenge you act like Snow is the good guy? Typical goons.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

What game does the final take place in?

2k17

and it's at twitch.tv/newlegacyinc for Invalid

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Larry Z should be in the game.

As a commentator.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ok so they broke Tables matches and Iron Man matches at the same time.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Credit where credit's due, the story mode this year has avoided the problem of having to grind for in-game months before getting a sniff at even the NXT title by being much more structured and rail-road-y. However, this does not excuse my first main roster feud being a loving best-of-5 series with Ziggler...

That sounds exactly as soul-crushing as being new to the WWE roster.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Five Star Frog Splashes: Eddie, RVD, Steamboat

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

WWE SuperCard is hilariously broken. They've had to take it down for maintenance pretty much every day since the Season 4 launch, and every time it fixes nothing. In a game revolving around timers and events, this is not a good thing.

I wonder how they hosed up this bad, I guess they barely tested anything before rolling it out

do not tempt me back into supercard with promises of hilarious brokeness

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If you don't want to see Jarrett take a shoot Banzai Drop from a probably 700 pound Yokozuna then that's your problem.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Doc Morbid posted:

I liked how, based on the card and the match times, every show in Wrestlemania 2000's career mode was at least five hours long.

Yes, Wrestlemania 2000 on the N64 accurately predicted the future of WWE.

If you aren't hyped for a 59 minute Hardcore Holly vs. Billy Gunn match, that's on you.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I fully approve of Nitro mode.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I think it was like Wrestlemania X8 that let me put drills on my hands.

Whichever one it was that let me do that is not my favorite wrestling game, but it is my favorite thing I could do in a wrestling game.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

finally, a video game where i do the greatest dream match of all, zack sabre jr. vs. the blue meanie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Do not even ask posted:

I love Johnny's disgust whenever an Overdrive is hit

It's literally the worst move ever.