Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Downloaded this thing, my champion is rare fandango and uncommons Edge, Goldust and big john studd with a common AJ to fill in. Winning more than I'm losing so far but yet to find the next rare before I accidentally tapped KoTR and am now in tutorial hell

E: an hour in and now my team is Super Rare Dean Ambrose + Rare Fandango, Batista and Eric Rowan (and still a common AJ :negative:)

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Potsticker posted:

Uncommon Summer Rae is amazing in terms of stats against other Divas.

If your W/L record is important to you, don't level your guys and just replace them with higher stat spread guys. Once I started levelling my non-Diva cards I started getting much rougher matchups for sure.

Of course that's balanced by not levelling limitng the potential prize payouts by keeping you in a lower seeding.

Also super rare Nikki Bella keeps destroying me. :saddowns: Summer Rae uncommon is pretty great though against basically everything else.

Pro versions of cards seem to take up half the 'pokedex' and my completionism is itching - anyone done the math on how much of a hit xp takes if you smash doubles together before feeding them to your rares?

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 15, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Turns out commons are worth 21xp and pro commons 45, so think the rule is always combine before you feed your trash cards to your team

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Potsticker posted:

Thanks for figuring that out definitively.

Checked and the same is also true of uncommons. Would be interested to see some more info about the returns on training up cards before feeding them/combining them for those who are doing that.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Potsticker posted:

Special abilties always count, even if they don't do the animations, as far as I have observed. Tag team powerups require the same color, opposite facing symbols to get the bonus. Same symbols provide no bonus and different colors gives you a debuff to all stats.

I'm pretty sure the specials don't always count because I've had fights where we both had an ability and only my opponent's activated to win him the fight.

Didn't notice about the opposite symbol thing though, thanks for pointing out the somewhat obvious.

Super Rare Ambrose and Rare Aj are doing a lot of work, and Rare Xavier Woods of all people is a complete house for me, and kills it tagging with Erick Rowan.

What are people's views on support cards? I current have a +6/+6 of 2 stats and -6/-6 off the other 2 stats in my lineup

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 16, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

Here you go!

Yours:

Mine:

So what did you combine with the latter McMahon, a maxed out level 25 one? that is a helluva boost if so.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Bhester posted:

So really the only purpose of common cards is to feed to uncommons or rares? I'm sure that's a dumb question, but this is the first type of game like this I've played.

Yep, by the time you own 5 good uncommons/rares, the commons become purely xp fodder. Once you get a good team of Rares or above (preferably with 2 compatible tag teams and a diva) your uncommons become obsolete.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

canada jezus posted:

I suddenly like sheamus because of this.

Shaemus was and is cool and great

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Has there been anyone on the revealed roster so far who isn't in the supercard game? Some of the art they used was pretty similar, wondering if they shared rosters or just assets

E: ~360:60 here, keeping my exhibition team just below SR+ level for the moment: not sure if I should go over the top and add the Eddie SR I found yet. 25-4 and tied for top in my KotR, with this would hurry up and get to the elimination stages so I can use all the cards again

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 16, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

One little aspect I'm enjoying more than I should are the proper technical move names they give the special attacks.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Chinook posted:

Is the Champion role, that you set, simply to pick which person is your icon to other people?

As far as I can tell, yes. And thus Rare Fandango shall be my forever champion. I guess as most people set one of their squad as the champ, you can gain a tiny edge putting a card not in your squad as your avatar, but that's probably more effort than this game really requires.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

vinnie mac has decent charisma but he seems behind the curve everywhere else, I have one and I don't even run him because Eddie Guerrero is so drat good and they use the same slot.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Of course I wake up 2 minutes after my quarter final game 2 begins, so I'm 0-2 and dead before I have a chance to swap out/recharge guys. 2 Days of game time well spent, ugh

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

the downside of KotR is it locks 14 of your cards from being fed or combined, and when it takes the best part of 3 days to run 1 KotR, you'll not really know if you're going to be at the point where you'll want to be Pro-ing your SR's together or something by te time it winds up

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

For those of you who played Supercard, who were your strangest tag teams that managed to have good synergy with each other?

Erick Rowan and Xavier Woods

E: VVV well poo poo, noone's topping that. :drat:

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 18, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I'm pretty sure her base stats are better than AJ's

They are and I'm considering abandoning my maxed rare AJ to train up my rare Eva because she keeps loving beating me :negative:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

My new favourite tag team synergy I lose horribly to is SR Vince and UR Macho Man

And yeah, generally a maxed pro made from 2 maxed cards will beat any maxed regular card in the next tier, assuming you picked a card with good stats to begin with. I'm now grinding for doubles of SRs to go with my Pro SR Vince and Andre's... And pro rare Eva Marie :negative:

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 19, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The secret easy matches are the pay2win whales with UR+ avatars but few matches played as they'll have 1 killer card but generally gently caress all else, so you should almost always get a 2-1 win

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Finally hit UR tier and pulled a UR Naomi (bye pro rare Eva!), and for some reason the game keeps shipping me SR Vinces (3) and Andres (4) rather than anything else of value.

E: Dean finally gets to tag with Andre's ghost :unsmith:

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Aug 20, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

How do you guys handle your training? Do you focus on getting one card to Max at a time or keep your cards on the same level?

I try to keep most of my cards on the same level. 1 super-high level card will win the fight it's a part of most of the time, but because you're matched on the power of your whole deck, you'll probably be disadvantaged for the other 2.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

So the maintenance caused a roll back that basically eliminated everything I did since last afternoon, including the two SR Andres that I picked :(

e: Jeeze, just going through my stuff at work and I think I lost over 100 cards of progress.

I heard that that might be something to do with fixing the re-using cards glitch. did you abuse that at all? I never bothered to work out how to do it and I don't think I had anything rolled back

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

1500+ matches in and finally, finally I get my 2nd uncommon Jimmy Uso. Uncommon set: complete. Mystery of why Jimmy Uso is the shittest card in the game and has abysmal speed: unanswered

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

What is "Use of Tobacco" in the rating? Old school Sandman entrance? :v:

Won't happen, but old school goldust+Marlena, perhaps.

Comedy option: heel r-truth

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Yeah, progression kinda plateaus around the UR++ level, as your ceiling on card power is SR Pro/UR regular, and you gain UR cards slowly enough that you're unlikely to get a pair to Pro up. KoTR seems like the most reliable way to get past that point, but at that tier you'll be fighting against pay2win guys with Epic/Legendary cards. Actually finishing in the top 2 is tough, because your team will be 10 similar power level cards which won't be able to beat a team of 5 epics + 5 commons if the user is managing energy properly.

I'm at this point myself and I've run out of guys to level with fully levelled SR pro's Andre, Big Show, Vince and UR Cena and Naomi. I _could_ level up another andre and batista SR pair.... but that's a lot of xp for something that's only marginally better than my UR Cena/SR pro vince tag team

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

All the pictures of Bryan in Super Card make him look like a dope. Subtle burial?

Still better than SR Del Rio/Goldust

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Won my KotR semi-final :toot:

Only a matter of time now before I get my UR pair and (hopefully) ascend to Epic tier.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

They updated Supercard's KOTR mode, now inactive cards gain back 20 energy a turn rather than 6. takes a little less micromanagement during the group stage.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I like that they scanned in big johnny for, presumably, the MITB 2011 bit

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

smashpro1 posted:

I've hit a wall in SuperCard.
I'm in Ultra Rare++, and my team is four SR Pros, and a R Pro Diva. Everyone is maxed out. Now, I'm just idly tapping through exhibition matches farming KOTR consumables and praying for better Diva cards.

This is where I got to recently. The only real way out is making a KotR finals and making a UR pro, which will get you into epic easily. From there, hope you get an epic drop that's worth it (I have a feeling that as soon as you make it to the next unique card type tier you should get one of them on your next exhibition rare board)

My team is now SR maxed pro Andre, big show, Vince, UR max pro HBK, UR Naomi and an epic Second wind (+19 all stats :eyepop:)

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I wonder if SR Batista, Big Show and Andre are very common? They're on my team and I see them quite often on other people's teams as well, but maybe I'm just looking for it.

There's definitely a hidden rarity value somewhere. I have 4 SR Andres, Vinces & batista's and 3 big shows out of about a dozen unique SRs

Can't wait for the semis/finals of my KOTR to conclude, should be taking another UR pair and just in time as I've completely run out of things to train. I'm at the point where I max pro'd a SR del rio just to warm the bench on KOTR, now I'm stockpiling pro uncommons/rares while keeping myself just below the max card limit.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 3, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

1 hour per round then up to 9hours for the final 8, so you've got like.. 40 hours til you get paid.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Once you get to the point of needing to Pro your super rares to compete, KOTR becomes the best way to improve your deck. Just try to stay on the other side of the bracket from the inevitable ringer with a pile of epic rares who actually pays attention to energy levels. Of course, competing in KOTR will require a good amount of exhibition matches to top up energy and boosts for the finals.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

cams posted:

So, that link lead me to this
Do you really only need to level up one of the cards you are combining to get the max value? I've been maxing both cards before combining, have I been wasting training?

No you need to max both to get the highest stats. I tried this for myself and the pro card will start lower in stats than the maxed regular card if you only level up one of the cards.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Sockser posted:

I'm in UR++, my team is 5 double-max pro-max SR's, and I have no idea what to do from here. My dudes can't compete in the UR KotR, and SR KotR doesn't help me move forward either.

Sigh.

you'd be suprised how well you'd be able to compete at the UR kotr tier. if you pay even a small amount of attention to energy levels you'll make the top 8 and get 1 UR easily, and you might even make the finals if the other guy isn't both a ringer with epics and paying attention to the game/using boosts.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Be warned that if every result in the bracket finishes 2-0 they will skip to the next round instead of playing the third game, and in my experience the third game doesn't get played when it's 2-0, so your team doesn't heal. Perhaps this changed recently though?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Bah, lost in the semis of my epic tier KOTR, had a matchup where I was favoured in 2/4 and him in the others and his ones kept coming up. Oh well at least I get 1 epic card out of this, hopefully not another support and I can finally phase out my super rare pros.

Does anyone know if there's some resource for looking up max potential stats? I could level up a UR pro Vince McMahon but as it's probably the worst UR I'm unsure if it'll beat a random levelled epic.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 7, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

COol, yea i have yet to dive into the king of the ring mode.

Be warned that starting a KOTR will prevent those cards from being combined or fed to other cards for the 48 hour duration so be careful about using un-pro'd cards you have plans for in it.

Thanks!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I've played vs 2 different Jhon Cenas, and I really hope they're goons

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Jayou posted:

In Supercard, can you have the same cards active in KOTR and usable in exhibition matches?

I have done one KOTR, but cant remember, and I dont want to start a KOTR and leave myself only terrible cards to use in standard matches.

You can use them in both, the only restriction for KotR is the cards you use in it can't be deleted, combined or use as training fodder until it's finished.

I seem to have hit another plateau at Epic++ tier, have a team of UR Pros and a UR diva and can't make it to the finals of a KotR to get an epic pair because there's too many people with pro epics and a bench of commons. 1 epic every 2 days is slow progress.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Has there been any talk about doing timed events or limited edition cards for Supercard? They have to do SOMETHING like that to keep people like us hooked.

one of the recent on-start messages implied a future global tournament of some kind and there's apparently a content update happening during maintenance at 5 PST tonight