Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

quote:

"Alright, so in TEW I've got a product that's key on traditionalism, heavy on mainstream and medium on realism (with a smattering of very lows in things like hardcore and and cult). I'm somewhat perplexed regarding how to get my guys gaining momentum. Essentially what I've done is classic TV wrestling stuff - I've taken face / heel pairings of my "native" talents in the main event and upper midcard to be booked as never-losers, slotted into feuds with one another, and kept the remainder of my talent as dudes who trade wins with one another and job to the high card. The thing is that no matter what I do, show to show their momentum rarely rises above E+. My fed is currently in E- popularity / prestige and D+ momentum in my home region (it's pretty young). Is worker momentum shackled to fed momentum the way show grades are shackled by popularity?"

- Book an E momentum guy against a guy with D momentum, and have him win. Raise a guy up the card, and try not to kill the momentum of anyone you want to be credible too badly, ie - E guy beats D+ guy. Have D+ guy beat another D+ guy the next game. Some must die so that others may live. Storyline successes and storyline popularity build momentum as well. So do heel turns. Manager pairings. Gimmick changes. Winning matches and creative builds momentum. Learn how to build momentum because otherwise you'll have a hard time bringing people up the card.

quote:

I've also got two expensive guys who are pretty well-known and good workers (Drew Mac and Homicide) in a feud also on the never-lose list, and I've been getting solid D+ shows (good enough for awesome post-show reviews) by booking one in the main event and one in the semi-main every show. I could spend a lot more money to goose the ratings with a more over undercard but I'd rather do this on the cheap.

- OK.

quote:

My product rates dudes evenly on performance and popularity, and I don't know if this is screwing me and keeping my dudes who aren't popular perpetually unpopular. I am managing to slowly build up momentum on my storylines and kinda-sorta cheating with angles to make sure everyone looks good (basically going heavy on classic promos where dudes putting both themselves and their rivals over), but I haven't had any blowoffs yet so I don't know if that will help.

- Yes. Yes it will. You can have a pretty even feud, where both guys get a big boost of momentum at the end of the story. Or you can have one where one guy gets a huge boost and the other guy isn't hurt. Or you can sacrifice one worker to put over another like a mega star. You're choice. A lot of guys wait until one worker gets a fantastic storyline rating and then pulls him. I never quite mastered that, I'd usually pull one guy at Great or whatever was after it.

At the end of the day, when you start a game the momentum is random. You can get screwed big time if you get an unlucky roll of the dice, right off the bat. It's really hard to build momentum for anyone when nobody has it.

High gimmick ratings, charisma, superstar quality, menace, these things determine how fast a guy will get over, and in a way, how you should book them to get over. Book them based off that if nobody has any momentum.

God Of Paradise fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU