Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

yeah not sure if it's a mix of which cards are more common in the rarity tiers or luck, but I have a load of Blue right arrow guys and very few yellow downs or blue lefts. Having to use a UR pro Vince because I can't form a tag team otherwise (and that 10% bonus is big)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

It's especially crazy because of how little this game tries to force you into spending money and how early these people dropped cash on it. These people played basically none of the game before deciding "yep, here's all my money", in a game with a very reasonable difficulty curve with good progression all the way to UR tier. And yeah, the actual prices for stuff are insane and not even close to impulse purchase for people lategame who want an epic or 2 to move up a tier. If it was 5bux for a random epic+? maybe. but $25 for a guarunteed useful cards or 50 cents for half of the prize of winning an exhibition match?

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 13, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I hit an Epic second wind (+19 all) when I got to epic tier so it's hard to have any card actually beat that for usefulness so I have a SR Stop sign (+20 Toughness) in the 2nd slot that I rarely use. I think ideally the 2 slots would be best used by +2 stat supports covering all 4 stats between them, but practicaly you just go with what you have.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

cams posted:

Oh really? I thought it was decided that feeding a Pro gave about 10% more than the two cards would give on their own combined.

It does at level 0, but I think he means that you lose some of the XP value you got from levelling when you turn a maxed pair of cards into a pro.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Finally made the finals of an epic tier KOTR, now to train my Max Pro Epic Booker T and hopefully crush some suckas in Legendary tier. :toot:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

it's possible these people are trying to intentionally get themselves into a lower tier. Running the ringer strategy to farm picks is possible, but you would still be lower tier than you'd be able to achieve so your rewards are lower if you did so and win/loss ratio doesn't actually matter.

E: ^^ backing out of picks is time consuming on iOS though that would work. Plus it's not that hard to run the game normally and get like a 7:1 win/loss ratio and not need a bunch of superpowerful cards.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 15, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

RIP my ipad battery. A place to get guaranteed diva card rewards is real nice, though.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Man, delaying games is the hottest trend this year.

Also don't buy dragonage on launch. I hosed up and did it for the last one, never again.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I'm just wary because DA2 had a lot of hype surrounding it too and got ridiculously positive reviews despite being real bad, so I've been trying to avoid seeing any DA3 trailers/previews and wait for people without financial incentives to say positive things to play it.

Any news on when these supercard changes are coming to iOS?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Swagger Dagger posted:

I got super rare Paige and Cena cards as ladder rewards that have gold borders and appear to be unusable. It's weird.

edit: I guess all the rewards have gold borders but I can't put the SRs in my deck.

You sometimes have to play one exhibition game to actually get the rewards granted to you. I just put a SR cena in my exhibition deck so it should work.

Also the fact these are both gold bordered and one of a kind is triggering my dumb collector instincts like mad and making me really not want to do the logical thing and combine and then feed the low tier ones as they're no longer useful to me. 4k exhibition games has got me all the way to UR Cena, but the SR Paige pair is the only thing I actually needed from the reward cards.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Ugh now everyone is going to be running around with Pro SR Paige, I hope my Pro SR Brie has better stats.

I mean, I'll have Pro SR Paige as well but I'd prefer not to have one round be a tie in every match.

you should be able to see if it will by looking at the base stats of both cards in the card album

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

So does only 1 team win this thing, and if so which team are we stacking?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

Go on...

Is a maxed out non-pro UR better than a maxed pro regular rare?

Maxed pros are a little better than maxed non-pro cards of the tier above, so it would be better than a maxed non-pro SR but not a maxed non-pro UR

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

well basically everyone gets the same rewards at the end of it, so it's mostly personal preference. And seeing as the ladder rewards are cena anyway, I don't want to have to see a million cenas every match, so vote brock.

The taunt card is probably better than the manager one though, so in pure 'which cards are better' terms Cena wins lol and if you're planning to win the whole thing you'll want that

Mayostard posted:

I don't understand why Erick Rowan is a better card than Roman Reigns and why he has such high Charisma. Whomever designed this game is clearly a fan of him and Eva Marie.

#AllRedEverything

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

did you try playing 1 more game after the 2000th?

I like that the Brock/Cena matches give all the benefits of exhibition modeand it's anecdotal but rares etc seem to come faster, which is a big positive. getting to a relevant reward tier for me is going to require top 2500 and man that's a big ask. +3 point matches seem to be pretty winnable, I gave up on the +5's after losing badly twice.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 19, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

finally inched my way into Legendary tier and my Legendary drop was a Natalya :toot:

Had only just finished levelled a SR pro paige but can't really complain about a good diva drop.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

cams posted:

Lost in the semis of another Epic KOTR :(

Really a bummer, an epic pair is an upgrade for me, a lone epic is worthless. Bah.

I've been there, you just have to keep at it and be awake for your top 8's. Managed to get lucky and find a KotR without too many ringers and made the finals once, and then in another my top 8 and out rare ended up being a 2nd Epic Bray Wyatt that I'd had from a previous tourney.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I dropped from around 2500 to 3300 overnight. The higher you get the slower your progress so it probably works out to a similar amount of work to get back to where you were before.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Yeah I think we all are.

I just hit that annoying part in a levelup where your opponents tend to have maxed pro epics/maxed legendaries and random commons, making winning matches a bit of a crapshoot as you always lose if they don't send out their poo poo cards. Might have to try to artificially lower my level until I can max out my epic pro cards and not auto-lose those matchups. I have become the monster :negative:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Man my supercard ios app keeps crashing lately. Killing it and restarting doesn't seem to help

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Bhester posted:

Yeah, I have to reboot my phone and it usually works after that. I'm guessing there's something with iOS8 that the app doesn't like.

I don't have even have iOS 8 on my ipad, so I don't think that's it

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Jubs posted:

Anybody else try to make designs when choosing your blind cards?

Yes and then sometimes I make a swastika and feel vaguely bad about it. Still can't make the app open, rip my people's champ/KOTR hopes

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 23, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

ZDar Fan posted:

Almost always. I get kind of annoyed when I'm working on a fun one and then I hit a board-resetting card.

My game (on iOS) has been crashing nearly every time I go to train a card for the past few days. I can go right back into the game afterward, but it's really irritating.

yeah I can't get back into mine now. Not sure how to fix it. Would deleting the app kill my progress?

E: Deleting the app entirely and redownloading seemed to fix it, cheers

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 23, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Congratulations Corey Graves

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I gave up at ~3800, 1 epic is better than nothing, but I really need a pair at some point.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Just made the finals of an Epic KotR using the 'bench of poo poo cards to deflate your deck tier' strategy, hopefully gonna get my 3rd pro epic team member who isn't Up or Right and kick UR vince to the curb.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I hear that the NBA version has it every 2 weeks or so. I like it but it'd burn me out if it was on constantly.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

It's apparently called 'NBA 2k MyTeam Mobile'

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I played against a maxed epic RVD today that had 420 charisma.

Sadly I found out this was because of a manager that had been played previously. Way to drop the ball, 2k :mad:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Last time that happened to me I deleted the app and redownloaded, which fixed it

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 27, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/516680123379380224

Something to look forward to

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

You'd have to imagine that last-gen NBA 2k14 pc porting would have to do with them already having the old gen version engine running on PC from previous years and not wanting to remake the whole engine on PC as well as next gen consoles when console sales are way higher priority. With no PC version of a WWE game existing currently, there's really no reason for them to port over the last gen version when porting the net gen version would be mechanically simpler due to architecture, and futureproofing the product for further yearly releases when the last gen games aren't going to get more than maybe 1 more year.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

It's not so much a trick, as it is that with a strong pair of solos and a diva, you can win matches even without anything worthwhile as a tag team or on the bench, and as KOTR groups are put together on overall deck power, doing this will mean you're paired against people with more balanced teams with cards weaker than your 3 strong ones.
You use poo poo cards for the tag team specifically because you want to use the minimum number of good cards to do this to deflate your ranking.

The downside is you're likely to be in a lower tier KOTR than you could get to using a full team, and you'll need to spend more time with energy refills because you won't have substitutes, but if you want to win it's easily the most reliable way.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 30, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Yeah I've had to delete and reinstall the app today. Feels like there are more people playing this mode than ever. Not even broken the top 50k yet.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The gameplay and AI in 2k14 is pretty good, and the load times while long aren't as insane as previous titles. It's probably going to be known as the best WWE game of the 360/ps3 era. It's still a yukes game though, so there's bugs aplenty and it all still looks pretty bad. I enoyed the wrestlemania mode and the CAWs and universe mode are pretty fun, but yeah if you have the ability to run the next gen 2k15 you should maybe think about waiting on that to come out.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Yeah I've decided if I can't beat them, join them and my team for exhibitions is now Max Epic Pro Stone Cold, Warrior and Bray Wyatt, +2 trash commons, which sits me at legendary tier. Giving up a potential legendary++, but they never dropped anyway and this way I always win my PCC matches even at +5.
Benching Legendary Natalya and max Epic Pro Booker T feels wrong, but it's how the game is structured and ignoring it just hurts my returns.

Not really sure where to go after this. I could try epic KOTRs and hope for an epic diva pair to repace my legendary or have a go straight up at legendary KOTR, and min/max my team to just edge into that tier with 1-2 decent bench cards to make up the needed points.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

MotU posted:

I am doing everything normally and not gaming it and I seem to be doing alright with Exhibitions/KotR? Like I am about 50% on 5 points and like 95% on the 3 point matches and easily hovering in the 1651-2500 Tier for 2x Cesaros (which is what I want). I'm currently in UR++ with a team of 1 P-UR and the rest P-SR. Does it completely fall off in the next tier or something?

You get paired with decks of similar stats so you can run into areas during your progression where the total stats of your deck are about equal to that of someone with a deck of 3 or so maxed pro URs + trash, for example, and then you'll run into more of them. At the very high reward tiers, where everyone has multiple maxed epics, you find yourself hitting these clumps more often.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

BlueArmyMan posted:

Yo, Blasmeister, do me a favor and kick Robbie's rear end for me.

haha, I need to win my game 3 coinflip matchup in the semis first, I'll do my best but that guy's rocking Pro Legendaries :eyepop:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

BlueArmyMan posted:

I always have issues discerning between Epics and Legendaries just based on color.

I'm glad you did qualify after all; once I realized who you were I tried to help by putting in my B team against you and my A team against the dude who was in 8th.

Yeah I think I finished in a 3 way tie for 8th or something, wasn't expecting to make it, and wasn't paying as much attention to the group stage until the end when it started to look like I might make it anyway.

Now to try and calculate if splitting my tag pair is worth losing the pair bonus to increase my chances in 2 singles because they're slightly better than my singles in game 3.

E: made it, woo.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I couldn't beat him BlueArmyMan, I'm sorry. but I got a pair of Legendary Eddies out of it, so I think I'll be ok