Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Well time to start up a new round of Fire Pro. Thanks gang!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I like to do this thing where I draft 40 wrestlers into 4 separate leagues and then I have a system that determines who fights who in those leagues based on the order they were drafted in. Each league has a champion determined in the “pre-season” and then every “month” for five “months” (the regular season) each league holds a single show consisting of four matches (so every wrestler has one “month” off) and then at the end of the “month” there’s a ppv with bonus matches where the wrestlers with the highest match rating in their league get a shot at their champion and it’s all worth points. Also at the ppv there’s an 8-man elimination match consisting of everyone who had that “month” off and the winner gets bonus points.

Then after the 5 months of matches i seed everyone into 1 of 2 different single elimination tournaments for their league and then those 8 winners go into a double round robin and the winner of that is that seasons grand champion. (The post-season)

Basically it gives me a reason to sim a bunch of matches and they are all determined by the draft and who beats who and they all build to a big finale and it’s really fun. After the draft I literally have no control over what happens.

Last time I did a 1999 thing and it was great. Eddie Guerrero won his leagues belt in the first month and was undefeated until the tournament where he lost to x-Pac (who was ranked 32nd overall going in) in the first round and then X-Pac lost that tournament in the finals to Sid Vicious who did ok but did not win the round robin. The final match was undefeated Hulk Hogan (who had way less points than Eddie due to never winning his leagues belt) vs Big Show and the only match Big Show had lost was against Hogan in the very first week of the very first month. Big Show beat Hulk and brother I was LOSING it.

Currently I’m thinking of doing a 1993 based season and getting actual entrance themes in there is gonna be so cool I can’t wait.

Sandman from ECW fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 10, 2024

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I’m talking about Fire Pro, btw. I guess you could probably do this in other games too.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Spreadsheets are absolutely critical to my system. It’s at least 40% of the fun

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

My god

It’s beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Just do a new Fire Pro and put the AEW in it. And NJPW. Call it Fire Pro Forb.