Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I really like how in 2K15 you can download a CAW of, say, Seth Rollin's new attire, and then assign that to the actual character as an alternate attire.

Couldn't you always do this, or at least in 2K14 as well? I think as long as the attire was created in Superstar Heads you can always use it as an alt attire, whether you downloaded it or made it yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

simosimo posted:

Always gotta laugh at super-early confirmed guys each year.

Next WWE Game features - Sheamus, Randy Olton, and John Cenaaaaaaa!

Balor is at least kind of surprising since he's not on the main roster yet. Can't wait to give his entrance to Big Show.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Is it that surprising? Sami was in the last one, same with Neville and Bo.

Oh I completely forgot about NXT mode. Yeah maybe they'll have him as NXT champ in this version since it looks like he may pick it up in Japan next month.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Astro7x posted:

I still don't believe it.

Oh they'll all be on disc, but unlock after you wrestle 1,000 matches. Please pay us $5 for our Pro Accelerator to unlock all wrestlers immediately.

That's exactly how I'm reading it. Still, 120 unique models is pretty neat even if they cost five bucks.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Astro7x posted:

I can't get over how awful WWE 2K15 is. I don't know what I expected, but everything just feels like a clunky PS2 game and not next gen at all. And the game is still a loving disaster where you need to have a guide to know how to do half the stuff in the game. I feel like nothing cool ever happens organically. I was trying to figure out how to do the Shield triple power bomb, and the game is so loving stupid that the animation takes so long that the ref DQs you for having your partners in the ring for more than a 5 count. WTF.

Returning this game to the library, glad I paid nothing for it.

This is the first WWE game available for the system I have that I'm entirely skipping since Know Your Role. I was fully prepared to buy a PS4 for this game, but when they gutted the creation suite that killed any interest I had for it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYH2qZIgxMk&t=27s

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MisterGBH posted:

Came to post this. I keep thinking who and what matches are going to be in. I'd like to see whole The Nation in and that match when Austin beats the shite out of them and stunners D'Lo on his truck.

Driving sim minigame where you have to handle a Zamboni through the cramped backstage area without running over Michael Cole or knocking down the metal poles they keep precariously leaning against the wall during hardcore matches for some reason.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I was half expecting him to find Brad Maddox down there.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The career mode is just a simulation of him doing his podcast. Press X to tell a story about making GBS threads your pants.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Can't wait to give Arnold Alicia Fox's entrance and moveset. Or Floyd for that matter.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I realize it's nearly two games ago in the series for a last-gen system but I figured out why my Create/Edit an Entrance was freezing in WWE2K14 every single time - it was because there was too much music stored on my PS3 apparently. Prior games never had an issue with it but I guess 2K14 does. Now I have no reason to buy another WWE2Kx game or a new system until they put back in the creation stuff from 2K14. There's still lots of community creations being made for 14 as well - I managed to snag an updated Kevin Owens and a bunch of Lucha Underground guys last night.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 4, 2015

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

wish I still had my ps3 because I loved creating hosed up fighters with weird proportions and faces and having them come out to a Cookie Monster song or some J. Greils Band poo poo. between the great creation suite and the imported music 2k14 was great. 2k15 had neither of those things and doubled down on terrible mechanics.

Yeah, when they gutted the creation stuff my interest in the game dropped to about zero. The gameplay in 2K14 is decent and I can create whatever I want roster-wise or even show-wise with the arena creation feature. I have a pretty good Lucha Underground promotion going in Universe now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Perry Normal posted:

Upgraded to TEW 2010. Playing 1994 WWF. Johnny Polo died within 24 hours of me making him Kwang's manager. Terrific.

Wow, what a mark

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I have a hard time getting too excited about IGN WWE game previews, considering they've been over hyping the games for years.

They are useful in the cases where they give the game a negative (or at least a not-glowing) review, which is when you know it's REALLY bad. 2K15 I think had the lowest IGN score yet, which hilariously was like a 7/10.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

There's not a ton of money in wrestling games so it's really this, or nothing, or play the same Japanese imports over and over, or play TEW like a true mark. There are no other feds to carry a western AAA game release that could compete and innovate, and since the rights to WWE games have been sold off once before with the death of THQ it's pretty apparent that they'll will never receive more funding than they do now.

Actually I guess there is that one PS3 digital game with the hilarious Randy Orton theme ripoff. Maybe if we gamers voted with our wallets for once we'd see more of that!

I wanted to like that game but I haven't heard one person recommend its purchase. It was sub-mDickie quality if I remember right.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Why is "a bear" necessarily a face gimmick? Some bears are mean. Most, even.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

In two games 2K restored my faith in the system.

I'm just not seeing how this could possibly be the case? As mentioned, the game they were most hands-on with was the worst-reviewed and the most stripped-down in the series yet. I can't speak to the mechanics but it looks like it's a large step backwards in every other way, especially playing 2K14 now and seeing how robust it is.

I mean, all the stuff you say they took out half the creation suite to put in, mechanics-wise, has been in earlier non-2K iterations of the game. It's fine to say you're optimistic about it but I just can't see where the faith in 2K is coming from based on the two games we've seen them put out so far.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

Two things:

1. This is fake as poo poo, someone on smacktalks made it and IGN accidentally posted it, it's total bullshit.

2. Here is the roster, they hosed up on Fandango and Shane which is why I was confused who they were since the rest of the list is in alphabetical order.

pre:
Adam Rose
Aiden English
Bad News Barret
Baron Corbin
Big E
Big Boss Man
Big Show
Billy Gunn
Blake
Bo Dallas
Booker T
Bray Wyatt
Bret Hart
Brock Lesnar
Bubba Ray
Bull Dempsy
Cesaro
Chris Jericho
Christian
Cass
Curtis Axel
D-Von
Daniel Bryan
Damien Sandow
Darren Young
David Otunga
Dean Ambrose
Diego
Dolph Ziggler
Erick Rowan
Edge
Enzo
Fandango
Evander Holyfield
Fernado
Finn Balor
Golddust
Heath Slater
Hideo
Hogan
Jack Swagger
Jake the Snake
Jamie Noble
JBL
Jimmy
Jey
Joey Mercury
John Cena
Kalisto
Kane
Kevin Owens
Kofi Kingston
Konnor
Luke Harper
Mankind
Mark Henry
Million Dollar Man
The Miz
Mojo
Murphy
Neville
R-Truth
Randy Orton
Road Dogg
RVD
The Rock
Roman Reigns
Rhyno
Rusev
Ryback
Sami Zayn
Seth Rollins
Shaun Michaels
Sheamus
Simon Gotch
Sin Cara
Shane McMahon
Stardust
Sting
Stone Cold
Titus O'Niel
Triple H
Tyler Breeze
Tyson Kidd
The Undertaker
Viktor
Vince McMahon
Viscera
William Regal
X-Pac
Xavier Woods
Zack Ryder
EDIT: while trying to figure this all out, we came to the conclusion it was fake literally because "Vince McMahon" is not his wrestling name; it's always been Mr. McMahon, and he's always been listed under M. :v:

you would think this would be a fairly immediate tipoff, because why the gently caress

quote:

Evander Holyfield

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

Colonel Mustafa
Emma
Eva Marie
General Adnan

Sweet, I can finally make that ISIS faction

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

While I appreciate the inclusion of 'It's Tricky' I've gotta ask...uh...why?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

Seeing as PS4 has Spotify support now, that version should allow you to pick any track up on it and use it.

Does that work with any other game on PS4? I would straight up buy a PS4 today if this is the case.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

epitasis posted:

does what work? i don't think you can trigger the playing of specific songs on spotify through gameplay, no, but you can replace all game music with spotify yeah

Yeah I was reading up on it and it sounds like that's the case. It would be sick if I could access Spotify for entrance music but even the implementation they have now is enough to get a buy from me. Looks like I'm gettin a ps4.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

epitasis posted:

the spotify integration on ps4 is really superb, well especially for me since I was already a subscriber. you can just control the whole thing with your phone so you don't need to go up to the system UI and can flip through tracks or whatever without pausing

Even during a game? Holy poo poo man, this is what I've wanted from a console for years. Cheers dude.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tonfa posted:

You could just transfer any old mp3s to PS3 via an USB stick and assign them as entrance music. Why the new generation has taken it out is beyond me.

Yep (or transfer them wirelessly from your network if you want). It only worked in some games like Burnout and Wipeout but you could use those for custom soundtracks as well.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Astro7x posted:

I think people forget why so many characters in games have buzzed heads because hair physics are hard.

Didn't the first UFC game omit Clay Guida because of this? Or didn't UFC try to convince Guida to shave his head so he could be in it?

e: haha they offered him ten loving grand to cut it http://bleacherreport.com/articles/187610-guidas-hair-kept-him-out-of-ufc-2009-undisputed

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They dun-dun it! Brap brap brap!

Can you still make Divas in CAW though? If so, who cares, I'm sure they'll have some dumbass glasses and ridiculous gear to make Becky.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh you can run in from the crowd now? Finally my CAW of that dildo from Night of Champions will be complete.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wait there's no match in Austin Mode where you actually team with Pillman? That's unfortunate.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Dan from Giant Bomb played it and was pretty disappointed. Said it's basically the same game as last year, gameplay-wise.

Is that bad? Weren't the major criticisms from the last game that it played fine but had too many features stripped out?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

I think the number one thing they need to do is find an identity for the game, because right now they're trying to be everything while succeeding at nothing. I realize you need to tack on some sort of story-driven single player mode to sell to audiences these days but if the game was just exhibition + online + maybe universe they'd be able to focus on things that are actually important, and maybe we'd get a balanced and fun experience out of it (lol).

People who like this series of games get buckwild when you take out one attire, and you want to drop half the game? The toothpaste is out of the tube, if they take something out now they have to replace it with something else or the game will be seen as a step backwards. Even if you're not having a balanced and fun experience, the creation suites have spawned the only halfway interesting thing about this game.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Big Bidness posted:

No custom entrance music, and because of built in streaming/youtube upload on consoles and paid music streaming services, we might not ever get it again.

If you have Spotify, you could stream music during the entrances though, right? It'd be pretty clunky I imagine, however.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tonfa posted:

Yeah that's pretty much a nonstarter.

*Nakamura runs in*

*fumbles for 30 seconds trying to launch his sound cue*

I mean you're already watching the entrances and took the time to make or download a super-accurate Nakamura. Don't stop there and ruin the immersion by giving him Brie Mode as a theme.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CVagts posted:

From what I've seen of 2K16, I want it, but my options are either waiting for the PC port or dropping $400 on a PS4. I think I'll wait.

For what it's worth I think the PS4 is going to drop in price soon. I know in Canada it's coming down to $429 and there's already bundles with Destiny: Taken King for that price, so if you sell Destiny to get 2K16 it's not terribly expensive.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Swagger Dagger posted:

They just announced a drop to 350 in the US too.

It's still silly to buy a console for one game, mind, especially 2k16. It's better than last year but it's not console selling better.

I bought it for Fallout actually, but 2K16 is just gravy. I definitely wouldn't call 2K16 a system seller on its own.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Good lord the music in this game is irritating. I hate Run DMC now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I still don't have the hang of the submission game but I think the pinning game is a big improvement over 2K14 (the last installment I played). The lockup thing is kind of fun too.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There's still a lot of weirdness. Try putting a hood or a hat on Haku's giant hairdo and it'll start doing some insane stuff.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Senerio posted:

Okay, so another question: If I get the game on PS4 would the Season Pass be worth it?

It was worth it for me, since the accelerator is bundled in.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I agree that it's gross but it's such standard practice now that I can't complain about it with this game. At least there's a huge amount of stuff to get (and time saved) for two bucks here, where for other games it's a whole lot less content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dumb question: can you not change hair lengths? I was looking for the option last night but couldn't find it. It used to be buried in the hair colour options.